Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

I thought that you were retexturing it yourself cmdr? Does your presence mean that you've got some time to help out? We really need to get people working on the mod that know the HW2 side of things... Otherwise the Mod will be little more than fancy models.

I haven't the time or motivation to work on textures. (And I wasn't redoing any textures anyway - maybe some adjustments, mainly contrasts to adjust for in-game lighting, but that's it)

I do have the time and motivation to work on the conversions and code-related work, though (hence why I've been asking for several weeks now for anyone with updated stuff to get in contact with me).

Edited by Cdr Fokker

I haven't the time or motivation to work on textures. (And I wasn't redoing any textures anyway - maybe some adjustments, mainly contrasts to adjust for in-game lighting, but that's it)

I do have the time and motivation to work on the conversions and code-related work, though (hence why I've been asking for several weeks now for anyone with updated stuff to get in contact with me).

405160[/snapback]

ARGGGHHHH- Please contact me

Well maybe I might have been confusing myself... but still, there are differnet colored ships in the Melt Navy that differ from the all-knowing purple.

And I suppose all of us will be playing with the iconography overlays to find out which ships are ours... I mean, if I'm Zjent against another Zjent...

edit:

Somehow I missed two pages...

Yeah Chthonic- that's the pic I know of.

And what's the reason that you're so desperate to talk to me? (intercepted PM via Relicnews) For the unknown, my name is "Norsehound" there.... as it is for many other places on the internet.

Edited by Boxer

Where would the Zentraedi be without their cannon fodder- Here's an updated REGULT done by Major Fokker- Updated texture by Myself

405397[/snapback]

Looking sweet. All we need now is to use some smoothing groups on that thing.

Where would the Zentraedi be without their cannon fodder- Here's an updated REGULT done by Major Fokker- Updated texture by Myself

405397[/snapback]

405488[/snapback]

If the UVs aren't changed with Chthonic's updates, then we already have full LOD'ed Regult (and variants) with proper normals.

405397[/snapback]

405488[/snapback]

If the UVs aren't changed with Chthonic's updates, then we already have full LOD'ed Regult (and variants) with proper normals.

405655[/snapback]

they were changed

They were changed? That's too bad. If only things were as easy as in HW1 to mod. Delphy's tool kicked arse, you could do everything you needed to from it... And it didn't require using Maya...

well, I just got HW2, I'm looking at the instructions and the CD case (got them maybe an hour ago, lol)

so, is this thing (the mod) availiable for download?

No. It is not. It's in development, release date: when it's done. Realistically, still months away. Depends on whether or not we get enough of the HW2 talent working on the conversion process.

*reads, then forehead drops on table* I see. I can help Beta test if need be then.

EDIT: On the HW1 mod, I was refining stats until they were right for "anime magic", but I'm not good at doing 3D and visualization stuff...

Edited by Lightning 06

Sorry There hasn't been any updates in a while- some RL issue came up- back to the grind

408014[/snapback]

Take all the time you need!!

408018[/snapback]

*whacks 7H4_D00D3 with a Devilfish* <_<

Or at least enough time to get it done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I’ve been out of the loop for a while guys, had exams, personal problems, social problems, societal problems etc…but here is the nous rifle anyhow.

As for authenticity well I really only had one ambiguous picture to go by and there is no real legitimate information out on how this thing should look. If you think I have it wrong don’t waste your time by describing it just draw a picture showing the gun in profile and I will make the changes after clearance with NamlessAdvisor.

Go team!

post-3736-1151384117_thumb.jpg

post-3736-1151384128_thumb.jpg

post-3736-1151384147_thumb.jpg

Message to all devs:

Please, could you all make a post on your current progress and activity status on our internal dev forums, to allow an organization of future progress and implementation of the current stuff into HW2. Keep an eye on our internal forums for more updates.

Alfie

• 3 weeks later...
Good,...working on a Beta right now...hehe

416794[/snapback]

Wow...hate to ask but when do you plan on knowing the release date for the awesome mod you guys are working on?

I looked at the pictures and they are amazing!

You guys have nearly perfected the mod in detail :)

This topic needs to be kept alive.

That's not to say that your awesome talents are not appreciated. Indeed, your original stuff is kickass. It's too bad Studio Kappa is disolved, you would have made an excellent member.

