Ugliest Macross Mech Head?

AlphaHX

I like both versions of the VF-1A head, but the DYRL version looks cooler. Between the VF-22 and the 21, I like the ugly circle-eye-thing way better than that stupid Geordie LaForge visor. My favourite head has got to be the VF-1S...but wait, we're talking about the ugliest head right? Then hands down, Basara's head...I mean his Valk's head is the ugliest thing in the entire Macross franchise.

Faces should stay off of Valks. Funny, I can accept transformers with mouths, but not Valks.

I realize Graham explained the whole face thing, as did several other members, but why do civilians need Valkries? That's like me buying an F-14 and flying it around for fun, or maybe an M1 Abrams tank with a happy face painted on in and driving it to work. What business do I have in either of those machines? Unless of course I was filthy rich, I could then do pretty much whatever I wanted with my money....Michael Jackson does do freaky things with his money.

Makes me wonder if he even watched the series at all...

ITs undoubtedly the most original valk. As I said, its the only one with the man in head design, its engines are not located in its legs. No other valk is this original. But its still FUGLY. I think this valk more than any other has the idea beauty in purpose attached to it. ITs a lot like the A-10, designed for a purpose, however ugly it may be.

The VA-3 is ugly, sure, but I still think it's ugly in that cool and interesting sort of way. I don't want all my Valks to be sleek and shiney, that would get boring.

I really liked the first sketch of the VA-3 in Kawamori's Macross Design Works. It had a more humanoid figure to it compared to how it is now. I wonder if theres a scan of that anywhere. hmm...

You know, there's a whole television series that explains why.

Exactly.

Yeah, I know...I watched it once after I bought the DVD set and sort of remember them saying something about it but I couldn't bear to watch the series a second time so I'll never figure it out. Anyway, back on topic, Basara's Valk has the ugliest mech Head.

Maybe we should start a poll to get some figures.

Of all the possible valks?

Quite hard because there are more than ten choices, and selection for the poll would be purely subjective.

I like both versions of the VF-1A head, but the DYRL version looks cooler.  Between the VF-22 and the 21, I like the ugly circle-eye-thing way better than that stupid Geordie LaForge visor.  My favourite head has got to be the VF-1S...but wait, we're talking about the ugliest head right?  Then hands down, Basara's head...I mean his Valk's head is the ugliest thing in the entire Macross franchise.

Faces should stay off of Valks.  Funny, I can accept transformers with mouths, but not Valks.

I realize Graham explained the whole face thing, as did several other members, but why do civilians need Valkries?  That's like me buying an F-14 and flying it around for fun, or maybe an M1 Abrams tank with a happy face painted on in and driving it to work.  What business do I have in either of those machines?  Unless of course I was filthy rich, I could then do pretty much whatever I wanted with my money....Michael Jackson does do freaky things with his money.

Makes me wonder if he even watched the series at all...

Yes, he did, however, he spent a lot of time with his head in the toilet puking his guts out over what a crappy show it was, thus missing some very important scenes. So perhaps your right, some people probably wonder if he watched the show at all.

Edited by peter

"spent a lot of time with his head in the toilet puking his guts out over what a crappy show it was"

Welcome to the club man....

Thank you....for a while there I was starting to think I was the only one. Until that series, I really thought that I would love anything Maross.

"spent a lot of time with his head in the toilet puking his guts out over what a crappy show it was"

Thank you....for a while there I was starting to think I was the only one. Until that series, I really thought that I would love anything Maross.

My opinion of Macross 7 is that it has a great story with lots of potential... on paper it was fine, but the way it is presented (ie. the show) is just a fruit cake circus, full of chesse, stupid designs, sissy characters, shamefull enemies and a really anoying lack of respect to what macross was... just MHO.

now back to the tread

My opinion of Macross 7 is that it has a great story with lots of potential... on paper it was fine, but the way it is presented (ie. the show) is just a fruit cake circus, full of chesse, stupid designs, sissy characters, shamefull enemies and a really anoying lack of respect to what macross was... just MHO.

now back to the tread

HAHAHA!!! Preech on my man. I am lovin the fact that there are some members with balls around here. Most who hate M7 are tired of discussing it so they don't say anything, but just think of the horror if some n00b showed up and read up on a pro-m7 thread... He would see it and then think ALL Macross fans were lame-ass sissie girlie-men. OUR mission is of the utmost importance.

now back to the tread

HAHAHA!!! Preech on my man. I am lovin the fact that there are some members with balls around here. Most who hate M7 are tired of discussing it so they don't say anything, but just think of the horror if some n00b showed up and read up on a pro-m7 thread... He would see it and then think ALL Macross fans were lame-ass sissie girlie-men. OUR mission is of the utmost importance.

