Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Robotech =  :wacko:

Oh and regarding the website:

Anyone good at making websites here, could use some help creating the base layout and site structure.

367891[/snapback]

Heya guys. Im pretty new here but i've been following you for quite some time ;) I'm pretty sure you don't remember but way back in the day I was a member of the La Cueva High School Anime Club.

Anyways, I was just going to inquire about any possible movement that's happening to your website there... I read through some of the history of this thread and saw that there were a couple of people interested in making some templates and stuff, but haven't seen any real progress... >.>

So... If you guys still needed a website, i'd be more than willing to donate my time and know-how! I'm an art student majoring in Graphics Design these days but i've been designing websites for years now and am a Certified Macromedia Professional when it comes to Dreamweaver and Photoshop and all that good stuff.

I'd really like to build you guys a site. B))

Here are some examples of my work...

Sustainable Resources, Inc.

TyRe Enterprises

Studio Cheetah (A current work in Progress)

I create all my designs from scratch so I could really give you guys a nice site if you wanted to put me to work on it ;) As a long-time Macross fan, It would be a heck-of-a lotta fun for me!

Robotech =  :wacko:

Oh and regarding the website:

Anyone good at making websites here, could use some help creating the base layout and site structure.

367891[/snapback]

Heya guys. Im pretty new here but i've been following you for quite some time ;) I'm pretty sure you don't remember but way back in the day I was a member of the La Cueva High School Anime Club.

Anyways, I was just going to inquire about any possible movement that's happening to your website there... I read through some of the history of this thread and saw that there were a couple of people interested in making some templates and stuff, but haven't seen any real progress... >.>

So... If you guys still needed a website, i'd be more than willing to donate my time and know-how! I'm an art student majoring in Graphics Design these days but i've been designing websites for years now and am a Certified Macromedia Professional when it comes to Dreamweaver and Photoshop and all that good stuff.

I'd really like to build you guys a site. B))

Here are some examples of my work...

Sustainable Resources, Inc.

TyRe Enterprises

Studio Cheetah (A current work in Progress)

I create all my designs from scratch so I could really give you guys a nice site if you wanted to put me to work on it ;) As a long-time Macross fan, It would be a heck-of-a lotta fun for me!

393165[/snapback]

sure send me an im and we'll talk

I always assumed the Nna was smaller than the Rau, as I held the Nna as being (to put it loosely) the regult of the Meltlandi forces. It's smaller, faster, and cheaper, and brighter colored :D

392552[/snapback]

Nah, not smaller, just less powerful.

Besides, if you consider the reguld verses the glaug, there's not much of a difference in size.

Aside from that, money does not exist to the Zent/Melt. What is produced is produced. So long as the factory works, its all good.

392576[/snapback]

Cheaper doesn't have to be just money. It could mean parts, material, and time.

I'm happy to get someone else to do the website, but I'd rather it was coded rather than in flash.

393233[/snapback]

No worries. Im not a flash expert. Just really good at creating nice, integrated designs. HTML is my friend and all that jazz.

Besides, Flash would be pretty hard to update regularly as a project like this would need and therefore, an unnecessary complexity for anything more than just some minor eyecandy.

But yeah! I'd really like to make you guys a site :) I've been dying to contribute something to this mod for years.

Edited by IDENO

I'm happy to get someone else to do the website, but I'd rather it was coded rather than in flash.

393233[/snapback]

No worries. Im not a flash expert. Just really good at creating nice, integrated designs. HTML is my friend and all that jazz.

Besides, Flash would be pretty hard to update regularly as a project like this would need and therefore, an unnecessary complexity for anything more than just some minor eyecandy.

But yeah! I'd really like to make you guys a site :) I've been dying to contribute something to this mod for years.

393242[/snapback]

Then by all means, show us what you can do.