You still could extrapolate from the ships seen in Flashback when the megaroad launches. We have no design sketches for those... And they would give us a more accurate picture of what UN Spacy ships ought to look like in the aftermath of the war.

400780[/snapback]

I know the post is a little old, but do you would not mind if I made a few sketches of the Megaroad? Possibly place it in future patches (If your not going to include it in mod)?

I really want to help with this mod, it looks good, and besides I have nothing to do since its summer.

Edited by Dean

Hi im new to this mod and i love macross (sorry not robotech due XD) , keep up the good work on this good mod and hope it will be out soon ( i can smell beta XD)

sorry if some of my words are spelt wrong , i dont do much spell check XD , and the folowing writings FIGHTERS will include all VF series and its oponints/enermies

But i want to say instead of space harvesting ( which isnt macross style gameplay and not fun ) why cant we have refinary stations ( each asteriod feild will be repalced or added with one space refinary station beside them) they are not moveable but its upgradable with sub systems (self defence systems and improve ru injections) .

when your tropps catptureing ship ( the only reason why the mod keeps that kind of ship XD) catpture it it gives your RU (a sum of money) injections per every time period you set in game ( up to creators of this mod) .

while also your enermy can destroy it or recapture it from you ( but the station MUST be rebulidable after destroyed or game play will turn dead) , so a repair ship ( or droid what ever it is in the mod that does the job) should also be able to repair it too , also your mother ship should t least giver you a small amount of RU injection per a time period to give you minimal run budget.

please consider this option , as it makes the players focus on fleet batlle and not be over extraced from dumb harvesting problems

GOT SOME OTHER QUESTIONS/suggestions FOR THIS MOD :

1) is the green pumkin large space fortress in " DO YOU REMMEBR LOVE" going to be with the green dudes ? you know the big boss dude XD sorry i forgot the offical name of it., it will be cool to see it fire its primary gun.

2)sound like the macross itself cant be transformable in skirmish mod , heard about in might happen in champian due is it ?

3)so will teh fighetrs at least be transformable ? ( just two models is already enough , the figter mod and the robot mod) will it be manully triggered or auto by AI ?

4) how is the sheild fucntion in the animations be inplented in this mod ? ( using the sheild sepecail function in the orginal game ? ( does it only block beam weapon or all weapon , whats the recharge rate or in what form ?)

5) how are main weapons system be like in the mod ? will it have a reasonable recharge rate ? power ? hit rate ? visal and sounding effects ?

6) hope most ships dont need us to BUILD SUBSYSTEMS when they are produced ( as by common sence a military product should be a complete product not a SEMI product XD ) , unless theres good reason to upgrade it ( exp like vf1 heavy armour system ? or any examples ?) , anyway i really dont want ships have to buy every basic weapon or rader or any commonly equiped stuff to let us waste time and resorce on building it on a ship.

BUT weapon/engine/rader/comunication systems should be destroyable , so a rebuild option should be included on ships once the sub system is destoryed

7) so how about the reasearch systems ? any feature said ?

8) please no cost(RU) for hyperdrive jump in game.( i mean actual hyperspcace jump on the stratigic map )........its just funny.........but recharge time should be very long once used, and different kind of ship should have DIFFERENT recharge rate , so planing will be more done ( oh and hope fighters have to be in dock to hyperdrive , so no single fighter will suddnely pope up but maybe for samll scout ships/fighters having the system is reasonable XD) , maybe two bar under the health bar can show the recharge rate of the hyperdrive and main weapon fire rate

9) Hope AI will be improved ( actually i mean macross style , mother ships act more battleship like , fighters act fighters and not like platforms and hit and run tactics used for fighters too ,AI docking will be more frequnt at least for hyperspace time , any comments on the AI features in this mod ?

10) can fighters amo be limited so it needs to redock ? not ships due XD( also some scripting thyat AI make figters to dock for that right ?)

11) hope background music will be macross music XD

12) more macross style maps for skirmish mod ( bigger too, current 6 player map is still too small , less aseriod feild can improve lagging on mutiplayer so make maps with less aseriods , actually the space refinary idea i gave improves this XD)

13)so when mother ship is blown up , will there be chance to rebuild it or game over instatly ?