Uh-Oh, it's starting all over again...

now back to the tread

Uh-Oh, it's starting all over again...

CRITICAL MASS ACHIEVED!

I always thought Exedor's pulsing brain/head thing was pretty nasty as far as heads went. Wonder what the other Zentraedi thought when they looked at it.

they went : "de-kalchaa"

hahaha... they say that too much...

and btw, its "de culture", unless ur thinking of "dekarucha". either way theres no "de kalchaa".

the japanese language doesnt have the letter "L". :p

while not excactly canon, I'm suprised no one has mentioned the VF-1R

The VF-1R? The animation error Robotech VF-1R or the MacII VF-1R?

I dont exactly remember it, but doesnt the VF-1R from MacII just look like the VF-1s/a/j or am I thinking of something else? How is that ugly? You dont like the VF-1s/a/j heads?

Edited by AlphaHX

Um... hate to burst your bubble there, friend, but there is no Macross II VF-1R. The only fighters in Macross II are the VF-2SS, VF-2JA, VF-1MS and VF-1XX. The supposed VF-1R that you're thinking of is one of two things. It's the Harmony Gold interpretation of the Macross animation error, which has three head lasers on a VF-1A head, or it's the Palladium lineart of the VF-1 chassis with permanently attached FAST packs.

So you're either thinking of this (the art error from SDF Macross)

http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=57

Or this... the palladium books concoction.

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mecha/...f-1r/vf_1r.html

The page says it's from "Entertainment Bible 51: Macross II" but no such fighter ever appeared in Macross II: Lovers Again. The only fighters appearing in that series were the VF-2SS Valkyrie II, the VF-2JA Icarus, the VF-XX Zentran Valkyrie and the VF-1MS Metal Siren. (The fighter is also absent from the Macross Compendium)

The supposed VF-1R that you're thinking of is one of two things. It's the Harmony Gold interpretation of the Macross animation error, which has three head lasers on a VF-1A head...

Wait a second...

This means that HG is making toys of an animation error in SDF Macross...

:lol: LOL :lol:

They just don't know how else to make money...

Oh like that hasn't been obvious over the last ten or so years, with the Master-Piece-Of-Crap models, the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-mastering of their DVDs, and the overall quality of their work. They'll do anything for a quick buck.

The ugliest head definately has to be the Masterpiece VF-1R "Jack Archer" model made by Harmony Gold. It's beyond ugly, it just looks like someone's been drawing VF-1A's without their glasses.

Um... hate to burst your bubble there, friend, but there is no Macross II VF-1R. The only fighters in Macross II are the VF-2SS, VF-2JA, VF-1MS and VF-1XX. The supposed VF-1R that you're thinking of is one of two things. It's the Harmony Gold interpretation of the Macross animation error, which has three head lasers on a VF-1A head, or it's the Palladium lineart of the VF-1 chassis with permanently attached FAST packs.

So you're either thinking of this (the art error from SDF Macross)

http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=57

Or this... the palladium books concoction.

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mecha/...f-1r/vf_1r.html

The page says it's from "Entertainment Bible 51: Macross II" but no such fighter ever appeared in Macross II: Lovers Again. The only fighters appearing in that series were the VF-2SS Valkyrie II, the VF-2JA Icarus, the VF-XX Zentran Valkyrie and the VF-1MS Metal Siren. (The fighter is also absent from the Macross Compendium)

oh no. :o my bubble has been bursted. <_<

good job. have a cookie.

dont need to make a big deal out of it. :rolleyes: