Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm

if you go to the mecha section of flashback at mahq.net, it says the megaroad is 5200 meters long. i don't know how credible that figure is, but it's something.

never heard the idea about the dedalus-now that i see the picture, that's pretty cool, lestat.

question: are you guys going to put the vf-x-4 in SWO? and/or the actual vf-4?

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm

if you go to the mecha section of flashback at mahq.net, it says the megaroad is 5200 meters long. i don't know how credible that figure is, but it's something.

never heard the idea about the dedalus-now that i see the picture, that's pretty cool, lestat.

question: are you guys going to put the vf-x-4 in SWO? and/or the actual vf-4?

338215[/snapback]

If I have it my way, both :)

And for the scale, I've studied the footage, but am unconvinced. I do believe that the line art, showing a Nupetiet-Vergnitzs is to scale, which places the Megaroad at around 5200 metres, as suggested. (the nup is 4000m)

The footage backs this up in some places (such as when the megaroad is seen to rise from BEHIND the macross).

The Macross is what's holding us up, and it will take some time to finish. After that, the ARMDs have to be textured (we can just use two ARMD-01 models on the MAcross for now - after all, that's how Miyatake drew them in his most recent sketches), but it's possible (and will mean a sooner release) to just add in the macross minus the ARMDs as soon as it's done, and get out our first beta release.

I meant to imply by this that we will probably release the macross as is without the ARMD carriers and ergo, without the animations. However, the final product should be able to transform. At least that's our intent.

Thanks for the offer Boxer. I'm sure in the future your amazing talents will be called upon. However, for now, as I have stated, we need to take an evaluation of what progress has been made. Communication will be the key. So we're waiting primarily to get back in contact with the Major first...

337987[/snapback]

Actually, we most likely will NOT be able to have the Macross transform. It remains to be seen whether or not collision meshes can be animated, but weapons themselves (i.e., the actual hardpoints defining weapon locations, directions, and effects locations) do not fully animate properly. The weapon issue can be handled somewhat, but will require a great amount of work (have to do every single weapon on the Macross twice, then work on scripting that enables/disables the different weapons based on transformation state, while also disabling all weapons during actual transformation...). But if the collision meshes cannot be animated, then the only way to have the Macross "transform" is to play the animation and then swap it via scripting for an entirely new ship. Of course, since it has health, fighter bays, and all other kinds of good stuff, such a feat becomes very complicated.

For scale theres a few sites

The megaroad is the sdf 2, right?

the sdf is 1210m and the megaroad is 5200m, but that doesn't seem right.

it looked only a little bit larger then the sdf when it was docked with it.

you might need to make an acount for the first one.

Robotech

mahq

mahq

STARSHIP DIMENSIONS

couldent you have the sdf transform when you change the stance

I'm sorry to hear the SDF-1 won't be able to transform...

If it can't, can we stick it in Storm attacker mode? It was more impressive that way...

At least the fighters can transform... otherwise, what would be the point?

The Macross is what's holding us up, and it will take some time to finish. After that, the ARMDs have to be textured (we can just use two ARMD-01 models on the MAcross for now - after all, that's how Miyatake drew them in his most recent sketches), but it's possible (and will mean a sooner release) to just add in the macross minus the ARMDs as soon as it's done, and get out our first beta release.

I meant to imply by this that we will probably release the macross as is without the ARMD carriers and ergo, without the animations. However, the final product should be able to transform. At least that's our intent.

Thanks for the offer Boxer. I'm sure in the future your amazing talents will be called upon. However, for now, as I have stated, we need to take an evaluation of what progress has been made. Communication will be the key. So we're waiting primarily to get back in contact with the Major first...

337987[/snapback]

Actually, we most likely will NOT be able to have the Macross transform. It remains to be seen whether or not collision meshes can be animated, but weapons themselves (i.e., the actual hardpoints defining weapon locations, directions, and effects locations) do not fully animate properly. The weapon issue can be handled somewhat, but will require a great amount of work (have to do every single weapon on the Macross twice, then work on scripting that enables/disables the different weapons based on transformation state, while also disabling all weapons during actual transformation...). But if the collision meshes cannot be animated, then the only way to have the Macross "transform" is to play the animation and then swap it via scripting for an entirely new ship. Of course, since it has health, fighter bays, and all other kinds of good stuff, such a feat becomes very complicated.

338327[/snapback]

have you tried asking ak47 how he animated the gundams? He is the guy that did the gundam mod over at the relic forums.

Sorry for falling of the planet again everyone, life is being a real bitch, pardon my language.. i cant seem to catch a break. How ever i am still slowly working on things inbetween business trips and allnighters and the like ((coffee has become my new best friend)) though my own progress isnt fitting of my personal standards for the ressons above, everyone else working on the project is doing Outstandingly great work and i would like to commend them for that. though thankfuly my hectic chaos is becoming routine and i now have 2 days a week to dedicate to modeling and texturing work again.. wich is good and i should become more active here as well again

• 1 month later...

