The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

yup. cancelling my order. Thanks Graham.

I hope the boys at yamato still read this forum.

:rolleyes:

I always try to expect better from MW, but always get disappointed.

Vostok 7

Expect better? Why should anyone be considered foolish for not wanting to give Yamato money when there's a huge mistake on their product? I was fine with the little things on the 1/48, things that didn't have an effect on transformation or the overall stability of the toy. This wing clip mistake is just too big for me to overlook. It's an asinine error that should have been caught before these things left the factory, it seems to keep the wings from fitting tightly and when they are pulled back for a better fit there are ugly gaps.

I want this thing as much as anyone, but not until that mistake is corrected. I just hope there aren't even bigger flaws discovered as time goes by...

Edited by eriku

Vostok 7

Expect better? Why should anyone be considered foolish for not wanting to give Yamato money when there's a huge mistake on their product? I was fine with the little things on the 1/48, things that didn't have an effect on transformation or the overall stability of the toy. This wing clip mistake is just too big for me to overlook. It's an asinine error that should have been caught before these things left the factory, it seems to keep the wings from fitting tightly and when they are pulled back for a better fit there are ugly gaps.

I want this thing as much as anyone, but not until that mistake is corrected. I just hope there aren't even bigger flaws discovered as time goes by...

Wow dude , you sound as if they had killed your mother :blink::huh: !

seriously , aren´t we kinda exaggerating a little bit here ? how can you say it´s a HUGE problem ? or that it´s an impediment or an obstacle for transformation ? Have you ever played with/transformed a Koenig before in your life ?

As far as I know no one noticed those so called ¨ugly gaps¨ until the tab-thigy was brought up , so how can it be that horrible or notorious if it hadn´t been brought up before.

I wholeheartedly agree that we just shouldn´t pay Yamato for their crappy products , that our money is our best sign of power over them and all that , that we shouldn´t accept anymore significant flaws from them BUT isn´t it an exaggeration to actually bitch about this crappy tab-thingy when you can still transform , display and play with the damn toy without problems ?

I bet the difference that this tab-thingy would make if properly molded wouldn´t bigger than 2 or 3 mm.

I support and respect your stance though , I myself feel the same way about Yamato in some regards but it´s just sad to hear you actually prefer to cancel your order just by reading a little notice in an internet forum and before even getting the toy yourself.

:(

so to sum it up , I just hope you can get yours in time before they dissapear from the market alla Low vis and realise they won´t be getting re-released. Hopefully I´ll have to eat my own words and Yamato does a quick revision of this flaws , if its a more-than-one production run. But knowing them.. :(

Edited by Aegis!

Yes, it's confirmed that the VB-6 comes with a sticker sheet (didn't read my review did ya?  :p ).

The kite symbols are the same size as the 1/48 stickers. The VB-6 comes with 2 sizes of 'U.N SPACY' stickers. One size is the same as the 1/48, the other slightly smaller.

For some reason the VB-6 sticker sheet even includes two skull squadron symbols (same size as the 1/48 chest skull).

There are a lot of other stickers on the VB-6 sticker sheet that are just copied dierectly from the 1/48.

Graham

So, the extra emblems and UN SPACY on my 1/48 sheet will do it :rolleyes:

I can not make a custom sheet only to include the monster eyes but I will wait for the 1/48 GPB armor stickers to add the monster eyes as a bonus.

I am still not sure about buying this toy. I bought the Q.rau and I was dissapointed, mostly for the lack of die-cast and the excessive price. This Monster is the same story.

I prefer toys with diecast parts or else I consider them expensive pre-built model kits :D

We could replace the "L" tabs with Magnets...

;)

As lame a mistake as backwards "leg/wing" anchors are, I can cut file and

replace those things with some aluminum connectors in less time than it

will take to read all the bitching this thread has gotten in the last day.

Well maybe about an hour longer.

What concerns me in all this that some here are bitching about a toy they

haven't even handled, more or less actually own. It'll be okay folks,

seriously.

We could replace the "L" tabs with Magnets...

;)

Yay! MPC Monster!! :lol:

Thanks for the review, Graham. I'm currently in the countryside, so I'll get my Koenig as soon as I get back to civilization in the New Year.

This part scares me a bit, though:

(From Graham's Review)

The only potential weaknes I've spotted so far are a pair of small cylindrical plastic locking pegs located in the lower middle torso area in Gerwalk mode, which are already showing some stress whitening after only 3 transformations.

How much will this affect transformation?

I must say, the worst offenders as far as Yamato QC have been the YF-21's shoulder sliders and the VF-11B's hips. The 11 was an easy fix, though, so it's really just the 21 which I'll never forgive Yamato for. Mine is still lying in a box, completely "armless, mate".

As long as nothing that bad comes up, I'll just be happy I finally have a Koenig.

One more thing, though -- Graham, you say the legs can't bend backwards, but we saw a pic posted last week or so of one showing the knee-bending articulation (which caused some people to cave in and decide to get the toy after much hesitation). Which is correct?

Vostok 7

Wow dude , you sound as if they had killed your mother :blink::huh: !

seriously , aren´t we kinda exaggerating a little bit here ? how can you say it´s a HUGE problem ? or that it´s an impediment or an obstacle for transformation ? Have you ever played with/transformed a Koenig before in your life ?

As far as I know no one noticed those so called ¨ugly gaps¨ until the tab-thigy was brought up , so how can it be that horrible or notorious if it hadn´t been brought up before.

I wholeheartedly agree that we just shouldn´t pay Yamato for their crappy products , that our money is our best sign of power over them and all that , that we shouldn´t accept anymore significant flaws from them BUT isn´t it an exaggeration to actually bitch about this crappy tab-thingy when you can still transform , display and play with the damn toy without problems ?

I bet the difference that this tab-thingy would make if properly molded wouldn´t bigger than 2 or 3 mm.

I support and respect your stance though , I myself feel the same way about Yamato in some regards but it´s just sad to hear you actually prefer to cancel your order just by reading a little notice in an internet forum and before even getting the toy yourself.

:(

so to sum it up , I just hope you can get yours in time before they dissapear from the market alla Low vis and realise they won´t be getting re-released. Hopefully I´ll have to eat my own words and Yamato does a quick revision of this flaws , if its a more-than-one production run. But knowing them.. :(

Well, considering the thing would cost 150 dollars after shipping and tax.. and considering I would have to ship the thing back, and considering I don't know and don't want to find out what the return policy is, I think waiting to hear more reviews, or waiting for a revision is not that far fetched.

Seriously, it is my money we're talking about here... given that yes... transformation is comprimised (notice the wings don't latch into place properly) and given graham's concerns with the longevity of other latching systems, I don't want to just hand yamato a check...

If anyone bothers to look up my past posts, you'll see I've been a pretty big supporter of yamato. I didn't jump on the floppy hips bandwagon, or the breaking back pack band wagon, or even on the yamato ripped us off by not including swapable heads on the 1/48 bandwagon. The only complaint I've ever had about yamato and their products is that their stickers suck.

So hey, when the rest of you get your VB-6, and you guys find out a way to fix the latch and you guys report that the arm latch isn't going to stress and break, then hey, I'll be happy to surf on over to twin moons and place an order.

I've learned (the hard way in some cases) that the easiest way to fix a peg

problem is to file the hole a bit larger thereby removing some stress.

No obviosly some pegs have to be tight in some cases, but any that have more

pressure from the back than accross the shearing plane can be opened up a bit

to allow more play. If nothing else those with the skill can replace the pegs with

cut metal or plastic rod and reinforce the receivers with some brass tube.

A lot of work... Sort of. Rebuilding faulty parts is more a matter of moxey and

skill than time and effort. But I concede I wish they had spent more time on

QC. But then this seems to be the weak link in Yamato's corporate chain.

Edited by Doctor Paragon

Based on what I've read so, I don't know if I can justify spending anywhere near MSRP for this (same for the Max Q-Rau). Yamato's QC standards are already flaky at best, and the Monster's minor engineering flaws only make it less inviting.