Guys, if you're not too very busy, can you post a list of complete/incomplete ships and if possible, their status? like:

SHIP----------------------------------------------------MODELLING----------------TEXTURE

SDF1--------------------------------------------------------Yes------------------------Yes

Q. Rau------------------------------------------------------Yes-------------------------No

Nupetiet Vergnitz-------------------------------------------No-------------------------No

Edited by 7H4_D00D3

Guys, if you're not too very busy, can you post a list of complete/incomplete ships and if possible, their status? like:

SHIP----------------------------------------------------MODELLING----------------TEXTURE

SDF1--------------------------------------------------------Yes------------------------Yes

Q. Rau------------------------------------------------------Yes-------------------------No

Nupetiet Vergnitz-------------------------------------------No-------------------------No

393604[/snapback]

Why? <_<

393604[/snapback]

On the site i'm building, there is a section for that... Just because most of the mods out there have a progress section. Until then, it would probably be a waste of precious time.

So sorry.

393604[/snapback]

On the site i'm building, there is a section for that... Just because most of the mods out there have a progress section. Until then, it would probably be a waste of precious time.

So sorry.

393615[/snapback]

http://www.dyrl.vze.com/phpBB2/posting.php...4d8a43b4d7f12e4

Take a look at the above URL. That should set the record straight. You should have developer access to the messageboards.

The lightwave models are great that SkyDancer is producing. The problem is when we export them to another file format they jump in polys by a good deal. For example, a 800 poly model in Lightwave becomes a 1200 poly model when exported to max...

392442[/snapback]

Yea... I usually only use 3 vert triangles when working in max but I have become a bit lazy working in LW3d cause its just easier to do anything in it with a lower poly count.

After this little episode I can definitely see that there is always a payoff for doing it the hard way!

Any way the lesson has been learnt so its back to triangles but I'm still going to use LW3d as its a bit faster for me anyway.

Perhaps after I have completed a few more models I'll go back over the Rau and Nna and crop them down a bit more as I usually aim for maximum shape and detail and then see how much I can take away without the model losing the shape that its famous for. But at the moment if you were to ask the other devs we really want to get as much done as possible and things like a couple of extra pollys are very important but need to be put aside so that we can some of the harder things done first like the Nous jadeulger.

On that note I don’t mind any one having a go at trying to cut down the polly's on my models by using any method possible. So if you think your up for the challenge and want to give it a go get in touch with Lestat or one of the team and show us what you can do. I would have ago at it myself but at the moment I really want to get this Nous done.

The fact is there really is a job here for anyone out there who is reliable and committed even if your only task is to send a model through a polly reduction program. If you are reliable and committed then I’m sure you will get a spot on the team…..now stop bothering me I got to finish these Nous feet! :huh:

To be honest, even 1300 polys isn't too bad considering today's graphics cards. Really it would just increase the demands on the system. Realistically, we're dealing with what, a two-three year old game now? I don't think it's that much of an issue anymore.

The Macross would look totally different we were seriously worried about polycounts. Its something rediculous like 8000, but on the other hand, it's a one of a kind.

Coincidentally, this new frigate I just finished is about 1300. Well beneath the poly budget of 2500 polys (I think about that for a ship of this class). But that just means we can have larger fleets! Yay.

Picket next, as Chthonic suggested. That would make the fleet ships of the Meltohlauendy complete.

New update from the modelling GENIUS of the mind of Lestat

The Meltrandi- Frigate class

393614[/snapback]

Ok just how did you get a 'depth' on those??? All the art I've seen on the Melt's has been on the sides.

394250[/snapback]

Hey Chrono- we should talk - I want to talk to you about a couple of things-

New update from the modelling GENIUS of the mind of Lestat

The Meltrandi- Frigate class

393614[/snapback]

Ok just how did you get a 'depth' on those??? All the art I've seen on the Melt's has been on the sides.

394250[/snapback]

Hey Chrono- we should talk - I want to talk to you about a couple of things-

394393[/snapback]

My PM is always open. ;)B))

I've been working on some meshes, tweaking and such. Got the VF-4 and realised we need some original head designs for an A model VF-4. Production sketches are only for a VF-X-4 and a VF-4G model (Digital Mission VF-X era model).

