Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Always wondered what became of that Megaroad model you had Lestat...

Still waiting. Anyone seriously wanting my attention can throw darts (or messages) on my Deviantart profile...

Someone recently asked me if they're going to be frigates for UN Spacy- I was wondering if you could cook something up in that mind of your's

That's the best render in 2D and 3D that I have seen of that Flashback 2012 Megaroad-01 support ship! Kudos!

Though, on another forum, the consensus was that the nose of that ship was taken from a Zentraedi destroyer and that it contained Zentraedi sensor technology. That was about the extent of what was agreed upon.

That's the best render in 2D and 3D that I have seen of that Flashback 2012 Megaroad-01 support ship! Kudos!

Though, on another forum, the consensus was that the nose of that ship was taken from a Zentraedi destroyer and that it contained Zentraedi sensor technology. That was about the extent of what was agreed upon.

Hehehe... I bet it's the only one you've ever seen. lol

There's more work to be done fine tuning it, but we're happy with out new guy Marcelo. Keep it up mate.

I've ordered a new stick of RAM. Once that's in, I ought to be back into the modelling again properly, though I've got a lot of projects going at the moment. Next up will be the Meltohlauendy picket.

I don't suppose any of you mod guys have been talking to Cmdr lately?

Someone recently asked me if they're going to be frigates for UN Spacy- I was wondering if you could cook something up in that mind of your's

hmm....haven't been thinking of the Macross universe for a while. I'll need to stare at some UNS ships for a while for something to gel- fortunately I do have Miyatake's book...

Didn't we have that gunship flying around? Or do we want more than that kind of frigate? How many guns, what's the principle armament? Variants on a base design? Or am I unleashed for this one?

hmm....haven't been thinking of the Macross universe for a while. I'll need to stare at some UNS ships for a while for something to gel- fortunately I do have Miyatake's book...

Didn't we have that gunship flying around? Or do we want more than that kind of frigate? How many guns, what's the principle armament? Variants on a base design? Or am I unleashed for this one?

Unleashed is such a powerful term - I say do the Damn thang my man- you're a genius with your designs

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

Thumbnail sketched this earlier this evening. Came home and thumnailed it again in photoshop.

Seattle-class Frigate, origionally designated "Mobile Gun Platform plan 23". Based heavily on the construction of the 10 ARMD space platforms as a cheaper alternative space warship. Was rejected initially because of lack of capability, but reinstated after the Zjentohaluedy attack due to ease of manufacture. The design was modified to carry OTEC beam cannons (Now applicable on warships of this cale) and pressed into service in the UN. Spacy as a picket.

The Seattle-class carries a small hanger that is capable of holding four VF-1A fighters or their size equivelant. Three were modified after the war into recovery vessels. After space war one many of these frigates were scrapped or loaded into fold-capable freighters for transfer to colony worlds. Although dated, the design is still present on many UNS border planets as late as 2047.

Hey does HW2 playable in Vista? anyone tried! Getting a new system next year. :p

Hmmm good question.

From most of the software we have tried in the office at work (inc games) possibly no. Vista looks good but is a real white elephant as far as legacy stuff is concerned.

I have a workstation with Vista I`ll put it on over the weekend and give it a go.

Edited by big F

Ok...

Any other ships I should be concepting other than UNS frigates?

Also, weren't they happy with the one? We only have one kind of Space Carrier and one kind of mass-production VF, after all.

Or should I try making a Variable Bomber?

A variable bomber sounds cool. Afterall there is some concept artwork arround for such things.

On the Vista question

So far I have a workstation with RC2 fully updated etc with 1.5 gig of ram and a 2 gig processor and 256 meg graphics card.

Installed it on a clean nothing but Vista install and patched it to the lastest HW2 patch.

No joy it just bugs out saying it cant validate my disk in the time limit.

Put it into compatability mode and no good

Tried running the autorun app on the CD and it starts to run and then just flashes a blank screen twice and terminates. the same thing happens with Compatability mode.

Tied it without the patch and just got error 15. I dont know what that is.

Run it in CM and the same thing happened.

So it think its safe to say that this is yet another programme that Vista hates. I can count on one hand the apps that do work on Vista. :angry:

A variable bomber sounds cool. Afterall there is some concept artwork arround for such things.

On the Vista question

So far I have a workstation with RC2 fully updated etc with 1.5 gig of ram and a 2 gig processor and 256 meg graphics card.

Installed it on a clean nothing but Vista install and patched it to the lastest HW2 patch.

No joy it just bugs out saying it cant validate my disk in the time limit.

Put it into compatability mode and no good

Tried running the autorun app on the CD and it starts to run and then just flashes a blank screen twice and terminates. the same thing happens with Compatability mode.

Tied it without the patch and just got error 15. I dont know what that is.

Run it in CM and the same thing happened.

So it think its safe to say that this is yet another programme that Vista hates. I can count on one hand the apps that do work on Vista. :angry:

Nice to know some answer from you guys! anyway, its worth to wait for the fixed (if there is any for Vista) and the final mod releases! ;)

on the Vista front. It is fair to say that the finnished version (if you can call any of Microsofts O.S`s finnished, and by that I mean they are a progressive thing via updates and patches) will have proper support for the legacy stuff.

Similarly there could be a patch or code update to allow it to run under Vista, the unfortunate thing is that as this game is already off the radar it may never happen unless some fans do one. The games market has moved on and is very ficle when it comes to spending time and money of old products.

Worse case is Vista users will need to have a dual boot system with XP and Vista so they can use old stuff.

This is what I have at the moment. Vista RC2 and XP pro. works o.k for me. Undoubtably when Vista comes out XP disks will get cheap and you can already pick them up including legit holograms on eBay for a few bucks/pounds/euros/yen/whatever.

Keeep up the great work guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

New Update- Work being done on the Replenishment Vessel

Just curious is that from one of the games, or something that was added for the mod.

Thanks.

Wow ... hadn't checked in on this in a while, but I'm glad I did. I just bought a new PC last month with a "free upgrade to Vista" thingie when it hits retail ... I was debating on whether to do the upgrade or not (was about to settle on "when a DirectX 10 game hits the shelf I just can't live without since I have a shiny new 8800GTX to take advantace of it), but after hearing about this I may stick with XP indefinitely. Macross mod aside (oh c'mon guys ... how far out is the beta now?), HW2 was one of my all time favorite games and still gets loaded up once or twice a month.

Why Relic couldn't sell copies of this by the boatload is beyond me ... I wish someone would come out with a new RTS in this genre that take advantage of the new video cards capabilities, but since the HW series bombed so badly at retail, I'm sure it's scared off any of the development houses that could do it justice. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Where can this models be obtained from since the works seem to be completed as far as I can tell from looking over the pages here. But can't find anywhere to get them from I would very much like to be able to use these. I even checked out the site refered to several times but nothing posted there everything I found posted there indicates still works in progress. But then how are these models already done? Just trying to find out I'm only after a couple of different models for the mod anyway but If can get them all that would be nice. Anyone that can help would be appreciated.