Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Thanks for the screenshots, actually the one i exported before even had LOD levels, is it possible with the CFHOD to just replace the shader/texture??

The VF-11b canards are all wrong, i guess they are 90º from the fuselage, i did this way because i thought it looked cooler...

Edited by akt_m

• 2 weeks later...

give me a list of the ships you have done or close to done atleast from an ingame standpoint and I can make the icons for them, I can also do a little weapon balancing, also has anyone from the old teen gotten in touch with you because at one point they said they atleast had most of the models done.

• 4 weeks later...
As for the old team, not a word.

yes, sadly it's like a year w/o any news about their version of mod... ppl @modDB saying its dead... sad to read it all the time... but its true actually... too bad. first hm macross mod was sweet. i remember when i saw super valkyrie or sdf-1 for the first time there... damn i was happy like a 5 years old o.o

ohh and to be honest... for me they could just make a port of the mod from first HW to HW2, cause player interface fails in first HW... T_T

*drools*

Edited by crescens

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like I let you guys down. I apologize if it kinda stalled, but with the Birth of my Daughter, I'm doing the Daddy thing now. I'm glad to be back in the Macross World now, because she's older and my time is becoming a little more free. I'll be lurking around.

I feel like I let you guys down. I apologize if it kinda stalled, but with the Birth of my Daughter, I'm doing the Daddy thing now. I'm glad to be back in the Macross World now, because she's older and my time is becoming a little more free. I'll be lurking around.

Congrats! Good luck with your daughter. Also hope you dont give up on the mod D:

For future reference, if somebody decides to bail on the internet for a while to take care of their children, I won't feel let down. In fact, I'll give 'em props. Congratulations.

• 4 weeks later...

I just will quickly say that... NO! We are not dead! I know, it's amazing, it's incredible, but a very talented work-a-holic macross maniac, Shadow, has begun working on Macross Generations for HW2, using our models. If they're in game in that mod, they're in game in ours! Check out the thread here on the Fan Works board for lots of details...

Things are progressing really quickly.

Nearly all Zentradi units are in game. Macross is in game, textured, animated, transforms, and still has turrets!!! It's fixing the valks now that is the main objective, and hopefully some sort of alpha release is just around the corner.

Show your support by posting on the other thread or here while we modders once again have momentum. Your support and encouragement helps a whole heap, you have no idea - so does the awesomeness of seeing something in game and animated that you worked on on and off over the last nine years (from HW1 and onwards)...

No one can be ATLAS and carry a mod on their shoulders AND handle all that RL throws at them.

I am very happy though for the team that Shadow has been able to get you over teh hump that had stlled development for such a long time though.

Progress gets made in increments when talent and time are available, it's very fortuitous when you get BOTH at the same time!

I'm experiencing that myself for Star Blazers thank's to the StarShatter team. We both benefited from a collaboration of resources and progress is being made.

Still cheer leading for you guys despite any perceived differences on your end! :)

It's always a great feeling to see light at the end of the tunnel even if you still have a ways to get there.

Definitely looking forward to this mod!!

Hopefully, eventually we'll see custom maps, but I am aware map making for HW is not an easy task...

Tell me about it I have been playing with them trying to get some Macross esq ones to work fo a while now

Tell me about it I have been playing with them trying to get some Macross esq ones to work fo a while now

Well a background or proficiency in trig is somewhat necessary from what I understand.

Background changes are fairly easy, but anything beyond that gets complicated.

Edited by Zinjo

Hey guys - long time no see since HW1 and the old website.

Well Lestat I have gone thru and read most of the posts on thru page 17 (47 pages and we had a Presidential Ceremony today - woo! So I'll catch up over the next few days or so) and yeah, the progress is absolutely outstanding. This is much better then most of us could have hoped for. It looks like you guys have most of everything handled though - as I only know basic wireframing and modeling I doubt I could contribute much, but I am a fair concept artist and I am a Macross Historian: If there is something about Macross thats known, unknown, or hypothosized? I have either heard it, logged it, saved it, or know where to find it fast. Likewise I have been in on R&D Page development for games before: Working on Stat, Mod, Dimension and time issues with similar games (especially in relation to scale issues and movement speeds)

If any of this is useful, let me know. And I am sure I will find out from reading - but is a Protoculture race still table or did you decide to disclude it afterall? (With Macross Frontier a lot was revealed about the race, not to mention there seemed to be a lot of confussion earlier in this thread that the Protocultures and Supervision Army where somehow the same, or the technological disparity between their Birth race as the PCultures, and the creation of their clone armies of the Zentraedi, Meltrandi, and what their respect roles are as military units.)

• 3 weeks later...
I had to stop all my HW2 conversions because my old comp died and my new one refuses to install/run the tools (run time errors!)

