Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

HW2 is so much more capable than HW1 though.

Playing HW1 after HW2 is like...going back to chisels and tablets when you have the the type writer right next to you.

OK, maybe not THAT bad, but HW2 has so many more features and it's much easier to play.

So no luck on the HM1 mod? :(  Guess I'll hafta save for HW2 then.  Regardless, you guys are doing an awsome job *thumbs up*

379710[/snapback]

these guys also made the HW1 mod...... probably dont have the install file though..... i dont have it either, crashing harddrives suck

So no luck on the HM1 mod? :(  Guess I'll hafta save for HW2 then.  Regardless, you guys are doing an awsome job *thumbs up*

379710[/snapback]

I got mine off eBay cheap as Chips brand new much better than the price at the local Game store.

379710[/snapback]

Got version 1.30 and patch for 1.35, if someone knows a good place i could upload it so everyone could have access to it, pm me

So no luck on the HM1 mod? :(   Guess I'll hafta save for HW2 then.  Regardless, you guys are doing an awsome job *thumbs up*

379710[/snapback]

Got version 1.30 and patch for 1.35, if someone knows a good place i could upload it so everyone could have access to it, pm me

380062[/snapback]

an easy site to use is http://rapidshare.de/

Just dropping a line to everyone:

The SDF-1 Macross is finally finished, the texturing complete. I'd like to thank the acadamy... no seriously, it's literally been years, but it's done. However, the new ARMD models are not, so that's what I'll have to get onto next.

This means that for now, the SDF-1 Can only be added in cruiser mode. Still, it's better than nothing. No screenshots - you'd probably nto be able to tell the difference anyway, it's all work around the bridge and tweaking and stuff.

My fellow mod members, I've linked to the max file on the mod's private forums.

Wow it’s amazing to see that you guys are still at it!

I have some skills in lightwave 3D if that will help you out, just let me know what you want me to build or send a picture if you can handle lw objs (here is a zoid I did a while ago to let you see the quality of my work although this ones a bit poly heavy…lol). If your having trouble with transformations for the VF ( I know a lot of people forget the swing arm that joins the hips to the jets nose!)I have a couple of Yamato 1/48’s with their schematics etc.

Oh and my fiancée who is studding to be an English teacher can do voice overs. She has a an extremely slight sexy Russian accent which is perfect for rolling her tongue around zjentohlauedy babble, but hey if a Meltrandi was speaking English wouldn’t she have a slight accent anyway?

P.S. I put a post up on your site. Keep up the great work and let me know if I can help!

post-3736-1143324018.jpg

post-3736-1143324036.jpg

I have some skills in lightwave 3D if that will help you out, just let me know what you want me to build or send a picture if you can handle lw objs (here is a zoid I did a while ago to let you see the quality of my work although this ones a bit poly heavy…lol). If your having trouble with transformations for the VF ( I know a lot of people forget the swing arm that joins the hips to the jets nose!)I have a couple of Yamato 1/48’s with their schematics etc.

Oh and my fiancée who is studding to be an English teacher can do voice overs. She has a an extremely slight sexy Russian accent which is perfect for rolling her tongue around zjentohlauedy babble, but hey if a Meltrandi was speaking English wouldn’t she have a slight accent anyway?

P.S. I put a post up on your site. Keep up the great work and let me know if I can help!

384035[/snapback]

It sounds like you may well be able to aid us on both counts.

I'll have to discuss it with the rest of the team, but right now we're hungering to sink our teeth into some fresh blood. It should help to reinvigorate the mod and get things back into production.

There's plenty of Zjentohlauedy and Meltohlauendy stuff to be modelled, including the Queadluun Rau.

Polycounts we're looking fro for mecha of that size are about 1000 polys.

Capital ships from between 2000 to 5000 depending on size.

384035[/snapback]

It sounds like you may well be able to aid us on both counts.

I'll have to discuss it with the rest of the team, but right now we're hungering to sink our teeth into some fresh blood. It should help to reinvigorate the mod and get things back into production.

