Robo Man Hakaider?

Hikuro

So a few weeks ago, I as at FRY's, and I caught my eye on Zeriam 2, so I thought "Hell, I liked Iria, and I didn't mind the Live Action movie...so why not?" So for 15 bucks I went and got Zeriam 2.

I went into the trailer section and there was something called "Hakaider" Now, I thought to myself, "A Kikaider Live action movie? But there was already a series..." Wasn't that back in the 70's?

So I clicked on it and noticed how awkward it was....it seemed like it was the way out future with almost a sparkle of Highlander 2 style to it....and Hakaider a bad guy, crushing robot heads and shootin people up with a high powered 12 guage.....hmmmm?

So I was curious to know if anyone has seen this, I mean, wasn't Hakaider a bad guy? This couldn't have anything to do with the Kikaider timeline from way back could it? I mean this is really really confusing.....I wanna see it cause I like dark movies with alot of meaningless battles :p it's either that or the Japanese rendition of Resident Evil, Bio-Hazard.

I got the movie you were talking about in VHS :( (I want it on DVD).

It wasn't bad at all, yes, even in the show description printed at the back said he was a bad guy and was imprisoned till he was released.

In the back of the cover is an image of a Kikaider "Clone"... or double.

The movie like I stated "wasn't bad", and if you enjoyed the live action Zeiram you will also enjoy this.

I was trying to go movie hunting for it, its the same director from the Zeriam 2 movie....I mean it looks interesting enough that I can probably go "That wasn't all that bad" unlike other movies from Japan....or even chinese movies lol.

Perferably I'd like to watch it subbed 0_o but the dub from what I can tell didn't sound to bad either in the trailer unless its redone.

But I would diffenetly lik eto see that movie :p

The movie has its great moments. Some scenes & action shots are really cool, oozing out S.I.C. goodness you find in the toys, but there is also a number of cheesy moments & bad acting there in the mix. Its one of those movie with great vision, awesome character/costume designs, but suffers in acting/script & budget. The 3D effects was pretty bad compare to today's standard, as the movie was a bit old. From early or mid 90s I think.

I just red some guys review, he really really bags the movie, his only reason of buying it was "Cool letterings and guy in black suit looking evil". Than he just slams the movie for everything its worth.... :unsure: so basically he has no real opinion for sure since he's never heard of Hakaider from the Kikaider series way back.

Granted, I'm sure alot of us would probably watch this first than go "BLAH!" till we hear "Wait its part of another show?"

Personally, I can't really stand Kikaider the Animation, I only had 1 volume and was getting po'ed cause I couldn't find the rest of the series and I was gonna make a really kick ass music video :p

However, some things bug me, shouldn't Hakaider be dead? I know in the first season fo the series, he was the professor sorta....well.....the brain.....than the brain was destroyed and replaced by the big bad guy professor.......and than the bad guy is killed.....so....yeah that was the animation series.....but what about the original Sentai like series way back?

However, some things bug me, shouldn't Hakaider be dead? I know in the first season fo the series, he was the professor sorta....well.....the brain.....than the brain was destroyed and replaced by the big bad guy professor.......and than the bad guy is killed.....so....yeah that was the animation series.....but what about the original Sentai like series way back?

This isnt really a sequel per se. Its more of an "alternate reality" version. Something very commonly done for movies based on anime/TV shows in Japan.

In the original TV series Hakkaida is killed by Skeleton Squirrel and his body occupied by Professor Gill`s brain in the sequel series Kikkaida 01. So it is possible that someone else recovers the Hakkaida body and transplants another brain to it, but this is not official cannon.

I thought about that too....that maybe somehow Gill survived his final battle and is locked away and than the rebels release him....and like he's off to stop those who could distrub his plans or something....than I thought "Maybe the government tried to make another Hakaider and he got some special soldier or criminals brain and valah!"

I'm gonna try and get the movie here somehow...anyone wanna gimme a copy? :p GIMME!