Yeah, I'm a valkaholic and it looks cool, but I know I'd transform it once and then leave it displayed in Battroid mode forever. Of course, this means I'd have to get a pair of plexiglas heel blocks so it would stand up straight like in Yamato's early stock photos. You can't kill the enemy staring at the ground! Leaning is a sign of weakness, soldier! Sound off like you got a pair! What the f*** is your major malfunction, numbnuts!? Oh... sorry about that Gunney flashback-induced rant.

Anyway, hopefully more people receive their Monsters soon. Maybe we'll all find out that the one Graham's got is the exception, not the rule.

As I was saying a while ago in the roy reissue thread:

"looks like harmony gold's plan to sabotage yamato is working brilliantly.."

Maybe there are toynami people working there. :D Maybe the joke about parts being assembled backwards wasn't so funny after all? :blink::p

Joking of course. I'm going to wait for more impressions/reviews/complaints/nitpicks about it before doing anything.

The knees not bending comment in the review is strange. Was that picture some kind of custom (of a toy that hadn't been released yet??) or something?

I want this thing badly so I;m just happy these are finally here. I've already made up my mind on whether to get one, but I still will wait for more info about it.

How about joint stiffness? The good thing about the 1/48s is how light they were meaning you needn't worry about them crashing so hard to the ground if they fell. (I had an accident with my yf21fp a while ago, cracking the head laser) No major things like floppy legs or anything which some had problems with on the 1/60s and yf21?

If this thing can balance a little better by fiddling maybe with the knees (or something like the strategic postioning of the tiny yf21fp feet in gerwalk) maybe this might help ease some of the complaints about the forward leaning of the toy?

Maybe the monster should have had a sawn-off mode (portion of gun barrel splits open and rectracts back?) in its design where the cannons are short in battroid mode so it doesn't fall over so easily? I don't see it being able to walk very safely in that mode unless it fought in space or something :D They could make it so it's accuracy in battroid mode is lessened and that it only needed to change to that mode for close up fighting. While Gerwalk can act as the long range mode with barrel extended? (it would be the monster equivalent of the extendable gunpods :D)

Gerwalk seems to be the main mode for me to display this thing in. If this can't balance that well (either due to floppy limbs like yf21 or because of the way it stands in general) I probably won't display it in battroid as much unless I had some sort of a stand; like how some have set up displayed with the Qrau as if it were flying around fighting as opposed to it standing on flat ground)

The thing that disapointed me about the red qrau was how easily it fell backward because of the loose legs (also I wished the kness would bend just a little more) and the design of the mech itself where there is a lot of weight on its back. I liked the sculpt (both qrau and this) but these nitpicks are worth mentioning since for some of us, paying import prices for these is killing our wallet just enough so that we can't buy up as quickly, and for somebody like me who is a casual fan I'm not used to paying so much for toys - even though I think it's money well spent. (But wouldn't it be cool to just walk into a non-import store and pick these up off the shelf like any other toy, and if it sucked enough you could return it and/or complain because you could examine it in detail for yourself instead of hearing other people's impression?)

This is why I am still nervous to want to get a Toynami alpha because I am so used to having something in my hand when I part with my money rather than paying up and waiting for things or worrying about flaws in the thing you weren't prepared for. I'm old fashioned but its just the way I like to do things so I will take a laid back attitude to any new release toys, no matter how awesome.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Maybe the monster should have had a sawn-off mode (portion of gun barrel splits open and rectracts back?) in its design where the cannons are short in battroid mode so it doesn't fall over so easily? I don't see it being able to walk very safely in that mode unless it fought in space or something :D They could make it so it's accuracy in battroid mode is lessened and that it only needed to change to that mode for close up fighting. While Gerwalk can act as the long range mode with barrel extended? (it would be the monster equivalent of the extendable stock on the gunpods :D)

Interestingly enough the backpack can fold down like in shuttle mode to lower

the barrels out of the way while it's giving something a knuckle hoagie. This

slightly encumbers the legs to back but not enough to impede walking, even

with the VB6's rather distorted proportions.

Gerwalk seems to be the main mode for me to display this thing in.

I believe the consensus around here was that the "Konig" lands in Gerwalk.

