Ugliest Macross Mech Head?

AlphaHX

Oh like that hasn't been obvious over the last ten or so years, with the Master-Piece-Of-Crap models, the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-mastering of their DVDs, and the overall quality of their work. They'll do anything for a quick buck.

The ugliest head definately has to be the Masterpiece VF-1R "Jack Archer" model made by Harmony Gold. It's beyond ugly, it just looks like someone's been drawing VF-1A's without their glasses.

do you have a problem with everyone on the board or something? :blink:

some people arent "aware" of everything as you are. calm down. :mellow:

According to these sundry threads, the non-HG/non-animation mistake VF-1R is in some of the early Macross games for PC Engine.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=9476&hl=

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=5817&hl=

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4848&hl=

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=3358&hl=

In other words it's non-canon but semi-official design (in the sense that it appeared in Big West-sanctioned products), something like the VF-1SOL.

Also see http://www.gearsonline.net/macross/2036.php

Edited by ewilen

Or this... the palladium books concoction.

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mecha/...f-1r/vf_1r.html

Man, that site is one of the sorriest ripoffs I've ever seen... no wonder is robotech... they even named one valk "Kawamori"... what kind of vermin made such crap? it's one of the things that truely makes me happy I'm on the macross side, it's the true side, not that turd and complete ripoff of designs that never had anything to do with that POS we all know.... Robosh.it. I wonder if the guys who made that site have any soul... what a lame excuse of a site is that... :angry:

Man, that site is one of the sorriest ripoffs I've ever seen... no wonder is robotech... they even named one valk "Kawamori"... what kind of vermin made such crap? it's one of the things that truely makes me happy I'm on the macross side, it's the true side, not that turd and complete ripoff of designs that never had anything to do with that POS we all know.... Robosh.it. I wonder if the guys who made that site have any soul... what a lame excuse of a site is that... :angry:

Careful, don't want to be too nasty to those Robotechers. I got accused for trolling by some nut in another topic.

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think. :)

Althoug I'm mentioned Robotech as crap on my above post actually what really my message is that they not only took the designs that appear in RT and that they are legally able to use as roboturd things but they also took, renamed and included in their sorry story other designs that has nothing to do with'em, that's what really pisses me, it's like I start my own mecha story and use all the gundams as my own designs.. really, that's really shamefull, they should stick with what they have and include designs made by'em, terrible...

And about geting accused for trolling I really don't care since this is a forum and one of it's purposes is that people stand their opinions, actually indirectly everybody here is like a group of friends so no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I dislike the YF-21's head, but the VF-22's is probably my favorite.

Screw functionality when it doesn't look good.  Pretty can be functional too.

PS:  Sound Force Valks are supposed to be used for pyschological warfare, so that excuses the use of humanoid faces on them :D

I totally agree! The 21 looks ugly while the 22 looks cool somehow

It's the visor that makes it look better in my opinion. Visors on robots are cool. The 21 just looks to goofy with that featureless head.

I vote that the ugly award goes to the VF-1A.

And to it's close relative, the VF-11, which is actually uglier(and suspiciously similar to Rawbooteck's YF-1R...).

don't assume that the VF-11 was ripped off from the what ever Robotech item you refer too. check your time lines. it's clear when the chicken and eggs achieved their orgasms... :blink:

I vote that the ugly award goes to the VF-1A.

And to it's close relative, the VF-11, which is actually uglier(and suspiciously similar to Rawbooteck's YF-1R...).

don't assume that the VF-11 was ripped off from the what ever Robotech item you refer too. check your time lines. it's clear when the chicken and eggs achieved their orgasms... :blink:

I KNOW that.

I was TRYING to suggest the possibility that Rawbooteck ripped the VF-11 head off for the YF-1R.

Many a Rabbltetech fansite has adopted the VF-11 as It-R-Canon. Of course they also adopt a lot of things they don't even use correctly in their RPGs.

The ugliest head would have to be the VF-4, IMO, at least the only variant that's been seen so far. The runer up goes to the VF-5000.

I was TRYING to suggest the possibility that Rawbooteck ripped the VF-11 head off for the YF-1R.

IIRC I think the developers mentioned that it was acutally based off an animation mistake.

Sorry I don't have a link for you...

IIRC I think the developers mentioned that it was acutally based off an animation mistake.

Sorry I don't have a link for you...

Yes they did. And I don't doubt that's true, to a small degree. I mean, it DOES have the 3 head guns...

But as has been pointed out, the YF-1R head bears very little resemblence to the animation error in question(which would have given it a 1A head between its side lasers).

So I ask... would YOU admit that you were thiefing design elements from other sources?

Even knowing HG(We can't steal from Macross because we OWN Macross!), they wouldn't, just because it covers their asses should Big West decide to sue them.

They claim it's based on the VF-1A animation goof, which they actually have (non-exclusive) rights to. Then steal the VF-11 head, because "Big West can't copyright a hexagon LOLOL".

Personally, I think the VF-11 similarity is too strong to just ignore.

I'm all for the fin thing, but still, I'm not keen on any of the heads of the Soundforce Valkyries.

Of course, my leanings are towards the more utilitarian designs. The VF-21/2, the VF-1A (DYRL? version), the VF-11 are some of my favourite head designs.

Ditto :) I'm also quite partial to the DYRL versions.

Never, ever liked the Soundforce valks. Ever.