There's plenty of Zjentohlauedy and Meltohlauendy stuff to be modelled, including the Queadluun Rau.

Polycounts we're looking fro for mecha of that size are about 1000 polys.

Capital ships from between 2000 to 5000 depending on size.

384052[/snapback]

OK Queadluun Rau sounds good to me

Hopefully it wont come out too square with the poly limit (may need to balance with texturing or should I leave that to your tex master?). But hell if you got a VF under 1500 that can transform then I guess anything is possible.

I’ll report back on progress in about a week’s time depending on my new sleeping arrangement!

Hey is it just me or has the forums at the Dev site crashed?

Please have a look:

http://www.dyrl.vze.com/

Let me know if you can get in!

P.S. the Queadluun-Rau is coming along nicely I was going to post some images at the dev forum but I can’t because of the above problem.

384820[/snapback]

Post them here.

OK here is where I am at with the queadluun-rau things are looking good and the polys are low. I’m going to finish the hands and add the antenna next then start spending some polys on getting details right and maybe even round things off a bit more.

Hey Lestat should I make a duel layer on the maggot missile pods so that she can open up when attacking in game?

Let me know what you think so far and feel free to change what you want when I send the finished thing over!

Hey cool the forums are back up so people can do my poll :)

post-3736-1143746848_thumb.jpg

post-3736-1143746861_thumb.jpg

OK here is where I am at with the queadluun-rau things are looking good and the polys are low. I’m going to finish the hands and add the antenna next then start spending some polys on getting details right and maybe even round things off a bit more.

Hey Lestat should I make a duel layer on the maggot missile pods so that she can open up when attacking in game?

Let me know what you think so far and feel free to change what you want when I send the finished thing over!

Hey cool the forums are back up so people can do my poll :)

385808[/snapback]

Looking good, and yes, make it double layered. We want to animate it to open up if possible. You could even model in the doors properly if you have the polys to spare.

OK Lestat I think she’s just about done. She stands at about 860 poly and the only thing that I can see that needs fixing off-hand is maybe a bit more detail on the back pack or perhaps rounder missile pods but besides that I think she’s fit for texturing.

As for texturing, it’s not my strong point but I can do it if needed but don’t expect anything too spectacular.

Let me know if you want the model now as it stands or after texturing and minor fixes. On that note did you want the file as an obj* or a lwo and do you want it with the arms, pods etc. in different layers or grouped into the one layer?

Oh yea I found it kind of fidgety getting the missile pod doors to open nicely. It could be that I need to take the doors in a bit as well as the missile floor. The way I’m doing it is kind of the way Pac-Man opens his mouth is this correct?

After this one did you want me to start on a Quedluun-Nona or something else maybe the Nousjadeul-ger?

I wont be modelling again until a weeks time cause I need to get an involvement theory essay in for uni :( But after that you can rely on me for more modelling :)

post-3736-1143930968_thumb.jpg

post-3736-1143930984_thumb.jpg

post-3736-1143931002_thumb.jpg

I a different note I made a movie for the MOD a W H I L E ago - it's by no means the best- but any opinions would be cool <_<

opener

386720[/snapback]

Are you bloody kidding me! that’s one of the best intros for a macross game that I have ever seen the models look wicked. Do you still have the Nousjadeul-ger model you could definitely use that in the game after a bit of poly reduction.

I’m loving this mod already and I haven’t even played it yet!

I a different note I made a movie for the MOD a W H I L E ago - it's by no means the best- but any opinions would be cool <_<

opener

386720[/snapback]

Are you bloody kidding me! that’s one of the best intros for a macross game that I have ever seen the models look wicked. Do you still have the Nousjadeul-ger model you could definitely use that in the game after a bit of poly reduction.