This allows VTOL and much less taxi space on a carrier's flight deck.

Lastly your comment about Toynami's Alpha toys...

A store here in town gets them in and puts them on a shelf. I got to look

for the best one out of five, mine is in excellent condition. At least as good

most mass produced intricate toys (MPOP). But admittedly a few were kind

of sloppy on the paint. 2 out of 5 is rather poor odds...

Well, Toy-Wave just sent me notice of shipping of my Koenig Monster. I guess, based on the email, that I will receive it within 10 days. I am really looking forward to receiving it and seeing what it looks like.

Twich

So...Yamato makes a mistake that affects the transformation (wings not locking securly) and the look (gaps), and we should just be happy with it and not complain? Why do some of you think that having an issue with sh*tty quality control is nothing but bitching? This is an expensive toy and I think we should expect a certain level of quality. I can see by the pics and the reviews that the mistake would hinder my enjoyment of the thing, so why should I still buy one?

Yamato has went back and corrected things in the past, and as simple as this mistake is to fix they really should feel obligated to do so. If they do that, I'll buy one. We're not all modelers who can easily cut this stuff apart and fix it ourselves. I know if I tried to fix it myself I'd end up making it worse or creating a whole new problem.

Anyway, here's that picture again that shows the gaps when the wings are pulled back to compensate for the backwards peg.

post-4-1104502847.jpg

One more thing, though -- Graham, you say the legs can't bend backwards, but we saw a pic posted last week or so of one showing the knee-bending articulation (which caused some people to cave in and decide to get the toy after much hesitation). Which is correct?

OK, my bad. I forgot about that pic. I just went and had another play with the legs of my VB-6 and yes, the knees can bend back like in the pic.

On my VB-6, the knee hinge assembly is quite tight, so yesterday when I tried to bend the knees back I didn't use much force and just assumed that the knees didn't bend back when I tried to move them but got no backwards movement. Today I used a bit more force. Also, the knee assembly is fairly complex, so you've got to know which bit to pivot.

Graham

Graham

I for one am immensley happy that a VB-6 is even being released! I asked for one the first time I saw one and my dreams are being fullfilled.

Once again, I will use the same argument I've used with every release...

BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE.

No one can make anything perfect, not even the "godlike" resin casters.

Who else has given us Q-Raus, nearly every VF-1 ever made in every color scheme available in two different scales, the VB-6, the VF-0, even the Mac+ valks? No one. Not even everyone's precious Bandai.

I'm willing to sacrifice a little, even at the price range, in order to have something I can't get anywhere else and have DREAMED of.

QUIT beating the god damn dead horse. It's been 3 freaking years already. Time to let it go.

Vostok 7

It is possible to be happy with what you have and at the same time find fault with it and wish for change. I'm happy the monster is out, but I think it's irresponsible of Yamato to mess it up. Hopefully they will fix it since it's easy to do so. In the meantime I'll patiently wait and try not to be brow-beaten by the loud-mouthed "sit down and shut up" crowd.

ah... its the return of the MW I know and love :lol: Its been so quiet around here lately.

Shut up, you! j/k

I hate to get into arguments here, and I can't even remember the last time I did, but this one little thing seems soooooo easy for Yamato to correct that I just can't let it slide.

Also, as a disclaimer for the bickering yet to come, I mean no disrespect to anyone here. I loves ya all. :)

I hate to get into arguments here, and I can't even remember the last time I did, but this one little thing seems soooooo easy for Yamato to correct that I just can't let it slide.

Also, as a disclaimer for the bickering yet to come, I mean no disrespect to anyone here.  I loves ya all.  :)

I also hate getting into arguments here, and was not trying to "attack" you.

I'm just tired of MW being a one trick pony. It's always:

Before release:

"OMG! It's so awesome!! I CAN'T WAIT!"

Or

"That's cool, but it's not worth it."

Release is late:

"OMG why is it late!! This is stupid! I want it now!! Wait, the price is kinda expensive..."

Or

"Why can't Yamato ever release on time :rolleyes: "

More pictures are shown:

"Dammit, I want it! I can't wait! That's sooo awesome!!"

