The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

Love the Konig, got mine standing tall in battroid mode in the center of the shelf atop my computer desk. I can't wait to hear of someone working on some decent stickers for it, some additional squadron logos (especially some underrepresented bomber squadrons as opposed to fighter squadrons) would be great if Yamato does release some VF-X2 colour variants.

I usually don't post in the toy forums, but this is just too sweet. I went and picked mine up from the local TRU Japan (I'm lucky to be stationed here) and just unpacked it and did the initial xform to gerwalk. I can't believe how many joints this thing has! Yamato out did themselves on this one. I can't even imagine what the IHP version was like. The exchange rate right now kinda blows, but I got mine for 120 ish. It was definately money well spent.

Ok, I have some quirks to figure out with the xform sequence, so I'm out. I just hadta share the joy!

:D

BTW, my supplier (Singapore) told me that Yamato WILL re-issue the VB-6 in another 4-6 months with hopefully QC issues fixed, as present stocks are moving fast. :D

The thread is here:

http://www.sgcollect.com/forums/index.php?...pic=30124&st=45

More hope for all those who want a decent Monster...

any ideas what the fixes are? I don't really see anything wrong with the one I got...

Radd,

Damn I AM glad I'm over here. I could barely sweet talk my lady outta the 120 bucks. The other cool thing is they have Macross on clearance from time to time, so you get even better deals. I can't remember the price, but the Max and Milia 1/72s were on special a while back and it seemed like a steal at the time I just didn't have the desire to get them. Oh well, I don't see the Konig getting marked down any time soon.

4-6 months and then another Version? Geez, I forked almost $200 for the first one. Well, we can all just wait and see what they really fix, like the wing clips, maybe add wheels, and fix that pesky cockpit that seems to disappear under the nose. We'll see how the money works out I take it. :angry:

I'm kinda pissed that they couldn't fix these problems the first time and be alright with it. What's wrong with them (Yamato)?

ahhh whatevs! we all sat here and bitched about how the konig release date kept getting pushed back, then when yamato finally comes through, now we're gonna start bitchin that they released it too soon. :rolleyes: it seems to me, no matter what yamato does, they just can't catch a break. :lol:

BTW, WTF is up with that! forcing me to buy an inferior toy so they can force me again into buying another one with the all fixes....friggin yamato! :angry::rolleyes::lol:

BTW, my supplier (Singapore) told me that Yamato WILL re-issue the VB-6 in another 4-6 months with hopefully QC issues fixed, as present stocks are moving fast. :D

The thread is here:

Good news indeed! Let's just hope Yamato doesn't incorporate a retarded color scheme on the 2nd release. *coughYF21purplenesscough*

BTW, my supplier (Singapore) told me that Yamato WILL re-issue the VB-6 in another 4-6 months with hopefully QC issues fixed, as present stocks are moving fast.  :D

The thread is here:

Good news indeed! Let's just hope Yamato doesn't incorporate a retarded color scheme on the 2nd release. *coughYF21purplenesscough*

A camo grey would be nice though.

Last night one of the infamous connector pegs at the back broke off on mine, with the other one soon to go. It's one of those "Peg breaks off while stuck lodged inside the hole" nightmare scenarios. Anyone know how to fix this? It used to happen on my transformers of yesteryear...

This is the main problem with the toy, those things are under so much stress, even straight out of the box.

In one way, I hope this re-issue fix thing is true, but in another, it gets on my nerves that I'm expected to buy two of the same thing.

Oh, well, a recolour would be nice, like the darker one with the red inner shoulders as posted before.

On the whole, a great but flawed toy. Heh, that should be Yamato's motto. A "Yamotto", of sorts. ;)

I got my VB-6 last week. It's hugh! I'm a bit disappointed at the though. The Gerwalk (Monster) mode doesn't look as good as in the photo. I think the problem is the cannon barrel is too short and the arms are too small compare to the original monster Mk-II. I have some problem to get the leg to the right balance in battoid mode. So I end up displaying it in shuttle mode, which is the least interesting mode IMO.

hevangel2, while I agree that the barrels would look nicer longer (something that has been a problem even in the Konig Lineart, but what can ya do?) are you adjusting the arms in gerwalk mode? I think the arms look fine, it may be a matter of opinion, or maybe you're not sliding them forward for Gerwalk mode?

As for standing in battroid, are you positioning the two "rear foot" pieces so that they're facing backwards? If you don't then it won't stand correctly. Mine stands just fine in battroid.

We need Rohby to make us some telescopic cannons. That way they dont have to be removed, only collaspsed for transformation.

BTW, the Konig in Battroid mode bringing down it's guns to bear? Fully sick mate. B))

I haven't got mine yet, but for the barrels, how hard would they be to mod to make them longer? Can you remove the barrels from the housing? or is it all one molded piece?

We need Rohby to make us some telescopic cannons. That way they dont have to be removed, only collaspsed for transformation.

BTW, the Konig in Battroid mode bringing down it's guns to bear? Fully sick mate. B))

Make custom telescopic cannons?

Why recast them if you can just paint some styrene tubes and slide them over the existing cannons... :lol:

I think it looks fine, if they were longer, people would be complaining about how unrealistic they would be because it screws up the perfect transformation.

Telescoping barrels would be a pain in the ass to make, and I think they'd end up looking pretty crappy too. But it'd be easy to make barrel extensions, that just get plugged in when in gerwalk and battroid modes!

I had never considered the possibility... probably because they never looked too short to me. But it's definitely a possibility.

The barrels are exactly as long as they are supposed to be, so I say they're fine.

Got my monster. It had little scratches on the baydoors/hands, a peg popped off from the back of the cannons but fixable. The nose cone is floppy in battroid and gerwalk mode so I fixed it with some blue tack. Stress marks in the reported areas....being very careful with the areas and abit paranoid with transforming the thing anymore. But overall..very cool toy. Thinking of putting the UN SPACY stickers on the cannons like on the original Monster.

Toyshop offered for a replacement but I chose not to since the problems were not really noticeable. Don't wanna get something worse off than what i already have. ;)

I should have my pair of these bad boy in on Valentine's day.

Seriously, I wish I had a partner that was as romantic as yours. :lol:

My girl paid some money down on them so I dare say you are correct.

;)

Wow. I wish I can find a girl that would do that for me. :(

;)

My gf paid for a good majority of my Macross kits actually... resins and all. Nothing says "I love you" better than a few hundred dollars worth of Macross resin model kits. ;):lol::p

;)

My gf paid for a good majority of my Macross kits actually... resins and all. Nothing says "I love you" better than a few hundred dollars worth of Macross resin model kits. ;):lol::p

Agreed.

I didn't put on either Yammie eyes, so uhnnhh!

I DID use some of the extra stickers from Takatoys 1/48 Sticker sheet to doll mine up... it looks real nice. Take a look at it from a distance in teh toy display thread, and i can post up some detailed shots here if anyone wants.