Science and Technology MEGA THREAD

Max Jenius

Just tried it today actually. Pretty cool. Doesn't work for everything, but it gets a lot. The image seems to be pretty old though. Some things that should be on the map when you scroll around aren't there yet.

Yeah the google satellite views are not updated regularly. The newest shots are maybe a year old and in some areas they are clearly older, on the order of up to five years judging by the resolution. What surprises me is that military bases are shown and not fuzzed out.

What surprises me is that military bases are shown and not fuzzed out.

That's not surprising.

You can find satellite pics of Area 51 (Groom Dry Lake). They let it go because nothing useful is visible. All the good stuff is underground/hangared, and never comes out until it's nightime and/or the satellite isn't overhead.

Any classified aircraft work on regular bases is done in closed hangars, never out on the flightline, so overhead shots are never useful at all anyway. Generally.

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...
Ach!!! Zombies!! :o

"We have obtained samples of this new parasite and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all."

Awesome... I can't wait till Umbrella Corporation start researching the samples!

• 3 weeks later...

Scientists are now trying to develop a superlaser.

Interesting timing now that our govt wants to open the space weapons field... :(

The goat of the laser is to have a fusion ignition at the target (the same product as an H-bomb).

Edited by Anubis

Scientists are now trying to develop a superlaser

Haven't they been trying to do this since Val Kilmer was in college?

Now they have a football field size building to work in, and have spent 5 BILLION dollars.

The Archilochos fragment confirms what scholars have long suspected: that the Greeks got lost on their way to invade Troy and mistakenly landed at place called Mysia. There they fought a battle, lost and had to regroup before heading off again for Troy.

heh opps :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

They should have made it with the port cover "ears" and they could have a prototype persocom.

Now THIS is some freaky-deaky she-at... :blink:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...0610_robot.html

Replicants and Termiantors, baby, are right around the corner...

I think we all know what this will lead to:

Pleasurebots.

C'mon, we know. We know.

Oh crap... we're all gonna die... kinda gives a whole new meaning to "Final Fantasy".

Look out dude. She's a femmebot.

050610_robot.jpg

Now THIS is some freaky-deaky she-at... :blink:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...0610_robot.html

Replicants and Termiantors, baby, are right around the corner...

Pleasurebots.

C'mon, we know. We know.

Oh crap... we're all gonna die... kinda gives a whole new meaning to "Final Fantasy".

Look out dude. She's a femmebot.

050610_robot.jpg

The man on the right is contemplating all of the ways he can take over the world with his newly invented femmebot.

Pleasurebots.

C'mon, we know. We know.

So.....is Kevin taking pre-orders at the Valkyrie Exchange, or is this going to be a Big Bad Toy Store thing? In any case, sign me up...

• 3 weeks later...

Pleasurebots.

C'mon, we know.  We know.

So.....is Kevin taking pre-orders at the Valkyrie Exchange, or is this going to be a Big Bad Toy Store thing? In any case, sign me up...

307730[/snapback]

:lol::lol::blink::ph34r: So I guess we are not far away from GITS becoming reality.