SDF playset

sleddogg83

maybe if i was 8 years old and had all the action figures, then it might be cool. :p

Probably not, though, because the action figures are terrible, with few exceptions.

But I really have to disagree with Mechamechanic--the 7" destroids are pretty nice, even though they're almost all plastic and not very posable. The Glaug and Regult also aren't bad as toys go. (Yes, they're grossly inaccurate in various ways.) Then again, I got the destroids and battlepods pretty cheaply.

well i actualy purchased one of these about a year and a half ago for 5 bucks from a local flee market, and after i got home opend the box and looked at the thing, well lets just say that even today i still feel i payed too much for it. But i did get some enjoyment from it when i used it for lobbing firecrackers at :p:lol:

But i did get some enjoyment from it when i used it for lobbing firecrackers at :p:lol:

Amen to that my brother

there is nothing better than the smell of burned plastic in the morning :lol:

But i did get some enjoyment from it when i used it for lobbing firecrackers at :p  :lol:

Amen to that my brother

there is nothing better than the smell of burned plastic in the morning :lol:

I blew up one of my Matchbox VF-1JS with a chlorine bomb. Man that was great to watch. Poor bastards FAST pack went flyin. Whole thing was made more mutilated than it already was. If I get the chnace I might actually film the destruction of the next one.

there's still 9 days left and that auction and the bid is already over $100 high.

I think people bidding on it is on crack...

Just for kicks I am going to build one and sell it on ebay twice as expensive but 20 times better done..

Edited by 007-vf1

i dont understand toys like these, did the sculptor not even LOOK at the source material? who ever drew what went on the box did a decent job, so why couldn't the toy be made to look more "right"?

Actually the SDF-1 set usually goes for pretty decent price (I am trying to win this one, so I will not list average price this items sell for). This one having original box, it will sell for pretty decent price.

For those "hard core" Robotech collectors, SDF-1 playset is considered "holy grail".

I actually own one that is brand new and I been offer up to $700. If I can win this one, I can finally display without opening the one I have.

I think most of us can see that the playset is not the most accurate representation of SDF-1. However, for those few that are willing to pay large some of moeny for the playset are buying for nostalgic reason.

I think most of us can see that the playset is not the most accurate representation of SDF-1.  However, for those few that are willing to pay large some of moeny for the playset are buying for nostalgic reason.

Heh. That's fair. Of course, nostalgia has tricked me before. What the $%&(! I used to like THIS!?! What the $%() was I thinking?!?

:)

Actually the SDF-1 set usually goes for pretty decent price (I am trying to win this one, so I will not list average price this items sell for). This one having original box, it will sell for pretty decent price.

For those "hard core" Robotech collectors, SDF-1 playset is considered "holy grail".

I actually own one that is brand new and I been offer up to $700. If I can win this one, I can finally display without opening the one I have.

I think most of us can see that the playset is not the most accurate representation of SDF-1. However, for those few that are willing to pay large some of moeny for the playset are buying for nostalgic reason.

isnt that the killer, opening a mint box , just cause

Good luck on the auction ;)

I would have to totally agree with that statement. Nostalgia is the only reason that any toy has value at all, to be honest. I mean, a couple years back when I paid about $1,200 for a super ostrich,(back when this ish was super hot) im pretty sure a lot of people thought I was on crack. ;)

Even though we still pay high prices for newer stuff because its better, but it still for an old show, so it stills boils down to nastagia.

I remember seeing these on clearance at the blow out stores in Chicago when I was a kid.

I have NEVER seen a picture of it. You cannot seem to find any pictures on line either! The pic the seller gives doesnt show anything.

Does anyone have pictures of this set? I am curious to see the inside and outside, backside, and all the assesories that comes with it.

And how tall is it? How long? Does anyone have any idea?

I am not too impressed by the bad photo of the toy the seller has posted. Why is this considered the Holy Grail of Robotech toys? What makes it so special?

Does anyone have a review of this toy?

Thanks for the help eveyone!

Does anyone have pictures of this set?  I am curious to see the inside and outside, backside, and all the assesories that comes with it. 

I do not know how the inside looks. However, the backside has the drawing of the interior. You can use it to display your valk or destroids inside.

Why is this considered the Holy Grail of Robotech toys?  What makes it so special? 

Simply, because it is rare to find one. As most have pointed out, the play set is not the most desirable Robbotech/Macross toy line. Hence, most of us never bother to own one when we were young or bought other items in lieu of it.

However, as most RT and MAcross colletors are finacially stable now???!!!! Some of us are looking to own certain items that we never bother to own. This does not mean I am going to own those Barbie dolls, just those items that I believe are worth it.

As for the photos, I can post it later in the week, if you do not find it.

Since soon or later, someone is going to point out that this topic does not belong in Toys section. So, lets move this one to other anime section.....

Edited by CID

Sleddogg is the pic finding master!

Is that your personal prize?

Gotta love the trap door-jail cell built to hold a 40 foot tall alien!