Or

"*sigh* Once again Yamato fails. It sucks hardcore. I don't have one, but I'm going to talk about it like I do."

Day of release:

"IT'S OUT!! I'm so happy!!"

Or

"Hey wow, its out, does it come with crappy stickers?"

First day after release:

"OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME! I LOVE IT!"

Or

"This thing is a piece of CRAP! Once again Yamato fails us all. I'm never buying anything Yamato makes AGAIN! Yamato can suck donkey ****!!"

Next announced release:

"Yay!! They're coming out with that!!"

Or

"Wow, that's pretty cool. But it's probably not worth it."

Ad infinitum.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Aaaah....

I for one am happy that I really don't like the Koenig Monster anyway. IF I were to buy one, it would never leave "gerwalk" <_< mode since to me, that is the way a Monster SHOULD BE.

I may snag one at some point, but will probably just wait for the 1/60 Monster.

You know, I'm actually happy to see people bitching about a new toy, while others praise it. It's been too long (dammit Yamato), and now we finally have something to sink out teeth into again.

I mean holy crap, it's a VB-6 for crying out loud. The last one we thought Yamato would make. MOST OF US should buy at least one for that fact alone (minor QC gripes aside), so Yamato will immediately could have an incentive to dive into the rest of the VFX-2 valks. If this obscure sucker sells good, it might open the door again. Even if not, this is still one that will skyrocket in value once they stop making it, and I guarantee we'll start seeing a lot of "Where can I get a Monster" threads when the stock finishes. At least I'm not seeing any initial reports of "it fell apart in my hand" on the VB-6 unlike another item from another company that we all looked forward too forever and it came out a more QC ridden POC than Yamato could even concieve of.

At least the initial impression is good, and there are no crtical flaws. A stupid flaw in the reversed piece, but not killer.

A VB-6, former legend of rarity in the resin field, long sought after, now in 1/100 toy form. May the rest of the 1/100 resin kits soon be adapted as well.

Anyone going to pose this thing wrestling some MG Gundams?

Almsot noone uses stickers on theiy toys anymore,at least not stickers as SHITTY as the Yammie ones....if they were high quality stickers it would be alright, but Yammie stickers suck!

... then don't put them on. Is that really so difficult?

Go buy decals from Anasazi or Takatoys. We all know how crappy Yamato's stickers are. We've been using them for 3 fricken years already.

I'm just tired of MW being a one trick pony. It's always:

Before release:

"OMG! It's so awesome!! I CAN'T WAIT!"

Or

Release is late:

"OMG why is it late!! This is stupid! I want it now!! Wait, the price is kinda expensive..."

Or

More pictures are shown:

"Dammit, I want it! I can't wait! That's sooo awesome!!"

Or

"*sigh* Once again Yamato fails. It sucks hardcore. I don't have one, but I'm going to talk about it like I do."

Day of release:

"IT'S OUT!! I'm so happy!!"

Or

First day after release:

"OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME! I LOVE IT!"

Or

"This thing is a piece of CRAP! Once again Yamato fails us all. I'm never buying anything Yamato makes AGAIN! Yamato can suck donkey ****!!"

Next announced release:

"Yay!! They're coming out with that!!"

Or

"Wow, that's pretty cool. But it's probably not worth it."

Ad infinitum.

Vostok 7

aint that the gospel of MW. :rolleyes:

bitch, bitch, moan, moan, its either this or a matchbox/takatoku monster that doesn't do anything but sit there. :rolleyes:

oooooo all those gaps? i can't think of a single TF'ing toy that doesn't have them. :rolleyes:

friggin QC? i can't think of a single anything that doesn't have some kind of QC issue. :rolleyes:

damn price? would you rather have it be $300? so its pricey but its really the only one to be made. :rolleyes:

cheap arse stickers? they've always been crappy, you survived. see, you still have enough life to come here and whine about it. :rolleyes:

it friggin TFs!!!! 3 modes?...1 mode?...i pick 3 modes. :rolleyes:

how can one stop all the bitchin?

heres my solution to your problems....

take all your money, start your own toy company, make everything you want, exactly the way you want it. :rolleyes:

oh, thats not a option?

then find a magic lamp and get the genie to grant you three wishes and stop your bleedin whinin. :rolleyes:

sorry but i find it completely pointless to read about "issues" with a toy that only one person has had a chance to handle. last time i checked, justified bitchin goes like this.....own it, then start the bitchin. :rolleyes:

So.... anything yamato makes you buy?