I think not... Not only would it be embarrassing, but I would find such a thing annoying myself in their place! :)

[if this is a VISTA thing pls let me know any possible solutions... It would be appreciated!]

With Vista SP 1, the Compatability mode should be set to WinXPSP2 mode and then the game will run flawlessly. I currently run HW2 on my Vista machine., and for those looking to the future already... Windows 7 will run the game as well.

If you need a beta tester, let me know!

Hey Digital,

If you can get in touch with Chthonic, we need some game balance stuff done. We played our first test game of the new mod last weekend. It was very sexy, although of course, not everything works.

Transforming macross though!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Digital,

If you can get in touch with Chthonic, we need some game balance stuff done. We played our first test game of the new mod last weekend. It was very sexy, although of course, not everything works.

Transforming macross though!

Chthonic? Roger dodger. Be nice to sharpen my teeth on something again - just had a death in the family, father figure who fostered my technical skills, so now I am all about the engineering things, lol :ph34r: = just in case I cant find him though, can you hit me with an email with his addy? Ty. DigitalVFX1@aol.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As a game in itself HW 2 Is worth playing, you'll see lots of BSG inspired stuff and it will already have a sort of Macrossy feel when you get your self all capital shipped up and duke it out with the opposition.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,dont stop the work your almost there and all macross mods ive seen so far for hw2 have ben abandoned for some reson ... i got high hopes for this 1 sounds like its on tracks too with all the models in games and stuff. ive seen alot of good things going on for this sexy mod.

I was wonmdering if u guys will do 1 VF1A and then make it so u build add ons for the weapons it carries?? or u will build a bunch of the same VF with diff load outs?

Edited by Dermeister

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, you guys are still working on this after all these years? Very cool.

Glad I hung onto HW2. It'll be nice having another good mod to complement Star Wars Warlords and Gundam.

(I wonder if there's a way to get all the factions from those mods, the original game, and the DYRL one going at once....that'd be hilarious.)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this is still alive.

I just reinstalled HW2 to take a look at the "new" shaders I didn't find out about until yesterday. Will post screenshots when I get them working to hopefully galvanize some action into this mod.

• 2 months later...

Every now and again I feel compelled to come back here and find out how my first mod contributions are going. Really unusual, comparing how I (and my art!) was like back in 2004 to today. Though it's a shame to see that the lethargy and RL problems of the rest of the team finally caught up with them.

...And just as I've taught myself how to 3D model! It seems as though the Macross-ites managed to get most of the ships done already though, and I doubt anything I did would be of serious contribution even if the mod was still alive (aside from perhaps fixing up the horrid spaceships that I foisted on the team wayback when!).

At any rate I'm sad to see the mod finally succumb... unless there are embers still there?

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe someday it'll come back.

Every now and again I feel compelled to come back here and find out how my first mod contributions are going. Really unusual, comparing how I (and my art!) was like back in 2004 to today. Though it's a shame to see that the lethargy and RL problems of the rest of the team finally caught up with them.

...And just as I've taught myself how to 3D model! It seems as though the Macross-ites managed to get most of the ships done already though, and I doubt anything I did would be of serious contribution even if the mod was still alive (aside from perhaps fixing up the horrid spaceships that I foisted on the team wayback when!).

At any rate I'm sad to see the mod finally succumb... unless there are embers still there?

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe someday it'll come back.

From time to time, there's an update in Macross Generations, which I believe is the spiritual successor of this mod. I'm not sure if your work made the leap, but that project is still alive. Macross Aria is still alive too. Not a gaming mod by any stretch, but I like to think of it as cut from the same cloth, since the production team is sort of mod-like. You're welcome to check out what we're doing, we can always use more help.

• 2 weeks later...

The fasted way to resurrect any mod is to release SOMETHING!

I know coders and modellers are perfectionists and that is to be commended, but my experience in the modding community was one of build, release and update - repeat, until the mod was either finished or the players stop playing it.

You may only have a buggy Alpha candidate right now, but release it anyway and set up a feedback forum so the users can inform the team of the "new" bugs. You need to get it out there not only to maintain interest from the fans, but also to get the positive feedback to the team to motivate and inspire them to continue.

The fastest way to motivate and attract talent is with fan buzz about a project.

Promising a release does nothing for the mod. Showing videos and "plans" mean little until a fan gets to actually PLAY it.

The mods I was involved in would start by simply swapping out the vehicles and weapons on existing maps. Then over time the mapping team would have the custom maps ready to be included. It was all a very piecemeal production, but the players didn't care.

Each release was anticipated with greater excitement over the last and that's what you want! Players will enjoy their little taste of joy and it will easily tide them over until the next release is ready.

Guys don't sit on this, get it out there and let the players get their hands on it. The rest will take care of it self.

Trust me...B))