Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Again, it looks VERY nice Lestat :) JÄTTEBRA! :p

364546[/snapback]

Tack så mycket SDF-1!

Yeah, I'm happy with how it is coming along. Still some more work to do (such as on the bridge textures which are still from the original model.

After the Macross is complete, I'll start work on the ARMD-01 model perhaps.

Yet another day of astonishing progress (I'm astonishing myself!)!

As you can all see, I have finished the engine section, and also textured the buster cannon booms. The main body is also now complete. Now it's on to the bridge, and the small engine block underneath it, and then we'll add in the turrets and get her into the game!

Screenie:

post-544-1138385103_thumb.jpg

Reguarding the Macross game, I really think that it could be done on a Star Wars: Battlefront II or Battlefield 2 scope. Limited battlegrounds, great playability and graphics.

AND, how about this---- release the game for PC in japan! that way we could import it. That should effectivaly kill the copyright issue.

Reguarding the Macross game, I really think that it could be done on a Star Wars: Battlefront II or Battlefield 2 scope. Limited battlegrounds, great playability and graphics.

AND, how about this---- release the game for PC in japan! that way we could import it. That should effectivaly kill the copyright issue.

365290[/snapback]

Klumpy is dat you - WOW!!!

365290[/snapback]

Oh come on. How about being happy that they are doing this at all ;)

Oh come on. How about being happy that they are doing this at all ;)

365408[/snapback]

One Klump is a part of 'they'. ;)

Nice to see you're still lurking out there, John. Check out the team messageboards if you want back in on the modding, even if it's just to check out where we're at. I'll let you in to the dev section.

No more progress on the macross (although the engines have been recessed into the hull, and some further tweaks. Now ready to start on the bridge section) as I'm moving the rest of this week to a new appartment.

I'd love to jump back into the project, I have been lurking this thread for quite a while now :)

However, right now my house is still not put back together from Hurricaine Katrina (finally got sheetrock on the walls).

But trust me, when I get my life back in order, I'd love to work on the mod again. I haven't been to the Relic forums in a while, I'm sure there is a ton of resources that are avaliable on the net that I just have to look for.

Its great to hear from you guys again, Ben, Chthonic, and Boxer. Who else is out there from the old team? roll call! :)

Cmdr's lurking and poping his head in every now and then. Major's pretty much AWOL. Nanashi (Windjammer) is playing a much more active role in the mod (he actually has HW2 now).

Unfortunately, we never recieved anything from Rauk/Brice (surprise surprise), even though he said he'd do some models in exchange for the website work I did... Oh well, too bad. And to boot he was a Maya king.

Yeah, insignificant me is still around. Though all I do is make the ships pretty enough to hopefully impress Kawamori to the point of getting them into canon.

I took a stab at the 'canonical' asteroid miners today. One looks like a big barrel miner thing with legs... nothing special there. The other one looks like a kind of deformed TV Zentreadi pod.. I sketched something and called it a 'prospect pod' that would only survey and not mine. Figures, since Plus takes place after SW1 and would use leftover technology.

Yeah, insignificant me is still around. Though all I do is make the ships pretty enough to hopefully impress Kawamori to the point of getting them into canon.

I took a stab at the 'canonical' asteroid miners today. One looks like a big barrel miner thing with legs... nothing special there. The other one looks like a kind of deformed TV Zentreadi pod.. I sketched something and called it a 'prospect pod' that would only survey and not mine. Figures, since Plus takes place after SW1 and would use leftover technology.

365778[/snapback]

Don't keep me in suspense man....Any pics?

Umn...not yet man. I'm at school atm and can't get to my scanner.

Besides, the only real significant thing my scanner does is turn my artwork into eyesores. Should probably look at the images while I'm drawing them too instead of working from memory.

'sides, Lestat's beautiful Macross could blow anything show-related I could come up with.

...just wait until the Protocultures get the go, THEN you'll see eye-popping stuff.

...speaking of my beautiful macross... I scaled the ARMDs just to test them out...

...oh, yeah, and here's the engine glow I designed...

post-544-1138917801_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lestat

VERY NICE WORK!

366078[/snapback]

Thanks. I hope you people like what I did with the engine glow. I figured it would use an array of rocket clusters, as it would provide more efficient thrust.

wow, those engine glows are awesome Lestat.

I can wait to sit down at my new workstation and actually work a 3D program. I've got such a nagging itch for some modeling.

Kah!

Now all we need is to give the movement order, hear the commands for the engine startup in the Background, and then take the ship three seconds for the engines to wink on then go to full power.

NICE!

Now we need it to transform, angle the main guns, and plough a hole the size of a battlecruiser in the side of one of the stock motherships!

Ok, another day, another update...

I've been working on the bridge section of the SDF-1 Macross at the moment. As you can see, the texture for the main hull underneath the bridge has had some work. I've put new textures and worked on detailing that part of the object. I've also reinstated the 2d bridge antanna array, as it's not going to be seen up close as to warrent such a high poly count, and this way we can get in more detail.

Also added the small reserve engine block, and made the forward texture of the main gun unique for each side... more to come...

post-544-1139270259_thumb.jpg

post-544-1139270273_thumb.jpg

post-544-1139270283_thumb.jpg

post-544-1139270293_thumb.jpg

Really sweet work, Lestat! It seems site stablization was able to trigger work on the project. :)

I do have a somewhat non-related question for those-in-the-know however. After seeing what the 'somewhat' new FS_Open can do, does anyone know if somegroup is working on a Macross MOD for it???

Really sweet work, Lestat! It seems site stablization was able to trigger work on the project. :)

I do have a somewhat non-related question for those-in-the-know however. After seeing what the 'somewhat' new FS_Open can do, does anyone know if somegroup is working on a Macross MOD for it???

367487[/snapback]

First time I've heard of it... so no...

367487[/snapback]

367613[/snapback]

I had a Rowboatheck conversion for FS, it was o.k but this new thing looks o.k

Lets not try and steal this thread though...

367487[/snapback]

367613[/snapback]

I had a Rowboatheck conversion for FS, it was o.k but this new thing looks o.k

Lets not try and steal this thread though...

367768[/snapback]

Well, it is at least related. In general, we've been supportive of other mods, so long as they were strictly Macross related, and not Robotech.

Robotech =  :wacko:

Oh and regarding the website:

Anyone good at making websites here, could use some help creating the base layout and site structure.

367891[/snapback]

i got a friend that can make geocities quality websites.... ill ask him when he logs into yahoo.... im not promising anything though

Anyone good at making websites here, could use some help creating the base layout and site structure.

367891[/snapback]

i got a friend that can make geocities quality websites.... ill ask him when he logs into yahoo.... im not promising anything though

368097[/snapback]

Gah... geocities... eek

I'll do it if I have to...

367891[/snapback]

368097[/snapback]

Gah... geocities... eek

I'll do it if I have to...

368119[/snapback]

What sort of thing are you after ??

Would you like template pages and a basic structure done so you can put your own data on or are you looking for the full site build ??

I guess templates...? I don't really know. I'm just modelling mostly on this one...

Anyway, I've come up with a new logo. I think it's an awesome play on the original HW logo....

post-544-1139441581.jpg

I guess templates...? I don't really know. I'm just modelling mostly on this one...

Anyway, I've come up with a new logo. I think it's an awesome play on the original HW logo....

368181[/snapback]

Great logo.

Give me a few days and I will see what I can come up with.