14) so production factilty will be ALL in mother ship , or also in other flag ships too ? ( dont think battle ships and cruisers should due XD) , please make production function foucsed on certain ships , not all ships....

15) if sub systems is still be destoryable ? PLEASE make them worth thier price........no destoryed in like 10 second like in the orignal hw2 game XD ( but production sub systems shouldnt be destroyable since its INSIDE a ship , unlike weapon systems )

16) can super weapons on ships be manully trigered only ?(when player is using) i mean not shot by it self when the ship attcks ( i mean like the mega beam canon on macross should be a special ability button for players to chose when to fire and targeting with a long recharge time )

17) realistic docking slots ( i mean if how many figters can macrosss carry , that shpould be the unit slot on the ship in the mod)

18) hope fighters will come in foramtion , i mean 3 in a unit ( so when caculating unit dockinmg slots it should be cinsidered that one unit has 3 fighters ), but theres eceptiosn of corse like hero unit ? (the skull squrdrum , or any other suggestions ?)

Edited by whitewolfmxc

That's not to say that your awesome talents are not appreciated. Indeed, your original stuff is kickass. It's too bad Studio Kappa is disolved, you would have made an excellent member.

You still could extrapolate from the ships seen in Flashback when the megaroad launches. We have no design sketches for those... And they would give us a more accurate picture of what UN Spacy ships ought to look like in the aftermath of the war.

400780[/snapback]

I know the post is a little old, but do you would not mind if I made a few sketches of the Megaroad? Possibly place it in future patches (If your not going to include it in mod)?

I really want to help with this mod, it looks good, and besides I have nothing to do since its summer.

418521[/snapback]

Go ahead, let's see what you got. The megaroad is a batty to create. I had to stop modelling it because I got too big a headache, but you're welcome to try.

so i guess everyone here thinks my last post was just crap.....ok......hows the progress of the mod ?

420371[/snapback]

No, it's just that I'm not an expert on the homeworld side of things, I'm a modeller and an artist. I don't know what is capable of being achieved at the moment. We shall see. We will be trying to make things as close to macross as possible.

I believe there will not be upgrading constantly for fighters. Different versions with different armaments will be available. We will probably use some sort of research system.

We will be trying our best to make the motherships act like battleships, otherwise there's talk of not using motherships if possible, and making each side use a carrier/flagship (a totally new class perhaps) as to avoid the bulkiness of mothership units and their inadequacy in combat (won't fire main guns, etc)

As for balancing and costs and such, I'm not the one to talk to.

No, it's just that I'm not an expert on the homeworld side of things, I'm a modeller and an artist. I don't know what is capable of being achieved at the moment. We shall see. We will be trying to make things as close to macross as possible.

I believe there will not be upgrading constantly for fighters. Different versions with different armaments will be available. We will probably use some sort of research system.

We will be trying our best to make the motherships act like battleships, otherwise there's talk of not using motherships if possible, and making each side use a carrier/flagship (a totally new class perhaps) as to avoid the bulkiness of mothership units and their inadequacy in combat (won't fire main guns, etc)

Well if you use the "Carrier" class as your battleships and modify the code for their 'main guns', I'm pretty they are capable of producing fighter type units and smaller units.

As for the mother ships, those could be bases that are within a system. I'd suggest have them at a fixed location around the fringes so as to create a base of operations from which to build capital ships but not necessarily close enough to the action to get in the way.

As for whitewolfmxc's idea of the "Refinery Stations" or rather "Mining Stations", I'd agree that that would be a better route, in that your collectors would still have to go to them for materials, but wouldn't actually do the harvesting themselves.

thks for the comments , so is all the units being textured ?

and maybe the colletors will be SPAWN from the refinary station (atomaticlly but they can be destoryed but the station will still keep spawning them after a period of time if the collectors are under limit and every station has a limit to collectors you can only increase the limit through upgrades to it ) so once you captured the station it will do the job it self ( more upgrades spawn more collectors maybe) , and pelase make the station have a MODERATE ability to defend it self......i dont want to spend half my vfs just to protect them

and what do your guys think of the idea for ships have all nessecary sub systems arleady built when purchased a ship ? ( i explained in my last post ) , and the production facilty as a built in system ( not a subsystem so you cant destory it from the OUTSIDE )

