Dancing Skulls Special Forces Squadron

Mechamaniac

Looking through the compendium, and I noticed that Max and Millia were leaders of the Dancing Skulls Special Forces Squadron after SW1.

http://macross.anime.net/characters/j/inde...eniusMaximilian

Does anyone know if there was a logo made for this squadron?

I am not in the practice of spending hundreds of dollars for art books so I can't check to see if there was ever a squadron logo made for this.

Any help is appreciated. I'm working on a mini custom project and would love to find this squadron logo.

Thanks!

Edited by Mechamaniac

I did find this link...

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/vf-9.html

I don't know how official it is, and I cannot make out a discernable logo.

Umm...those pics of the VF-9 were done when it was still the VF-X-11. So no, those are not the insignias of the Dancing Skulls. Image is official. Markings on it are not.

Dancing Skulls... what a lame and wussy way to finish skull squadron....shameful IMHO

Umm....Dancing Skull wasn't even part of Skull Squadron. In fact, it was a special forces unit.

I did find this link...

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/vf-9.html

I don't know how official it is, and I cannot make out a discernable logo.

THat's pretty cool. Weird location of the laser Cannon though. Where the head laser used to be is now a shoulder cannon....heh

That was a cool feature I reckon, something different.

Dancing Skulls... what a lame and wussy way to finish skull squadron....shameful IMHO... oh well... Macross M3 was done when Kawamori was still with the M7 POS fresh on his head... so no wonder :(

the only thing Skull Squadron and Dancing Skulls Squadron have in common is the fact that two of the members served time on both teams.... otherwise they have NOTHING to do with one another. <_<

Dancing Skulls... what a lame and wussy way to finish skull squadron....shameful IMHO... oh well... Macross M3 was done when Kawamori was still with the M7 POS fresh on his head... so no wonder :(

the only thing Skull Squadron and Dancing Skulls Squadron have in common is the fact that two of the members served time on both teams.... otherwise they have NOTHING to do with one another. <_<

You can't imagine how happy I am that what you say is real :) to me dancing skulls sound just as sissy as the Pink peckers.... horrible.. and really wussy :angry:

Edited by macplus

About the logo, I looked in my copy of Design Works and I noticed that the designs from M3 don't have the UN Spacy insignia. Instead, they have a roundel with three inwards-facing triangles. It's a little like the "radiation hazard" symbol, if you complete the triangles and take out the inner circle.

This insignia is visible in some of the pictures you can find online, but it's very fuzzy.

I don't know if this is a UN "special forces" insignia, or if it's specific to the Dancing Skulls.

About the logo, I looked in my copy of Design Works and I noticed that the designs from M3 don't have the UN Spacy insignia. Instead, they have a roundel with three inwards-facing triangles. It's a little like the "radiation hazard" symbol, if you complete the triangles and take out the inner circle.

This insignia is visible in some of the pictures you can find online, but it's very fuzzy.

I don't know if this is a UN "special forces" insignia, or if it's specific to the Dancing Skulls.

I don't believe those are specific to the Dancing Skull special unit. Those insignias were done when were done back in '86 for Advanced Valkyrie and probably have more to do with that then the UN insignias. Kinda like a placeholder for group insignias.

Edited by azrael

You are correct. The "Radioactive Hazard" symbol (for lack of a better title) is common throughout the Advanced Valkyrie project. If you move forward to the final variation of the VF-X-10 as the VF-9 Cutlass, You'll see that Kawamori has replaced the "radioactive hazard" symbol with the UN Spacy Kite.

After looking at all images available, I don't think that the Dancing Skulls unit ever had a "specific logo". Maybe the pride of being a Dancing Skull was recognition enough?