This guy got ripped off

honestly,

i think the buyer was optomistically naive about what he was buying, everyone who is anyone in the macross collecting business knows that the 1/48 1S has never gone for that little amount of money.

also who would ever pay 100 plus dollars for a fast pack set?

however,

the seller does use tricky language!!!! :angry: he really insinuates alot and if one was a newbie , i can certainly see how one would get confused.

alan.

i acctually bid on this, wow the guy who won must not have known , either that or the strike pack has gone up in value. i hope he realized what he bought

chris

He probably thought the Valk came with the armour.

Link

yeah he did....thats just too bad ain't it.

now f-in bastard sellers like tisinc is going to jack up the price to $100. <_<

he does use some tricky wording by calling it a "toy",

how it "Takes two hands to hold this guy", "to allow you to see the toy and all its massive assesories", "The toy itself, and all its assesories are MINTY MINT of all that is MINT", but then answers the question of whether this auction is for the strike parts or for both....while the tricky wording is there, he did answer the question he was aked and the answer was right there in plain english

Edited by haterist

now f-in bastard sellers like tisinc is going to jack up the price to $100.

Let's hope not, but in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised to see tisinc do something like that. He's still got a 2nd edition 1/48 Focker listed at $250, even though the 3rd edition pre-orders from other sellers are half that price.

What's really gotta chap the buyer's ass is that tisinc currently has one of the Strike/Super Parts listed at his usual $65 price. He could've bought that and saved some money. Or better yet, he could've gotten one from Kevin at the Valkyrie-Exchange. Hell, I paid only a little bit more for two from Kevin than the buyer paid for this one! I guess there really is one born every minute!

looks like he relisted it, i wonder if the buyer backed out when he found out there is no valk, or if he had another one.

strike pack

chris

he probably had one of his buddies shill bid on it or something? theres no reason for a relisting...at worst, he could've gone to the 2nd highest bidder but chose not to? hmmmmmmm.....

Maybe the guy just realized he screwed up. He may have had one of his buddies bid on it as to not piss anyone off. It looks like he made a template to use for all of his auctions and that's just the way the wording came out.

Doesn't this guy have a bunch of stuff listed in the for sale forum?

Doesn't this guy have a bunch of stuff listed in the for sale forum?

Yeah, but he was just letting us know about his auctions. He's not actually selling anything on the boards, just advertising.

I think I know what happened. He listed all his Macross items for sale, but all the stuff that is involved with the 1/48 he just changes the wordigm but generally keeps the whole description the same. He is either not being thorough or just careless.

it says in the auction what your are bidding on:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON...

YES, BOX IS INCLUDED!  The rare and elusive 1/48 Scale Super and Fast pack battle armor!  Very limited and very rare and hard to obtain. 

This is just another case of people not reading an auction description. Granted he should have kept his item description simple and left out that stock pic of the VF-1S but still.... If you guys think that auction listing is confusing I'd hate to see when you are buying/closing a house or buying a car.

this bothers me i am afraid from now on the prices for the strike packs ar going to get jacked by shoddy sellers, and we are going to have to start paying more.