Boxer, if you're around, could you get on this. Nanashi, could you provide some advice?

more  Eye Candy plz :lol:  :lol:

395087[/snapback]

Hey guys I've been posting allot of pics- We want to know how you feel - comments, complaints, praises...etc - you're the fans - we want to know

395107[/snapback]

I actually dont know really what to say.. i mean.. you guys just.. *BAM! MASTERPIECE* and then.. someone thorws up another pic, and "*BAM! ANOTHER MASTERPIECE*

Its hard to see you are amateurs.. Im a huge fan of macross, though ive only seen macross plus.. I saw that movie someone did för the game.. and it was.. Beutiful.. I dont know why you even ask.. Those who would say the models are bad, have really bad eyesight, and are probably mad..

You guys are doing an awesome work here, and with school/work and all.. Good games take a couple of years to finish, so i say; Take all the time you need.. ill wait past armageddon to see this game..

BIG UPS!

:D

Thanks for the compliments guys. It means a lot to us that we have such great support. We're proud of the work we're doing, and we all work together, often on the same model to get the best possible result.

We've been doing this a while now, some of us since 2000 when we first started the original DYRL mod for Homeworld I. Our skills have folded lightyears away from where they were back then, and many members have come and gone.

We're still going strong. Indeed, one could wager that in the last week, the mod has seen perhaps the most modelling/texturing activity that it has seen in years. We have every intention of completing this project, thoguh we're a little short staffed in the texturing area as well as the homeworld side of things.

If anyone has even rudimentary UVW unwrapping skills, you could be a great help to this mod. We're looking for people who are happy to work as a team, do their part, and pass their work on to the next person. You have to be able to take a certain degree of criticism because we are aiming for perfection (as you can see from our models).

We prefer people with MAX skills since that's what the active members are using at hte moment, but we're open to anyone with the talent to work in any 3d environment that can be converted back and forth with Deep Explorer.

If you fit that bill, PM me or Chthonic or both.

Coincidentally, I'll be away for the next three days in London.

I concider myself pretty skilled with paint, so i guess im pretty much out fo the league.. <_< What i could do, is look around among my friends.. I think i know a couple that are pretty into this kinda stuff.. Dunno how much into macross they are though.. :unsure:

It's a really beautiful model Chrono, I've actually reduced it further myself. It's down to 1850 polygons in MAX (it jumped to 2000 when I imported it), but I had to add some new detail to the engines, which were inaccurate. Hope you don't mind. Now to some screenshots to get everyone interested again.

post-544-1146734245_thumb.jpg

Sure not a problem, and I do see the changes & they are fine since I made them that way I did it to reflect their size in the housing anyways. ;) When I was going back over the model I actually found alot of changes that could be made. Basically just typical little tweaks.

That aside I now know how to render the high poly model to produce textures from it. :D Just tell me what you'll need.

I've been working on some meshes, tweaking and such. Got the VF-4 and realised we need some original head designs for an A model VF-4. Production sketches are only for a VF-X-4 and a VF-4G model (Digital Mission VF-X era model).

Boxer, if you're around, could you get on this. Nanashi, could you provide some advice?

395025[/snapback]

The VF-4 would have been an awesome fighter if it weren't for that stupid head.

I'll see if I can squeeze in some new heads. How many variants? (A is a go, how many more?)

Also noticed the Tuliqui-Sovis is still on the shiplist (Fanmade Zjent Frigate). Should I dig this one up and do orthos on it also?

Edited by Boxer

395025[/snapback]

The VF-4 would have been an awesome fighter if it weren't for that stupid head.

I'll see if I can squeeze in some new heads. How many variants? (A is a go, how many more?)

Also noticed the Tuliqui-Sovis is still on the shiplist (Fanmade Zjent Frigate). Should I dig this one up and do orthos on it also?

396779[/snapback]

Boxer we need all the Fan designs you can muster- get back to me when you can

Chthonic -there are already a number of designs posted in the concept thread if you wish to start rendering them. The heavy atmopsheric craft is there, as well as the coined "Laundry ship", which Nanashi would probably have to interpret (it's a hanger lineart craft). I have also re-posted my first design of the mining pod for the Zjents, though it's a piloted one and not automatic.

I'll see what I can do about digging up and polishing old works. I also have an idea for the VF-4A head (I'm not sure how much of the VF-4 design should be changed....)