New Robotech Series

GodMedia

So are they grabing anything from the latest Macross incarnations?

Any pink hair girls?

Any pilots that sing?

Any Fighters that for some reason looks like the VF-19 or VF-22??

Actually the RT guys like M7 (shocker :rolleyes: )... At least I know Yune does, he has more M7 stuff than stuff from any other Macross.

:( Why is such surprise they can like M7, I like M7

I wouldn't be surprise they put in a Veritech that is mind controlled

I wouldn't be surprise they put in a Veritech that is mind controlled

Well....as much as I hated the novels....I do believe that Robotech can lay claim to 'thinking caps', considering the first novel was published in 1987.....

Actually I think the credit goes to Firefox the movie, which happened in 1982. Don't fool yourself. Robotech has never introduced ANYTHING interesting, or new.

So are they grabing anything from the latest Macross incarnations?

Any pink hair girls?

Any pilots that sing?

Any Fighters that for some reason looks like the VF-19 or VF-22??

Actually the RT guys like M7 (shocker :rolleyes: )... At least I know Yune does, he has more M7 stuff than stuff from any other Macross.

:( Why is such surprise they can like M7....

It isn't a surprise... It was obvious. Robotech was a gutless, sissy, and nutered version of the original works (example being Roy's character: Womanizing badass in Macross, panzy ass 'after school special' role model in Robotech).

It isn't a surprise... It was obvious.  Robotech was a gutless, sissy, and nutered version of the original works (example being Roy's character: Womanizing badass in Macross, panzy ass 'after school special' role model in Robotech).

I agree with Agent One here. Robotech was wussy show and yes the novels sucked even more. Macross is definitely a better storyline. Mospeada is better than the New Generation. Yes, I enjoyed Robotech as a kid but now no longer.

I can thank this website for converting me. Actually I can thank Yamato and the 1/48 Low Vis. :lol:

1st Border Red Devil, I can see the Macross Kite on the Space Station Liberty as plain as day. Gee, could three ppl be wrong?

This whole argument is so lame... people that argue for the sake of arguing... it's been almost 4 years already!!!! Both sides give it a break.

Pro-Robotech, yes, it's the Kite, blatantly!!! Don't try to deny it...

Anti- Robotech, who gives a sh!t? At least they changed it enough, but they got to have somekind of continuity or else someone else is gonna cry foul...

*bitchslaps everyone across the face with a chunky-monkey...*

Yes it is a UNS flying kite... slightly changed but a flying kite all the same... whats the problem? It's as much a Robotech logo as a Macross logo... sheesh.

Anyways no Robotech hasn't really introduced anything new... neither has anyone else really... all stories are repitions of the same basic themes... all authors draw inspiration from some source... Mythology... previous writers... whatever...

There is nothing new under the sun and you can keep finding older versions of the same stories... the way they appear will change from Era to Era to fit the times... but actually the same plots just get repeated over an over... it's the presentation that has to be somewhat original.

Most authors will admit this...

I'd have to agree it looks like the Macross symbol as well, due to the curvature at the bottom of the insignia.

Side question: earlier in the thread I saw an image of a new Beta fighter... does anyone have comparison pictures to what the old Beta looked like (my head is fuzzy on remembering this)? To me, the new one just looks like a Beta running off with a VF fast pack.

Anyways no Robotech hasn't really introduced anything new... neither has anyone else really... all stories are repitions of the same basic themes... all authors draw inspiration from some source... Mythology... previous writers... whatever...

<_< but Robotech is doing copies from copies

At least is seems like in Macross some research is done from primary sources, I read in a magazine that Kawamori for the designs of the YF-19 and YF-21 actually did research of fighter designs. Also it seems he made some research of ancient cultures for the Protoculture theory.

There is nothing new under the sun and you can keep finding older versions of the same stories... the way they appear will change from Era to Era to fit the times... but actually the same plots just get repeated over an over... it's the presentation that has to be somewhat original.

Most authors will admit this...

Wow, you're like the Joseph Campbell of Macross World. :D

Good question.

