Any Old School Magic The Gathering Player?

Ladic

No no, u guys understood me wrong, I meant, you could bring as many creatures as you had mana for into play, ONCE per turn, like one Summon Phase, but now, you can bring creatures into playing TWICE each turn, NOT 2 creatures per turn.

:o Well I think there are actually two main phases in the turn to play creatures

quoting from http://dericky.tripod.com/mtg/mtgrules.htm

Beginning:

-Untap

-Upkeep

-Draw

Main

Combat:

-Beginning of combat

-Declare attackers

-Declare blockers

-Combat damage

-End of combat

Second Main

End:

End of turn

Cleanup

During your first and second main phases, which are separated by the combat phase, you may do any or all of the following, in any order:

Put one land per turn into play

Cast spells

You may cast sorceries, enchantments, artifacts, and creature summons before and after the attack, but not during it.

The end phase has two steps: end of turn and cleanup. The end-of-turn step works just like the upkeep step. When it begins, abilities that start with "At end of turn" occur. When the cleanup step begins, discard down to seven cards. Then all damage on creatures is removed and effects that last "until end of turn" end.

Edited by RichterX

I don't know if there was just one main phase in each turn, I started to play beginning from the Mercadia Masque Block, some one has to look up on the instructions of the very first expansions

There was only 1 main in the old days right?

Yeah, I think this is right. I also think combat was part of the main phase too, and not a separate one, so there wasn't a need for two back then. It's been a long time since I looked at the rules, so I may be mis-remembering. I stopped, IIRC, about when Ice Age came out.

oooh... the summon phase...

when i played, u could summon anytime during ur main phase and ur combat phase was somewhere during ur main phase. so in some ways u could... i guess... have "two" summon phases. so you could summon a creature, attack, and then summon more creatures before ur main phase ends and then continue on. theres only "ONE" main phase but you can "split" it up using ur combat phase.

hope u understand that. i played in a good amount of tournaments so hopefully i havent been playing this wrong all this time. :huh:

Could you summon creatures during the combat phase?

no. :)

I guess the old rules didn't stablished the second main phase but you could still summon creatures after the attack phase, I prefer current rules, they give more order to the game.

:o Well I think there are actually two main phases in the turn to play creatures

quoting from http://dericky.tripod.com/mtg/mtgrules.htm

Beginning:

-Untap

-Upkeep

-Draw

Main

Combat:

-Beginning of combat

-Declare attackers

-Declare blockers

-Combat damage

-End of combat

Second Main

End:

End of turn

Cleanup

During your first and second main phases, which are separated by the combat phase, you may do any or all of the following, in any order:

Put one land per turn into play

Cast spells

You may cast sorceries, enchantments, artifacts, and creature summons before and after the attack, but not during it.

The end phase has two steps: end of turn and cleanup. The end-of-turn step works just like the upkeep step. When it begins, abilities that start with "At end of turn" occur. When the cleanup step begins, discard down to seven cards. Then all damage on creatures is removed and effects that last "until end of turn" end.

im assuming too many noobs starting playing and got confused so they decided to make a "Second Main" as shown by RichterX.

magic has made a LOT of minor rule changes due to the confusion and arguments that a lot of newbies started. theres no interrupts in the game anymore. :(

all interrupts became instants and they have a new ruling on instants.

oh yeah, the "Second Main" doesnt change anything. back in the day where there was "one" main u could split it using ur combat phase so its the same concept. but the only diff is that theres a name for it now. :p

i wonder if magic is still popular.

i still have black lotuses and moxes that i should sell... along with hundreds of revised rares. <_<

multilands anyone? :D

There will be always small groups of magic players in every place...

The Black Lotus is the Holy Grail for the Magic Trading Card collector, I am impress you say you have lotuses and not just one :o

Are you interesting on selling? :lol:

The Black Lotus is the Holy Grail for the Magic Trading Card collector, I am impress you say you have lotuses and not just one :o

Are you interesting on selling? :lol:

heh heh... lets just say i played... a LOT... :p

truthfully, i dunt even know how much a black lotus is worth now and these days.

u can shoot me an offer if ur actually serious. ;)

the reason why i had multiple black lotuses was cuz my brothers played and we always argued about who gets to use it during the next tournament so after we wona couple of tournaments, we sold the prize and bought/traded for a couple more. sad thing tho is after that we argued over the time walks, ancestral recall, and the moxes. <_<

the first tournament i ever won, i was 11. how embarassing is that to get beaten by a little 11 years old kid? :lol: i feel sorry for whoever played me during that tournament now that i look back on it. :o

The Black Lotus is the Holy Grail for the Magic Trading Card collector, I am impress you say you have lotuses and not just one  :o

Are you interesting on selling?  :lol:

heh heh... lets just say i played... a LOT... :p

truthfully, i dunt even know how much a black lotus is worth now and these days.

u can shoot me an offer if ur actually serious. ;)

the reason why i had multiple black lotuses was cuz my brothers played and we always argued about who gets to use it during the next tournament so after we wona couple of tournaments, we sold the prize and bought/traded for a couple more. sad thing tho is after that we argued over the time walks, ancestral recall, and the moxes. <_<

the first tournament i ever won, i was 11. how embarassing is that to get beaten by a little 11 years old kid? :lol: i feel sorry for whoever played me during that tournament now that i look back on it. :o

:o

Oh man... I can tell you thought Black Lotus is banned of tournament games and even considered unfair for casual playing it is a great collector item and it goes for the big bucks for one in good condition, not necessary mint just in descent presentable condition and also which edition it is from. I wouldn't dare to make an offer cause I am short in money right now and I don't think any offer I can do could get near the price a Black Lotus goes. Also I wouldn't dare to rip you off for it...

