finally the my SV-51 complete!

VF-19 pilot!!!

well, i'm almost finished guys!! just need a few touch-ups and the canopy needs to be applied

but other than that here is the finished product.. :D

obviously I took some liberties when it came to the decals but hey!!! it was captured from the enemy :p

this is my first kit involving painting, so tell me what you think, here are some pics :D

post-3-1099196881_thumb.jpg

I like it. Looks very "Russian".

IMHO, a lot of the work involved in painting is surface prep. Start with a good surface, and you'll get nice paint. Most of the work is thus the same for painted and unpainted--making the plastic/joints nice and smooth, etc. Actually painting is just 1 more step on top of all the previous work done in assembling the kit.

:D

thanks alot guys....i totally agree with you, painting is extremely important!!! and the final clear coat is also very essential to the overall product...

i went back and put clear flat coats on my previous kits, and man did that make a huge diffrence, even though i didn't do any painting. :D

i wanna give a million thanks to all who gave me compliments and 2 million thanks to those who have given me constructive advise along the way. :lol:

well i'm hooked on these kits now!!! can't wait for the VF-0D!!! :D

by the way!!! i didn't really how huge this kit is!!!

anyway thanks again guys!!! :D

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

thanks guys,

yeah i have to agree i do love them in flight better than landed.

so i have made a decision i will order another one of each so that i can have them displayed landed and in flight!!! :D

oh and viper just saw your VF-0A man that look terrific!!!

i have another VF-0A arriving any day now. i will do a cannon fodder custom scheme on that one...(brownie)

i will post post pics soon!!! :D

Congrats!!!

I've been modelling the last 26 years. Today I'm expending months in each model since I want everything as perfect as my craftmanship can do but I still remember those first models that took me no more than 3 hours to complete including some painting and decalling as my best modelling times.

I think you've found a way in between: most of your models have almost no paint and you finish them asap but they look great!!! Maybe there is a small gap there or there, and some parts have a little flash, but the final result is great and I'm sure that your modelling time was GREAT too.

At the same time one of us (anal modellers) finish a landing gear you finished an complete Macross 0 collection!!!

This SV-51 looks amazing, just a simple overall grey color... maybe this is the way to go. Keep it simple and fun!!!

thanks Gerwalker!!!!

wow 26 years huh? man that is great !!!! i bet all of us can learn alot from your years of expirence!!! :D

i have to agree with your philisohpy there... i mean if i was a proffesional biulder than i would see spending months and months on a single kit. but as this is my first year actually painting, oil washing, and clear coating kits, i think i am more than satisfied for the time being with the results.

i really don't have the time to spend on these kits, with work and writing and re-writing my first novel, going to the gym and of course school, i consider it a somewhat guilty pleasure.

honestly the most relaxing time i have to myself now is when i am building and when i am writing!!!! :D i just crank up some music and go to work non-stop until i am done. i'm sure that you guys can totally relate to that feeling when you are building and things are coming along great!!! :D

still i have to give my hat off to some of you guys in this forum, trully talented!!! it is amazing some of the things that i see done in here!!! :D

i hope that we all keep building and keep posting i always love to come to the forums and see that another people are showcasing there work

by the way gerwalker, i'm sure we would all love to see some of your works pics please!!! :D

alan.

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

Hey VF-19!

26 years of modelling doesn't make me a great modeller!! only more obsessed :D

I've posted pics of my VF-1J Battroid more than a year ago. You can still find a step by step I wrote in this site:Modelersite

Just go to the sci-fi section and there you can find my latest works: Hase Battoid, Arii Battroid, Gundam Deathscythe and Harlock Bf-109G6...

VF-19's work is amazing. I remember talking to him via e-mail towards the end of October and he sent me pics of some of his completed M0 kits which I actually use as wallpaper for my desktop. I've been model building since I was 10 and I've never seen such a fast kit build up time ever. His unorthodoxed approach at painting ( or lack there of :p ) I think is what keeps us coming back for me. Nice work buddy :D

FANTASTIC WORK VF-19!! :D

Wow, I envy your flightline - it will be years before I get anywhere near to that much built. :( I am so happy you're having fun with it - that is the most important aspect. Keep the modelling hobby alive! (I am afraid it might be dwindling down to a few of us nuts! :lol: )

And keep posting! I love them.

hey Cheng,

as always, any compliments from you is alwys welcome :D

it is a shame that there are so few people building these days :unsure:

but i hope that these post will inspire people to give it a try, i am having a great time with these kits and i hope that others are having a good time with them as well.

well i'm already starting on another and when i am done i will post the pics

thanks again guys...

:rolleyes: