Best looking mecha/robot head

Like the title says, what mecha or robot from any anime/cartoon/movie do you think has the best looking head?

My pick is the head for the VF-1S Valkyrie. The design is just beautiful! From the double head lasers on each side to the awesome visor and chin pattern on the neck, the VF-1S head design just shows what a gifted artist and engineer Shoji Kawamori was as far back as the early 80's! It's too bad there hasn't been a toy that captures the detail behind the visor seen in the lineart in Macross books. I've always wondered why Takatoku and Bandai couldn't seem to get the head design right on the 1/55 toys. It seems that Yamato finally got it with the 1/48 VF-1S, but they couldn't with the 1/60.

I lean more toward robots/mechs that have visors instead of eyes. Mouths and noses are ok, but not when they are distorted or made to express grins like Transformers' heads tend to be. Take a look at alot of the Beast Wars figures and you'll see what I mean.

MEGAS XLR!! :lol:

seriously tho, its hard to tihnk of a robot as just the head without considering the body too, i really cant decide 1 favorite because different designs have different elements i like but off the top of my head my favorites would include all the EVA's, the rahxephon, zinv, that nasty looking labor from the first patlabor movie, the kampfer, overall i like the mecha faces that have that threatening intimidation factor

Patrishike Mirage (sp?) from Five Star Stories. A variant of the Knight of Gold, the head differs by being a spikey headdress similar to a native american chiefs feather headdress. Plus it has a second face sculpted in the nape of its neck.

For simplicity, I really like the AV-98 Ingram 3's head from Patlabor. Its kinda like a VF-1A's head, but more rounded and with a chin.

What about optimus prime?

YES! To lock it down to a some specific toys, I always thought that the standard mode head for Powermaster Prime/God Ginrai is one of the best Prime face sculpts. Too bad there's no back to the head. Robotmasters G1 Convoy head is a close second, and I still think that Armada Supercon Prime's (Bendy Prime) head is pretty kick ass.

The VF-1J ranks right up there, too.

I'm kind of partial to Giant Robo, especially as he appears in The Animation. The nuts'n'bolts look and the Egyptian headdress just rock.

I also like the gothic armor/great helm look of the Escaflowne melefs and guymelefs; Sheherezad in particular.

Edited by JELEINEN

Strangely enough, I'm rather partial to the DYRL? VF-1A head design. Elegant in it's simplicity.

Agreed. I don't know if it's my favorite, but after years of thinking 1A's had the least interesting heads, I changed my mind when I got a 1/48 Hikaru. I love the utilitarian, inhuman appearance.

Strangely enough, I'm rather partial to the DYRL? VF-1A head design. Elegant in it's simplicity.

Agreed. I don't know if it's my favorite, but after years of thinking 1A's had the least interesting heads, I changed my mind when I got a 1/48 Hikaru. I love the utilitarian, inhuman appearance.

good to know I am not the only 1A fan around.