How many of them you have and what are their conditions

:o

Oh man... I can tell you thought Black Lotus is banned of tournament games and even considered unfair for casual playing it is a great collector item and it goes for the big bucks for one in good condition, not necessary mint just in descent presentable condition and also which edition it is from. I wouldn't dare to make an offer cause I am short in money right now and I don't think any offer I can do could get near the price a Black Lotus goes. Also I wouldn't dare to rip you off for it...

How many of them you have and what are their conditions

you tell me. ;)

haha... 3 unlimited ones.

the one in the hardcase is the most mint one.

theyre all pretty much near mint condition.

quite good imo.

i know black lotuses are banned from type 2 tournaments. last time i heard there are still type 1 tournaments here and there.

edit: oh hey! u can see the mox pearl too. left and behind of the lotuses. i just noticed that. :lol:

Edited by AlphaHX

AlphaHX...

Dude...

:o HOLY CRAP!!! :o

Those are definetily many $$$

edited to add:

by the way AlphaHX

Legend say (actually is a rumor) that people owning Black Lotus cards in such condition go so far as getting insurance for them and putting in them in a safe.

Edited by RichterX

Hi guys, sorry for my ignorance but I've never seen this game but have heard it mentioned quite a few times, it's the same Jugio right??

I suppose you refer to Yugioh, it is pretty similar, but lets say Magic the Gathering is the Original Trading Card Game, it is a lot more mature (in my opinion)

AlphaHX...

Dude...

:o HOLY CRAP!!! :o

Those are definetily many $$$

thats always good to hear. :)

when i got them in the "good ol days", they were prob $150 max for each lotus. the mox pearl was $50.

my brothers and i almost pissed in our pants handing that kind of money over. im assuming its worth more than that now so im glad it paid off. :D

its good that we won several tournaments or else magic wouldve harassed us financially. we won several boxes from our tournaments and sold them for mucho $$$. in the end, even with out selling our lotuses, i can actually say we broke even from the beginning since we sold off other stuff like shivans, multilands, etc. ;)

by the way AlphaHX

Legend say (actually is a rumor) that people owning Black Lotus cards in such condition go so far as getting insurance for them and putting in them in a safe.

HAHAHA!!! HOLY $#!T, you heard that too???

man... that rumor travels LONG and FAR.

one of my friends was telling me how he heard some guy who insured his lotus and was saying that i should do it too. :lol::lol::lol:

I delved into Magic briefly during the unlimited days, got out of it after Arabian Nights expansion. I always thought you could only summon creatures after placing lands and before going into combat, but there are all these new-fangled rules and such nowadays. Anyway, Black Lotus's were $$$ back when I played and I'm pretty sure they're $$$$ today, especially since yours are from Unlimited. Check around, but you're holding a couple 1/48s with FPs in your hands there :huh::lol:

I stopped collecting sometime around the "Legends" series (I think that was my last one) I finally completed my alpha set sometime last year.

I think it was that "fallen empires" set that I had collected like twice over (the one no-one ever wanted) I ended up selling both of them

US $307.00 (Reserve not met) :o:o:o:o:o:o

reserve not met!?!?!!? :ph34r:

I said more because yours seem to be in way better condition to those in auction.

hmm... true. mine doesnt have as much yellowing. :D

i wouldnt be surprise if the reserve for that one is around 500. :ph34r:

I stopped collecting sometime around the "Legends" series (I think that was my last one) I finally completed my alpha set sometime last year.

I think it was that "fallen empires" set that I had collected like twice over (the one no-one ever wanted) I ended up selling both of them

haha, one of the first tournament that i won, i got a fallen empire box. <_< i sold that the second i got it. good thing too. it was still relative early and no one really truely realized that it sucked yet. ;)

you collected the alpha set!?!?!? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn... that thing must be waaaaaaay more than my lotuses. so u have the "time walk" that says "target player loses next turn". hahahahhaha... greatest wording for a card... ever! :lol:

I think you must have them messed up... my "Time Walk" said something to the effect of "take another turn after this one"

:blink:

im about 95% sure the alpha version says that.

are u sure u didnt collect the beta version?

theres alpha and beta.

alpha and beta have black borders but alpha cards are more rounded around the edges than normal cards and they have really simple and in the case of time walk have really screwy wording.

or maybe they changed the wording in another batch of alpha.

weird... i couldve swore...

ur probably right.

nevermind...

im just confused now. :huh:

Edited by AlphaHX