Star Wars Episode III Trailer

Looks good, can't wait to watch the movie.

Graham

You're gonna have to, though :)

That's the bitch about good trailers. They make you want it RIGHT NOW, DAMMIT!! :D

I was completly planning to pass on the movie wait until it came out in DVD and rent it or borrow it, now I dunno...

If the reviews and critiques are decent I might go and see it when it comes out...

Why wasn't this just posted in the OTHER LONGER thread dedicated to this? Where other links to the trailer were posted FIRST! What's the point of having a search function.......

Edited by Jemstone

Nice, I gotta hand it to Lucus, he knows how to put together a good trailer.

I have to agree. If you remember, the teasers and trailers for TPM and AOTC both looked incredible too, although the end results of the full features vary from person to person.

I'm not letting myself get hyped up. Too much of a Star Wars fan still to not go see it by its first weekend, but I'm not going to go crazy over it unless it actually delivers.

Frankly, the wild, dental hygiene challenged Sidious lightsaber scene does the same thing to me as seeing Yoda flipping around with a lightsaber. Something just feels wrong about it....

Frankly, the wild, dental hygiene challenged Sidious lightsaber scene does the same thing to me as seeing Yoda flipping around with a lightsaber. Something just feels wrong about it....

I can understand that. While Yoda and Sidious with lightsabers doesn't really bother me, I think it was cool to have Jedi/Sith that didn't use tangible weapons to fight. There was no denying the pure evil power of Palpatine in ROTJ when he unleashed his force lightning on Luke. I think most people assumed that Yoda was the Jedi equivilant of him, and would use purely the Force to fight with. Giving them lightsabers, although wickedly cool looking (at least to some), diminishes their power in a way. The lightsabers bring them down to the same level as all the other Jedi and Sith.

Again, it really doesn't bother me at all, but I can completely understand why it's a let down for a lot of people.

I enjoyed the first two prequels, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too. It's a completely different level of enjoyment from films like Amelie or Down By Law (my two favorite films), but it's enjoyment nonetheless. It's comparable to, say, eating a really tasty candy bar VS. a perfectly grilled fillet of salmon. :)

Thought I'd post this in here as well since both thread seem to be still alive and this one has less post so people are more likely to hit on this one if they haven't been following the other thread. The Episode 3 video game trailer is up. http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/

I must say I wasn't that interested before but now, I can't wait to try it out now. :)

Was does Darth Sidous has bad teeth? but when on Supreme Chancellor form, he seems to have good teeth??? :o

Maybe he has NO teeth. When he's Chancellor he put's in the clean dentures and when he's Sidious he puts in the eeeeevil dentures. :p

Was does Darth Sidous has bad teeth? but when on Supreme Chancellor form, he seems to have good teeth??? :o

I think is because no one has figured out that he is the darkest sith himself and has everyone under a spell or something of that sort or a mask that will be revealed once he gains complete power over the republic

I am one the guy whose childhood was raped by Episode 1 & 2, and I don't have expectation about Episode 3, but there is a funny coincidence going on.

"Revenge of the Sith".

After Kill Bill, The Punisher, Man On Fire, a current trend of Hollywood is involved in revenge movies. Some of them like Kill Bill may be a chance, even if Hollywood has clear ties with the Pentagon for propaganda movies, but even considering Darth Vader a negative figure (as he stand for evil) I am wondering whether he will be made fit the "born-again Christ figure" like in The Punisher and Man On Fire. The character actually allows for it, and Darth Vader was kinda a Nazi stereotype, but I hope he too won't declare a war on terror like Hitler did.

FV

hey final,

that commentary was laced with some heavy political ideology.. :rolleyes:

heh, seems like we may share a similar world view...but what good does a view of such a world do for us? <_<

too me..thru witnessing daily life in all aspects: poli,law,relig,sport,food,werk,sex,sleep,starwars,taxes,death,more poli,+yet more poli..

>>the true nature of mankind can be witnessed..yet too what end? :ph34r:

...yes, it's a big nazi hampster wheel! :D

2 cents

I am one the guy whose childhood was raped by Episode 1 & 2, and I don't have expectation about Episode 3, but there is a funny coincidence going on.

....and don't miss the US government spaceships stolen from the aliens who crashed at Roswell and our secret bases on the dark side of the moon...

Oh, and bigfoot says hi. :D:lol:

"Revenge of the Sith".

After Kill Bill, The Punisher, Man On Fire, a current trend of Hollywood is involved in revenge movies. Some of them like Kill Bill may be a chance, even if Hollywood has clear ties with the Pentagon for propaganda movies, but even considering Darth Vader a negative figure (as he stand for evil) I am wondering whether he will be made fit the "born-again Christ figure" like in The Punisher and Man On Fire. The character actually allows for it, and Darth Vader was kinda a Nazi stereotype, but I hope he too won't declare a war on terror like Hitler did.

FV

How is Vader a Nazie stereo type? Physically, he was the furthest thing from an aryan. He didn't have any sense of loyalty to his home Tatoine (Like Hitler did for the"Fatherland"). In fact, he had his own stormtroopers lay seige to many parts of it. He didn't care if everyone looked like him or not. He was just pissed off because he beleived the bureacracy of the Jedi council led to his mommy's death.

Sure, he wiped out the Jedi, but I don't think it was on the basis of racism. I'm guessing it was because "the way of the Jedi" frowns upon revenge. Nazis were villans to be sure, but not every villan is a Nazi.

Yoda and Sideous are the respective masters for opposing sides of the force, it makes perfect sense that they would have lightsabers.

No no no no no no no no!!! When Yoda said that "Wars not make one great." he clearly meant that he never used a lightsaber! Just one more example of how Lucas is pissing all over the OT.*

* real, paraphrased posting from some internet dweeb on a message board far, far away.

Yoda and Sideous are the respective masters for opposing sides of the force, it makes perfect sense that they would have lightsabers.

No no no no no no no no!!! When Yoda said that "Wars not make one great." he clearly meant that he never used a lightsaber! Just one more example of how Lucas is pissing all over the OT.*

* real, paraphrased posting from some internet dweeb on a message board far, far away.

im not sure of how clear yoda's statement was;..in reference to himself not engaging in war..

afterall ..he is head of the jedi(lightsaber wielding cops).

: and he himself never claimed too be great..others did it for him! :D

Yoda did say in Empire Strikes back that Wars do not make one great.

However, he did not say that war was never worth fighting or that war was never necessary.

Starwars IV-VI are all about the rebels fighting in a war against the evil empire. I think Yoda would support the rebels. After all, he trained Luke for a reason.