Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Yeah, a template is what I'm after. And yeah geocites is yuk....*shivers*. My computer-illiterate brother could prolly do better by bashing the keyboard randomly...lol

Oh, Nice logo Lestat, looks like your old avatar :p

Edited by Alfie

Ok, another day, yet another update. This time you'll hardly notice the details. Mostly tweaking, and some work on the bridge to make the model more accurate. I've also added back in the turrets to the right hand side of the model (left hand in the picture).

All that's left is the rail cannons, and a few details on the bridge, and then we're pretty much set to put the macross (minus ARMDs) into the game. The next model I will texture will be the ARMDs, which will use Miyatake's skamatics for the base of the textures.

post-544-1139527294_thumb.jpg

Ok, another day, yet another update. This time you'll hardly notice the details. Mostly tweaking, and some work on the bridge to make the model more accurate. I've also added back in the turrets to the right hand side of the model (left hand in the picture).

All that's left is the rail cannons, and a few details on the bridge, and then we're pretty much set to put the macross (minus ARMDs) into the game. The next model I will texture will be the ARMDs, which will use Miyatake's skamatics for the base of the textures.

368644[/snapback]

Mmmmmm....... :oB))

Nice! But I wish you had a MOD'der by the name of Ancient Angel in your group. The guys awesome, shame he's currently working on a RT mod for FS2 Open. ;)

368644[/snapback]

looking good, from what you know any hope of my previous idea that i proposed on the HW1 mod about hyperspace graphic: basicly what is seen in the first few episodes as SDF1 folds, a sphere of energy or light extends from the ship engulfing everything around, then the spehere shrinks to nothingness

Mmmmmm....... :o  B))

Nice! But I wish you had a MOD'der by the name of Ancient Angel in your group. The guys awesome, shame he's currently working on a RT mod for FS2 Open. ;)

368731[/snapback]

Actually, Ancient Angel did work on the original Macross DYRL HW mod with us. I cannot remember exactly from memory which models are his, but I think some of them were the Zjentohlauedy ships, possibly the gunboat.

As to Evirus's question, I believe the Cmdr already answered by stating that the hyperspace graphics are hardcoded in HW2, so there is not much we can do about them.

Mmmmmm....... :o  B))

368731[/snapback]

Actually, Ancient Angel did work on the original Macross DYRL HW mod with us. I cannot remember exactly from memory which models are his, but I think some of them were the Zjentohlauedy ships, possibly the gunboat.

As to Evirus's question, I believe the Cmdr already answered by stating that the hyperspace graphics are hardcoded in HW2, so there is not much we can do about them.

368924[/snapback]

by the way i managed to find my HW2 disc if you would like me to check out your stuff in extended play circumstances.... hahaha ;)

I have most all of the Macross BGM CDs covering SDFM and DYRL, so we should be set... we do need somebody doing music, though (sound would be nice, too, so I don't have to get back on it once I have time again).

369988[/snapback]

Nanashi was going to get on that, but he's been quiet lately.

i have learned a little of maya, would you guys mind explaining me how to do a transforming ship?? i was thinking of doing some macross II vfs, or the vf-17 nightmare.

btw: your mod looks really impressive.

371479[/snapback]

I don't work in maya. I work in 3dsmax. And those of us that do I believe are hardly up to the skill level required to aid you. Sorry.

i have learned a little of maya, would you guys mind explaining me how to do a transforming ship?? i was thinking of doing some macross II vfs, or the vf-17 nightmare.

371479[/snapback]

I don't work in maya. I work in 3dsmax. And those of us that do I believe are hardly up to the skill level required to aid you. Sorry.

371537[/snapback]

speaking of which, how are the valk transformations going to be handeled in this one? if they are not hard coded i would say either special action or tactics based

isnt there like a defense field frigate in the game, if you need to put something in for that on the UNSPACY side you can probably put in the ships from macross 2, basicly they project a hologram of minmay singing and brodcast one of her songs, distracting the enemy obviously.... i could get some screen shots if you need

371479[/snapback]

371537[/snapback]

i mean i was asking about how you did a transforming ship in homeworld 2, or the transformation is not going to be controlled?

371479[/snapback]

371537[/snapback]

i mean i was asking about how you did a transforming ship in homeworld 2, or the transformation is not going to be controlled?

371653[/snapback]

well.... in HW1 they had it set as the attack animation

isnt there like a defense field frigate in the game, if you need to put something in for that on the UNSPACY side you can probably put in the ships from macross 2, basicly they project a hologram of minmay singing and brodcast one of her songs, distracting the enemy obviously.... i could get some screen shots if you need

371590[/snapback]

Uh, why not use it to do a barrier system? Macross definitely has a direct counterpart to the Homeworld-series' Defense Frigate. But that's discussion for later (or, more appropriately, for the mod forums themselves.)

I find that comment offensive. It's not a question of skill, it's a question of having the time.

(My work relates to realtime graphics development, including modeling & texturing with Maya and Photoshop. This is also what delays me further from working on MDRYL:SWO - I have Maya and everything set up with all configs I need for work, whereas HW2-minded work needs other configs and conventions.)

