Ugliest Macross Mech Head?

AlphaHX

It the YF-21 for me. I can speak for Graham I think. He doesn't like the VF-1D head.

And come to think about it, the SuperOstrich and Elintseeker look fugly as well.

Anyone remember the custom VF-1 in the MW Magazine section? The platypus variant I think?

I'm all for the fin thing, but still, I'm not keen on any of the heads of the Soundforce Valkyries.

Of course, my leanings are towards the more utilitarian designs. The VF-21/2, the VF-1A (DYRL? version), the VF-11 are some of my favourite head designs.

The VF-9 looks like the space pope.

Lol I agree. I happen to like the Super Ostrich head. Its seem so bad ass with that small radar head lol. :lol: But maybe its just me. I would say the worst has to be the VA-3 Invader.

Totally agree with the Invader, that's a really boring looking head, the rest is nice, but without any fast packs. However is not even close to the crappines of the clown force. :blink:

the Invader I think is the only man in head design of all the Valks.

I REALLY liked the YF-21 head. I think it really went along well with its design, utilizing different sensors because of its control systems. I think the 22's head was a definate downgrade. And the VT-1 was interesting as well.

I think the VF-9 and 14 could have better heads, they would be my choice for the worst. the VF-9's head was the only thing I didn't like about the design. The Soundforce ones I didn't mind because they made sense given their intent.

I agree with whoever picked the "space pope" heads. Not only the VF-9 and VF-14, but the Fz-109a (based on the VF-14) as well. The Az-130 also suffers from the "space pope" syndrome albeit to a lesser degree. (The FBz-99 has it to an even smaller degree.)

General Galaxy was thus directly or indirectly responsible for the ugliest mech heads in the universe before they turned things around with the VF-17 and YF-21/VF-22.

I'm with RADD, i like the utilitarian look of the vf-1a the most, i also like the vf-1d look too, though i think its a bit uglyer than the 1a

they might fit in the story somehow in m7 but just from the design of the mech, i dont' like the faces on the valks.

I don't know what your problems are with the Sound Force Valkyries, but my vote goes for a tie between the VF-0S (something just looks wrong about it) and the TV VF-1A head (though it was fully redeemed with the movie VF-1A head which is one of my favorites).

Mylene's VF-11XL Custom (note even the compendium lists the XL variant sepearately now from the Mylene custom of that particular variant). That head is by far the worst. After that, the other sound force valks's heads.

I don't know what your problems are with the Sound Force Valkyries, but my vote goes for a tie between the VF-0S (something just looks wrong about it) and the TV VF-1A head (though it was fully redeemed with the movie VF-1A head which is one of my favorites).

I agree with you on the VF-1A heads. I hate the tv version, but the little differences they made to the movie version make the 1A head one of my favourites.

My problem with the Soundforce heads is pretty obvious, it's simply my preference for the more utilitarian head designs. I actually like the VF-1S head the least of the VF-1 head designs (besides the tv version of the VF-1A head).

I do like the VF-9 though. Anyone else see some sililarities in the design to the SV-51?

This thread has been officially endorsed by the Space Pope.

post-2-1100467248_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I agree with you on the VF-1A heads. I hate the tv version, but the little differences they made to the movie version make the 1A head one of my favourites.

My problem with the Soundforce heads is pretty obvious, it's simply my preference for the more utilitarian head designs. I actually like the VF-1S head the least of the VF-1 head designs (besides the tv version of the VF-1A head).

Hey, it's nice to see a break from all those utilitarian head designs with Sound Force.

My vote goes for the VF-1A as the ugliest.

Can anyone post pics to show the difference between the TV and DYRL VF-1A heads?

differences arent that drastic imo. <_<

The DYRL head is longer, it has a larger lens shroud around the optics too, also the head laser is more commonly at rest in the forward position as opposed to the TV version's "happier" rearward style.

They're essentially the same, but I like the cosmetic improvements.

VF-17S "Braniac" gets my vote!

Man Alpha could you find a worse pic of the Movie VF-1A head? Check the lineart, or the pic of the cannon fodder that gets nailed outside the observation bubble in the final battle.

Hahah! :lol: How nit picky can you people get? Are you talking about the pitch black kakizaki lookalike in the end? How is that any better? Heres more. Still NOT that big of a difference. <_<

They're essentially the same, but I like the cosmetic improvements.

I highly agree.

Still, I dont see how u can go from HATING the TV VF-1A and LOVING the DYRL VF-1A. :rolleyes:

So there you go Knight, more screen shots and the lineart! Just for you! I'm soooo sorry for the picking a bad screen shot. The differences are insane! For a second there, I thought it was a whole new head! :rolleyes:

Someone asked for a comparison and I gave it to them. One from the TV and one from DYRL. Until youre the one taking ur time to take screenshots, stop being so picky. I dont appreciate your remark at all. A simple, "that shot doesnt do justice to the changes, could you please take another one" would do. :angry:

Edited by AlphaHX