I waited for the 2nd version of the YF-19, because MW reviews informed me of that cursed tab.

I didn't get a VF-11, why, MW folk alerted me to the busted hips.

didn't get a YF-21 FP, graham's review turned me off.

I DID get a Q-rau, despite lack of gimmicks and extras, a solid toy and I happily paid the price.

Taking into account what respect members say and adjusting what you're going to buy... why is this such a heinous thing for some of you?

It's not like I said I was NEVER going to buy one. or that Yamato was the devil's spawn. All I said was that I was cancelling my pre-order and that I hoped yamato read these boards.

Why would I say this? Well, because yamato should realize that releasing toys with obvious flubs... and late, is just poor business practice. They shouldn't just expect people to gobble up stuff that they themselves do not care to do right in the first place. That "good enough" approach is what I hate about toynami and something I will pay maybe 40 bucks for, but certainly not a 130.

And yes, do tell what is wrong with being excited about something based on sneak previews? Should we all be zen about it? For me, Yamato has been good to me... why? I used the reviews, listened to what other people said, and avoided products with obvious flubs.

And no, I did not become a whiner and a complainer. That my 1/48 max vf-1a has some blurry paint lines, I have not complained or even that the landing gear doors on the left leg tend to pop open during transforming. These things, random errors that can crop up at anytime and would require close inspection to spot and would drive up the cost if every such minor flub resulted in a loss.

But not manufacturing a crucial part correctly? That's something that should have been fixed. And maybe it will be easy to fix by the general public. That's great. OR maybe it will require cutting and some serious work. That sucks for me, because I'm not a modeller.. I like to buy toys for that very reason.. and frankly, I think that anytime I have to take a toy apart and fix it because the manufacturer just didn't care enough to do it right, that I have been ripped off, or at least seriusly inconvenienced.

So yeah. I cancelled my pre-order. But I'll happilly place a pre-order for the 1/48 GBP armor set.

Nothing like a fine wine and Elton John's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in the background when reading these threads.......IT'S GREAT!!!

I'm just tired of MW being a one trick pony.  It's always:

Before release:

"OMG!  It's so awesome!!  I CAN'T WAIT!"

Or

Release is late:

"OMG why is it late!!  This is stupid!  I want it now!!  Wait, the price is kinda expensive..."

Or

More pictures are shown:

"Dammit, I want it!  I can't wait!  That's sooo awesome!!"

Or

"*sigh* Once again Yamato fails.  It sucks hardcore.  I don't have one, but I'm going to talk about it like I do."

Day of release:

"IT'S OUT!!  I'm so happy!!"

Or

First day after release:

"OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME!  I LOVE IT!"

Or

"This thing is a piece of CRAP!  Once again Yamato fails us all.  I'm never buying anything Yamato makes AGAIN!  Yamato can suck donkey ****!!"

Next announced release:

"Yay!!  They're coming out with that!!"

Or

"Wow, that's pretty cool.  But it's probably not worth it."

Ad infinitum.

Vostok 7

:lol::lol:

Anyone going to pose this thing wrestling some MG Gundams?

Ooooh ... yes, pics please! :D

So.... anything yamato makes you buy?

no not at all but if they make the only toy of its kind, then yes.

I waited for the 2nd version of the YF-19, because MW reviews informed me of that cursed tab.

I didn't get a VF-11, why, MW folk alerted me to the busted hips.

didn't get a YF-21 FP, graham's review turned me off.....

....I used the reviews, listened to what other people said, and avoided products with obvious flubs.

okay but how many people did a review and point out the issues with the 19? 11? 21? now how many reviews have you read on the koeing then?

now, granted its graham who wrote it but one persons experience with a toy shouldn't be enough to make you not want a toy, but to each his own i guess....

