Other Anime or Science Fiction too big?

It seems to me that this is the forum with the most traffic, which is kinda sad considering that this is a Macross site...

I have been having to hunt for some threads I have been following and its getting a bit difficult.

Maybe it should be split into two, the Other Anime, and Science Fiction. Is this possible? It sounds like a huge task to sort all the existing threads, and alot dont quite fit into either catagory.

I'm opposed to the idea of a dedicated "other anime" forum. There are plenty of other sites that catter to pan anime discussions.

Also, keeping the site macross focused means that hopefully, people who come and particpate are macross fans and not fans of anime X who have no home, just congregating here and making their own little enclave.

It seems to me that this is the forum with the most traffic, which is kinda sad considering that this is a Macross site...

I have been having to hunt for some threads I have been following and its getting a bit difficult.

Maybe it should be split into two, the Other Anime, and Science Fiction. Is this possible? It sounds like a huge task to sort all the existing threads, and alot dont quite fit into either catagory.

Upper left-hand corner;

SEARCH.

Use it... love it.

If 'Other Anime and Science Fiction' is getting more traffic than the other parts of the forum, I would say that's only because there's not much news on the Macross front. Very few new toys coming out. Macross Zero has ended with no word of a future OVA or series.

Also...and I ma not sure if everybody knows about this. There is a button at the top of each "Topic" on the right that says "Track this Topic"

When you hit that button you can subscribe to the topic. When you do this you can go into your control panel and and see the section for "Subscriptions". Click on the topics link and all the thread you have subscribed to will be all there waiting for you to see whats what.

This way you don't even have to do a search to find the topic you were interested in.

Rob MN

Also...and I ma not sure if everybody knows about this. There is a button at the top of each "Topic" on the right that says "Track this Topic"

When you hit that button you can subscribe to the topic. When you do this you can go into your control panel and and see the section for "Subscriptions". Click on the topics link and all the thread you have subscribed to will be all there waiting for you to see whats what.

This way you don't even have to do a search to find the topic you were interested in.

Rob MN

Ah, that will do it. MUCH easier than the SEARCH function. Sorry for my nooblieness.

I think that forum is larger cause a lot of people are bored and have too much free time. It's getting big cause people keep posting off topic stuff.

I'm tempted to start threating people with short term banning for making that forum a mess. That oughta clean things up. :ph34r:

I think that forum is larger cause a lot of people are bored and have too much free time. It's getting big cause people keep posting off topic stuff.

I'm tempted to start threating people with short term banning for making that forum a mess. That oughta clean things up. :ph34r:

That is slightly excessive.

Upper left-hand corner;

SEARCH.

Use it... love it.

short and sweet :rolleyes:

I think that forum is larger cause a lot of people are bored and have too much free time.  It's getting big cause people keep posting off topic stuff.

I'm tempted to start threating people with short term banning for making that forum a mess.  That oughta clean things up. :ph34r:

That is slightly excessive.

Yes that is. Perhaps it's time to update the FAQ in the FAQ section with section guidelines. It might also be a good idea to post a copy of the rules in the more popular sections.

If anything, start deleting off-topic threads with no warning. If people ask, tell them to read the rules.

• 2 weeks later...