371590[/snapback]

Uh, why not use it to do a barrier system? Macross definitely has a direct counterpart to the Homeworld-series' Defense Frigate. But that's discussion for later (or, more appropriately, for the mod forums themselves.)

I find that comment offensive. It's not a question of skill, it's a question of having the time.

(My work relates to realtime graphics development, including modeling & texturing with Maya and Photoshop. This is also what delays me further from working on MDRYL:SWO - I have Maya and everything set up with all configs I need for work, whereas HW2-minded work needs other configs and conventions.)

371759[/snapback]

I agree CMDR- I find that offensive- I use MAX to make my models- I don't have some of the skills that others may have but I keep punching away at it. So don't try to belittle anyone who you think is not up to your skill level or above.

371590[/snapback]

371759[/snapback]

I agree CMDR- I find that offensive- I use MAX to make my models- I don't have some of the skills that others may have but I keep punching away at it. So don't try to belittle anyone who you think is not up to your skill level or above.

372625[/snapback]

You're misreading Chthonic, I'm speaking about Maya, not Max. And besides, Cmdr has gained additional skills since the last time we talked that I didn't know about. I have already appologised to him in private. Please don't take offence.

371590[/snapback]

371759[/snapback]

372625[/snapback]

Lol Lestat was prolly refering to me...hehe. I'm sure he didn't mean any offense by it.

Making transforming ships in Maya has never been a problem. We just haven't finished the code to implement it in the game yet. Basically because both Cmdr and I are way too busy with non-mod related stuff.

Btw a new programmer has just joined the team so it's reasonable to expect more progress in this area soon. :p

Note: If you're only after simple two state (and merely cosmetic) transformations, you don't need the code

Edited by Alfie

God i am soooo glad to see this hasnt died in my long and unfortunate absence.. Real life got in the way and i was forced a prolonged absence.

However i am back now.. and i hope the rest of the mod team is not too pissed at me..

<_<

Fokker.. lestat, if you need to get in contact me.. and i would like an update.. my new Aim is MyleneSTF

I appologize again for vanishing like that.. but im glad to see you kept it togeather

God i am soooo glad to see this hasnt died in my long and unfortunate absence.. Real life got in the way and i was forced a prolonged absence.

However i am back now.. and i hope the rest of the mod team is not too pissed at me..

<_<

Fokker.. lestat, if you need to get in contact me.. and i would like an update.. my new Aim is MyleneSTF

I appologize again for vanishing like that.. but im glad to see you kept it togeather

377142[/snapback]

Nope....nah ah, no forgiveness- just kidding- glad to see you back-

Unfortunatly i never did have much to do with the HW1 mod or site so i cnat answer that question.

Oh and that VF-4 Looks awsome

Wouldnt mind getting my grubby mits on it and texture it

377822[/snapback]

Don't play with my emontions- we really need to talk- get back to me ASAP

Hehe...what we need is just a guy who lays out the uvwunraps for us... lol... all my time I waste on that frustrating stuff...

Goddamn, if anyone knew the actual time involved in the macross model... I must have spent a good 60 hours working on it so far. That should give some of you anxious fans some idea of the amount of effort that goes into the most detailed of our models.

Normally, we use 1-2000 polygon models for most ships, but the Macross is (or will be with the ARMDs) up in the range of 10,000 polygons. That's a lot of faces to texture.

Hehe...what we need is just a guy who lays out the uvwunraps for us... lol... all my time I waste on that frustrating stuff...

Goddamn, if anyone knew the actual time involved in the macross model... I must have spent a good 60 hours working on it so far. That should give some of you anxious fans some idea of the amount of effort that goes into the most detailed of our models.

Normally, we use 1-2000 polygon models for most ships, but the Macross is (or will be with the ARMDs) up in the range of 10,000 polygons. That's a lot of faces to texture.

377996[/snapback]

Preach On brother....I'm developing eye strain working on some of these models

377996[/snapback]

hehe, I know, you get sore fingers just selecting/deselecting the polys you want to lay out. Tho the uv mapper in Maya is much easier to use than any of the others I've tried. You might want to try using that instead.

Edited by Alfie

377996[/snapback]

hehe, I know, you get sore fingers just selecting/deselecting the polys you want to lay out. Tho the uv mapper in Maya is much easier to use than any of the others I've tried. You might want to try using that instead.

378401[/snapback]

Hmm... you may have a point. Last time I tried maya, it was the interface that bothered me though...

Eh.. you folk know me.. ive never been one for the big fancy toys.. i do all my modeling and texturing in little.. POS programs.. >_> Yay MS3D and Lithunwrap.. but eh.. it serves my purpose.. for now anyway.

I do love making models.. i can sit for hours (when i have the time) and crank out one or two if im on a roll.. but texturing is just.. ugg.. thats when the headaches start Mostly with the UV maping.. the actual making of the textures is fun. atleast for me, even if they arent the best.