That sucks for me, because I'm not a modeller.. I like to buy toys for that very reason..

i'm with you here, i got no skills at all when it comes to modeling/customizing, hence why i only collect toys. i too dislike having to "fix" a toy that i paid an arm and a leg for but life ain't perfect and sometimes you gotta roll with the punches.

you can't having everything the way you want it, lifes doesn't work that way. you don't want to deal with it, then don't buy it, but coming to complain about something you don't own, haven't held nor played with is pointless. you cancelled your order so whats the point of coming into the thread again? to point out whats wrong with the toy you don't own and continuing the bitchfest? we heard everyones(or should i say grahams) complaints already, pointing them out again and again, isn't going to help or change anything.

i'm not trying to be mean to you or anyone, but just wait to read/hear some more reviews before you go willy-nilly about how crappy something is....give it a chance. :)

The only thing I have left to say is that I've never been one to chime in a whine in the past. Through the 1/60 and 1/48, with all their little flubs and quirks, I've never really complained about any of them. I even have a Toynami Alpha and I haven't bitched about that, either (granted mine has almost none of the problems that are afflicting the toy). In fact, I'm usually one trying to smooth over people's complaints by pointing out the bright side.

This one thing, this one stupid thing has caused me to complain. Why? Because it is someting that shouldn't have happened, should have been caught before release, and should be fixed. Yes, a lot of transforming toys have gaps...because they are DESIGNED that way. This one was not. Those gaps aren't supposed to be there and are a direct result of the mistake. And I don't see why someone who doesn't have it in their hands can't base their opinion from the review of a well-respected and well-informed MWorlder such as Graham.

I'm not a 'hater', I'm not a whiner and I don't think Yamato is the ucky stuff under my shoe for doing this. BUT, I do think they should own up to it and correct it. I cancelled my preorder on the off chance that maybe, just maybe they will. Have I sworn off the Monster entirely? Of course not. Even if they never correct it i'll still want one. If they never fix it I'll probably bite the bullet and buy one. For now I'm gambling a bit so I don't end up with two. At the very least I hope someone is able to figure out a way that a simple, non-modelling fan can fix it themselves. Until then, I'll wait patiently. Scratch that...I'll wait impatiently. :unsure:

here's a thought guys,

what if the backwards tab IS a fix? :ph34r:

the inconsistencies from toy to pics in the manual are in the vf 1's too.

IMO if the tab was a separate piece, we could blame it on QC & just introduce it to a wrench. but it looks like it's a solid piece, that means they did it on purpose...

just my 2 cents :ph34r:

hell ! , i'm also still waiting on one.... this backwards tab thing is unsettling :lol:

For now I'm gambling a bit so I don't end up with two.  At the very least I hope someone is able to figure out a way that a simple, non-modelling fan can fix it themselves.  Until then, I'll wait patiently.  Scratch that...I'll wait impatiently.  :unsure:

i hear what you're saying and if yamato does re-issue the toy with fixes, i'll probably buy another....after all 2 is better than 1. :p but i definitely don't want to get stuck without one and end up having to pay some gougers price for the toy if/when it sells out....and i have a pretty good feelling these are going to sell out quick being its the only toy of its kind. (yeah i know so was the rau, but the rau doesn't TF)

i got my koeing coming in early next week, so i'll take a look at the spots graham mentioned and try my best to find the simpliest solution to fix the problem. i've only seen pics and my hamster wheels already spinning in the noggin. :blink:

UN_MARINE,

the tab and panel are 2 seperate pieces as graham mentioned.....doesn't anyone read anymore? :huh:

maybe graham got a suckie one and we'll all get good ones....it wouldn't be the first time. :p:D:lol:

here's a thought guys,

what if the backwards tab IS a fix? :ph34r:

:lol: If that's the case I'll eat every one of my words, poop them out, and then eat them again! (Now that should get me on the Brown List!)

I do realise what those of you on the "STFU!" side are saying, since there are so few people that have these things yet. I guess I can't help but be nervous and afraid though considering Yamato's history with QC.