Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Holy Damn, that is hot, and if you could get them to actually fire the nukes that would be over the top. Imagine recreating the openning battle from DYRL, or at least the nuke intercept sequence, man that would awesome.

Damn that is just nice!

Sorry with the pics Im having trouble getting reasonable angles from flashback.

I do recommend one thing though. For the nukes I recommend they fire off their arms too, like ya know how its fired off the Fast Pack Armour in that small compartment. I remember seeing in this in the YouTube ACE 2 Intro video when the Roy VF-IS finishes off the Ship by launching from the arm.

Ya know what I mean right? :huh:

So wait... the Zentreadi have glow-in-the-dark-paint-logo markings?

Other than this, FINALLY. And best of all, they fly in squadrons :D

422423[/snapback]

I don't think it's glow-in-the-dark so much as the colour contrast (white on dark.)

Is the shadow producing script not working or something?

Not really. It's more like product advertizing.

If you translate the characters, it comes out to reading something like ESBELBIEN, which is the makers of the Battlepod.

424202[/snapback]

I dont want to sound dumb I never really gave the characters on the Zentran mecha any regard but your post got me thinking how did you translate it ?? What I mean is- is there a Zentran translator type thing or such that you can write in Zentran.

I dont want to sound dumb I never really gave the characters on the Zentran mecha any regard but your post got me thinking how did you translate it ?? What I mean is- is there a Zentran translator type thing or such that you can write in Zentran.

424321[/snapback]

Here's a list of dictionaries: http://macross.anime.net//story/zentradi_d...nary/index.html

Here's a link to the actual Zentraedi "alphabet": http://www.omniglot.com/writing/zentlardy.htm

Yeah- I keep on doing this

[/b]VF-1S with RMS

Will the Strike Cannon be able to fire?

424232[/snapback]

It already does :p

424874[/snapback]

How about the missles?

Will they actually launch, and not still be their till everything is fired? Meh.. -_-

I'm having trouble with your previous mod, is their a possibilitie in this mod we can activate the transformation of a Valkyrie or the Macross itself? Maybe able to switch it to automatic whenever we feel like it?

Cause in your last mod, I could not get the SDF-1 to transform no matter what I did even though it was said on the site. Quick explanation of that would be great.

Valkyries were fine though.

I'm 50% done with the Megaroad sketches, its real hard to get some accurate frames from Flashback, the internet does not help either. <_<

Edit: But other than that it looks you guys are doing well.

Edited by Ishimaru

How about the missles?

Will they actually launch, and not still be their till everything is fired? Meh..  -_-

I'm having trouble with your previous mod, is their a possibilitie in this mod we can activate the transformation of a Valkyrie or the Macross itself? Maybe able to switch it to automatic whenever we feel like it?

Cause in your last mod, I could not get the SDF-1 to transform no matter what I did even though it was said on the site. Quick explanation of that would be great.

Valkyries were fine though.

Missiles do indeed disappear after launching (though they do not directly launch - instead the missiles launch, then they disappear off of the launching unit after the launch is complete). In addition, launching missiles (of any kind) is a special action which must be manually executed (great for valks, not so great for other units).

Transformation is planned, but as of now, on-command transformation is not a possibility. Stance- or attack-based automatic transformation (without changes in fight/flight characterisitics) is currently possible, but the Valkyries have not yet been animated. And while we want the Macross to transform, it may not be feasible, since we haven't found a way to change the collision/hit-detection meshes during transformation. However, since I was the one dealing with scripting/coding and I've been busy, I don't think we've got very far in determining this for sure yet.

Don't forget to check the forums at http://www.dyrl.vze.com !

• 5 weeks later...

Bump...

I know its been awhile but is the mod done now?

Patience friend…you’ll get your mod.

If you rush this mob you’ll get a bang up job and that’s not what this mod is about!

Think of this mod as more of an artwork then a themed add-on to an already great game.

If you rush this mob you’ll get a bang up job and that’s not what this mod is about!

Think of this mod as more of an artwork then a themed add-on to an already great game.

Ok ok I will be patient, I just thought the project was dead.

I have been out of the loop for a while due to my honour studies but from what I've seen previously of Lestat and the team I know they are a committed to the project and will continue. We all have to remember that they are doing this out of love, they take out precious hours of their day that they could be spending with their family, friends, work and social activities and put it towards this mod.

If you would like this thing completed faster, have a love of Macross and have any design skills please step-up and put some of that love towards the project. We need textures, writers, voice actors, programmers, modellers…anything MM related. Just say who you are and what you can do and I’m sure the team can find you a job.

From what I know they are currently working on lagging and import issues due to all the great models. So if you have any HomeWorld 2 modding experience please let the team know.

As long as we have Macross to inspire us this project will never die and may even be passed on to our children's children if thats what it takes!

I’m feeling inspired now so Ill get back to working on that large 3D green lemon thing for Chthonic. :wacko:

Edited by SkyDancer

I'm still working out a lot of issues IRL (it's still early in the semester, and I'm trying to get a part-time job as well, and I'm trying to keep some campus organizations I'm involved with afloat); however, I should be able to get started on nailing down a couple of issues soon.

Devs, check the dev forums (or contact me) over the next few days so I can make sure that everyone has the necessary up-to-date ship and source files for the latest batch of work I did.

I have been out of the loop for a while due to my honour studies but from what I've seen previously of Lestat and the team I know they are a committed to the project and will continue. We all have to remember that they are doing this out of love, they take out precious hours of their day that they could be spending with their family, friends, work and social activities and put it towards this mod.

Don't worry fans- I'm still around and the other guys are too - we haven't forgot about this thing- about 6+ years in the making-

• 4 weeks later...

The mod is still active, though not as much as it has been earlier in the year. I've had heaps of computer problems and RL issues. However there has been some progress on the HW2 side of things - which was what was really holding us back, as it was mostly Chthonic, Skydancer & I doing modelling that represented most of the recent work.

Now we've got a new member working on the mod in the modelling department, and I'm getting back into modelling myself - my next project being the Meltohlauendy Picket.

I'm not the right person to update on the actual progress of the mod itself, as I'm in the modelling/texturing department. Cmdr Fokker is working on that (to my knowledge; it's been a while).

I'll be back on team soon possibly in another 4 or so weeks when I have the end of year break and can relax from my honours research. I will most likely finish off that big green lemon and might attempt some textures for those models.

I’m also going to start downloading some HW2 editors and see if I can pitch in with some code. Hang tight kids great things will happen soon!