I think the answer is that the Japanese lawsuit over the lineart from SDF Macross was judged in Big West/Studio Nue's favor, and it's generally believed (at least here) that this means HG can't use any of the designs or symbols from SDF Macross in new cartoons.

If this particular issue needs to get any more in-depth, it should probably be moved over to the pinned licensing debate thread.

Edit: Note, everyone agrees that HG has the copyright of SDF Macross in the states. HG's rights with respect to any other part of the Macross franchise are still a matter of controversy.

Edited by ewilen

Edit: Note, everyone agrees that HG has the copyright of SDF Macross in the states. HG's rights with respect to any other part of the Macross franchise are still a matter of controversy.

I thought copyright was up for debate, but distribution right wasn't.

Hmm, this is pretty bold of HG. What a sly way to work in the U.N. Spacy logo that they aren't allowed to use in new animation. All they have to do is claim that it's part of a larger tri-logo. Interesting.

Where in the f*ck do you see the Tougu-gun (sp?) symbol in that? Its the Mospeada Mars Division triangle thats the basis for this, not the UN Spacy logo.

Really Keith, I realise you don't like HG and despise Robotech, but your argument is nonsense.

Maybe here?

Hopefully this tiny file attachment will work. I just cut out one of the logos and flipped it over, that symbol is three macross kite symbols plain as day.

Wow, plain as day obvious... That is so pathetic. RT fans whould hang their heads in shame.

I can't beleive there are any RT fans at all in this day and age.....figured they would have all been converted by now, or at least awaken from their nightmares.

Edited by peter

I have a reallt twisted and possibly evil thought.  What if the Otaku community, after this travesty comes out, resubs/dubs it as a Mospeada sequel, do a sort of reverse robtechism?

Did it ever occur to you, brainiac, that Harmony Gold is planning on selling this in Japan as a sequel to Mospeada?

No need to get pissy dude, like I said it was just a thought, and yeah maybe they will do that, ought to be interesting to see how they pull it off though. Me personnally if, big if, I watch it I will treat as a mospeada sequel and not as anything having to do with Roboschlock.

Did it ever occur to you, brainiac, that Harmony Gold is planning on selling this in Japan as a sequel to Mospeada?

And there are people in hell who want ice water, but some things just aren't gonna happen :)

I see this one falling through the floor somehow.

And there are people in hell who want ice water, but some things just aren't gonna happen :)

I'm HG is planning on doing this, they even got the character designer to do a cover for their robotech comic... how well it will be received is another question.

I'm HG is planning on doing this, they even got the character designer to do a cover for their robotech comic... how well it will be received is another question.

If I recall, they intentionally involved Tatsunoko heavily in development precisely SO they could make a valid MOSPEADA sequel.

The quick & dirty.

-Big West owns the designs, concepts, copyrights, etc of Macross & all its sequel properties.

-Tatsunoko owns the distribution rights of the animation & merchandising for the original TV series (and possably DYRL as well, that ones a mystery).

What this means is that HG can release the TV series as much as they want, but they can't make their own sequels including the character, mecha, or blatant story concepts of the Macross franchise (meaning they can do their watered down robotech version, but they can't come up with their own equivilent of say Macross Plus or 7 in relation to SDF Macross). My origianl piont being, "Hey look, they used the U.N. Spacy insignia when they weren't supposed to."

The best example of HG acknowledging all of these rules would be in Robotech II, the Sentinels. Where none of the returning Macross characters looked even remotely the same.

post-26-1099471438.jpg

I have a reallt twisted and possibly evil thought.  What if the Otaku community, after this travesty comes out, resubs/dubs it as a Mospeada sequel, do a sort of reverse robtechism?

Are you for real?

Are you for real?

Ya know...

I actually talk to the people at HG.....

I feel sorry for you....actualy, no I don't. Me and everyone in Japan laughs at you and Harmony Gold.

Edited by peter

I feel sorry for you....actualy, no I don't.  Me and everyone in Japan laughs at you and Harmony Gold.

Well f*ck you too

Me.....and everyone in Japan as well?......so angry.

Edited by peter