386737[/snapback]

SKyDancer, the model looks sweet. You definately have another two or even three hundred polys to spare to put some more detail into that backpack. Well done. Go ahead and make some basic textures, or even if you could just UVWUnwrap it that would be good. Then Chthonic or I can work on the texture and get it on par with the rest of the mod, that is, if that won't offend you. I'll upgrade your account on the mod forums. We can definately use someone like you who knows how to poly budget.

opener

386720[/snapback]

Are you bloody kidding me! that’s one of the best intros for a macross game that I have ever seen the models look wicked.

386737[/snapback]

I seccond that If I had half the skills in that area I`d be stoked.

All I can say is make it longer..... about 20mins should do it :D

opener

386720[/snapback]

386737[/snapback]

SKyDancer, the model looks sweet. You definately have another two or even three hundred polys to spare to put some more detail into that backpack. Well done. Go ahead and make some basic textures, or even if you could just UVWUnwrap it that would be good. Then Chthonic or I can work on the texture and get it on par with the rest of the mod, that is, if that won't offend you. I'll upgrade your account on the mod forums. We can definately use someone like you who knows how to poly budget.

386745[/snapback]

Hey the only way you could possibly offend me is by not fixing something that needs to be fixed. I really think we need to work together and fix each others mistakes or enhance previous efforts in order for this mod to be the best that it can be.

When you finally get hold of my models and you find something that needs to be changed please do! I will take no offence I have worked in design teams before and I know how hard it is to work around a so called “artistâ€.

There you go you have my permission first hand to change any of my work as much as you want.

To tell you the truth I’m not the world foremost authority on Macross either, in fact living in Australia meant I only herd about it through Harmony Gold’s Roboshlock which was on after Voltron (every body else in the country was too busy playing with He-Man or Transformers) and I haven’t even seen the DYRL? movie yet because it has never been retailed or aired in this country.

I have however played the DYRL? game on an emulator, have all the 48/1 Yamato toys (nearly sent me broke), gotten hold of the original subbed version of SDF Macross and the internet has helped clue me into what is authentic, alternate, Bandai and fan made etc.

opener

386720[/snapback]

386737[/snapback]

386745[/snapback]

Hey the only way you could possibly offend me is by not fixing something that needs to be fixed. I really think we need to work together and fix each others mistakes or enhance previous efforts in order for this mod to be the best that it can be.

When you finally get hold of my models and you find something that needs to be changed please do! I will take no offence I have worked in design teams before and I know how hard it is to work around a so called “artistâ€.

There you go you have my permission first hand to change any of my work as much as you want.

To tell you the truth I’m not the world foremost authority on Macross either, in fact living in Australia meant I only herd about it through Harmony Gold’s Roboshlock which was on after Voltron (every body else in the country was too busy playing with He-Man or Transformers) and I haven’t even seen the DYRL? movie yet because it has never been retailed or aired in this country.

I have however played the DYRL? game on an emulator, have all the 48/1 Yamato toys (nearly sent me broke), gotten hold of the original subbed version of SDF Macross and the internet has helped clue me into what is authentic, alternate, Bandai and fan made etc.

386784[/snapback]

prehaps thats a regional thing, but dosn't 48/1 scale mean its 48 times bigger then the orignal? that would set you broke (i know you probably mean 1/48)

i just hope theres no docking bugs like there was in the HW1 version (where the units would fly back and forth near the ship you told it to dock on)

prehaps thats a regional thing, but dosn't 48/1 scale mean its 48 times bigger then the orignal? that would set you broke (i know you probably mean 1/48)

i just hope theres no docking bugs like there was in the HW1 version (where the units would fly back and forth near the ship you told it to dock on)

386813[/snapback]

Yea can you imagine Yamato’s surprise when I asked for a toy 48 times bigger then the real thing? It nearly sent me broke I tell you!

post-3736-1144011166_thumb.jpg

....maggot missile pods....

"Maggot missile" is name that Peter Walker of the Robotech Technical Files made up.

They are "close-in-use super-small-type high maneuver missile launchers x 4 (126 missiles)"

The Nameless Advisor

www.macrossmecha.info