?last that a small amount of RU injection every given time period from your mothership or fortress ( its better for helping the AI also)

Edited by whitewolfmxc

thks for the comments , so is all the units being textured ?

and maybe the colletors will be SPAWN from the refinary station (atomaticlly but they can be destoryed but the station will still keep spawning them after a period of time if the collectors are under limit and every station has a limit to collectors you can only increase the limit through upgrades to it ) so once you captured the station it will do the job it self ( more upgrades spawn more collectors maybe) , and pelase make the station have a MODERATE ability to defend it self......i dont want to spend half my vfs just to protect them

and what do your guys think of the idea for ships have all nessecary sub systems arleady built when purchased a ship ? ( i explained in my last post ) , and the production facilty as a built in system ( not a subsystem so you cant destory it from the OUTSIDE )

?last that a small amount of RU injection every given time period from your mothership or fortress ( its better for helping the AI also)

420555[/snapback]

About the RU injection.. That is actually built into HW and HW2 so that is, and should be optionable.. Ive played somemods were that is the only possibility, and they become boring quite fast cause of the lack of tactics.. The one who creates the space crafts in shortest amount of time wins.. I think one of the things that makes strategi games so fun is just cause of material/cash handeling.. You lose one strategy aspect wenn you make the choosen resource endless and automatic..

I like the idea of rfinary stations. Much time is spent on building collectors and the time they take on them to transport its load to any reciever. Ive played both games and that is actually why i stopped playing.. Collectors took to long to collect, and the automatic RU injections was to easy..

Identic87: no i mean ONLY for mother ship to have minimal RU injection something like 5000 RU per 5 mintes( thats a long time in game) , it not a big help but will help you have at least a expectable income if your other incomesource is under attck or what ever cercomestances casued it to make you broke and nothing your could do about it XD

the major income will still be the refinary stations i suggested above XD

(imagine your just spend your last RU on a craft , and suddenly your found out that all your refinary stations are captured or destroyed by enermies (need RU to rebuild station or build capture ship again) , so that means your game over since your dont have any RU left to do any of those, so this idea will at least give youa last chance of survival)

Edited by whitewolfmxc

Identic87: no i mean ONLY for mother ship to have minimal RU injection something like 5000 RU per 5 mintes( thats a long time in game) , it not a big help but will help you have at least a expectable income if your other incomesource is under attck or what ever cercomestances casued it to make you broke and nothing your could do about it XD

the major income will still be  the refinary stations i suggested above XD

(imagine your just spend your last RU on a craft , and suddenly your found out that all your refinary stations are captured or destroyed by enermies (need RU to rebuild station or build capture ship again) , so that means your game over since your dont have any RU left to do any of those, so this idea will at least give youa last chance of survival)

420833[/snapback]

Thats why it should be optionable.. If you play without having any idea of your refinarys stations status, i would say your not much of a strategist. I still think it should be optionable, because then you actually can choose depending on what type of player you are.. If all your refinarys are destroyed you are pretty dead anyway, and 5000 RU wont do any good.. Imagine instead how alla refinarys are dead, and you just have recieved 5000 RU, and your enemies whole fleet comes to your mother ship.. not much of a chanse of survival. What could be cool is some maps with a fixed RU, and a steady income, and some maps with refinarys.. Kinda like arena and regular maps. As for me for example, i love the whole resource handling, as long as it is made easy, and doesnt take to much time. To be able to nock out a player without even coming in real contact with em is really fun, and then massacrate them is real strategy in my opion...

i agree on being optional too , but there is a good reason for it to be compasary for AI

I did say that all refinaries are all buildable after destroyed by repiar ships (medical/construction ships maybe ?) , it can either let us build it back by them , or a new UNOCUPIED refinary station will AUTOMATICLLY pop up at the place where it was destroyed after a perioid of time ( as will the collectors working spawn along side the station ) , so you still have to spend money to capture it AGAIN by ships or what ever , how does this sound ?

and i did say this is to especailly make the AI more though ,the i idea was to stop bad player to destroy all the stations (and the collectors inside) just to think that should murder the AI cause he thinks the AI wont be smart enought ( usually very true) to rebuild the econamy while still having resorces making other units , this will make skirmish quite boring wouldnt it ?