Well let's keep in mind that Megaroad 1 may simply be an SDF1 chassis with super structure added on to it.

The SDF 2 was approximately 70 % finished before Global ordered it converted to a colony vessel.

The actual Megaroad class colony ship has never been filmed...

Edited by Zinjo

Well let's keep in mind that Megaroad 1 may simply be an SDF1 chassis with super structure added on to it.

The SDF 2 was approximately 70 % finished before Global ordered it converted to a colony vessel.

The actual Megaroad class colony ship has never been filmed...

350493[/snapback]

Um... yes it has... Flashback 2012. And if you mean the original design for the SDF-2, the designs have been seen in the past.

No news on the mod, sorry. RL. Again.

Anyone who knows were to find some screen shots/updates on this? I have tried this page http://blitz.sqonline.net/mod/start.html but i cant conect to it..

I have also heard some rumours about there being a beta version (havent read the whole thread). Is this true, if it is, were?

Great work btw guys! Dont give up! Would hate to see this mod go to the grave...

I have also heard some rumours about there being a beta version (havent read the whole thread). Is this true, if it is, were?

I think some dude from the mod database said there was a beta at gamespot.com, but a quick search produced nothing.

Also, is it just me, or is the new christmas theme at moddb.com annoying as hell?

There are no demos, no betas. I don't even have the mod, I've just submitted models. We really need to get Major Focker back around so that we can get all the stuff he's got and evaluate where we are up to with the mod.

I really hope he checks here soon. I've not been able to reach him by MSN, and he didn't answer to a private message a while back.

The mod, as always, appears to be stagnant at the moment as the real dev team puts their collective heads together to decide what they're doing.

Rest assured, material exists, just be patient.

351882[/snapback]

The problem is getting all of us together to put our heads together. Lestat and the Major both tend to disappear for long periods of time. I'm always in the background, but can't usually reach people to get whatever done.

One of the things that would really help would be if somebody could host a CVS server for us. Then stuff could really start getting done, and in a much faster, smoother way.

The mod, as always, appears to be stagnant at the moment as the real dev team puts their collective heads together to decide what they're doing.

351882[/snapback]

The problem is getting all of us together to put our heads together. Lestat and the Major both tend to disappear for long periods of time. I'm always in the background, but can't usually reach people to get whatever done.

One of the things that would really help would be if somebody could host a CVS server for us. Then stuff could really start getting done, and in a much faster, smoother way.

352772[/snapback]

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a cvs server?

P.S. on a totally unrelated note, does anyone know how long the Higaran Battlecruiser is in meters? I can't seem to find that bit of info anywhere.

Edited by ulyssesdraco

Its probaly a connection type of server where you can get in touch with people and share files like that and etc. I dont knowes thats a guess from what he said.

Oh and ulyssesdraco thats one funny funny signature "Uncle Sam doesn't want you anymore. He's got Roy Focker." and "On his birthday, Roy Focker randomly selects one lucky child to be thrown into the sun."

Sorry I just couldnt help myself that is soo funny :lol: sorry to go off topic :rolleyes: .

Edit: That Higaran Battlecruiser its a Macross Battlecruiser is it? I dunno I might have saw something on a Macross Database but my memory is bad,

Edited by Dean

Forgive my stupidity, but i have to know..

Do this mod have a homepage? Its like this; It would be realy reashuring if i could find a list on what has been done on the mod..

I know that this is a none profit mod, and there for patience is our best friend..

Big up to you guys for sticking to the projekt :lol:

ps: then again, anyone who knows were to find screenshots? Sofar i have only found two...

it used to, but you're better off checking these forums and the ones at relic.

go to http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88 and find the macross thread, though that hasn't beeen updated in a while. it has some pictures and information if you're willing to search the whole thread,

351882[/snapback]

352772[/snapback]

P.S. on a totally unrelated note, does anyone know how long the Higaran Battlecruiser is in meters? I can't seem to find that bit of info anywhere.

352895[/snapback]

CVS stands for "Concurrent Versions System". It basically acts as a big archive that can be accessed by all developers; you update your files every so often (usually every day or every few days), and it archives the old ones. You can then do an update to get all of the updated stuff everybody else is working on. It's really kinda hard to explain.

Basically, a CVS would provide a means for all of us to not only transfer data, but also make sure everything is up-to-date and that nobody is building off old stuff. (all without people actually contacting each other about each update, which as we know can often be difficult)

351882[/snapback]

352772[/snapback]

352895[/snapback]

CVS stands for "Concurrent Versions System". It basically acts as a big archive that can be accessed by all developers; you update your files every so often (usually every day or every few days), and it archives the old ones. You can then do an update to get all of the updated stuff everybody else is working on. It's really kinda hard to explain.

Basically, a CVS would provide a means for all of us to not only transfer data, but also make sure everything is up-to-date and that nobody is building off old stuff. (all without people actually contacting each other about each update, which as we know can often be difficult)

353356[/snapback]

Speak to nanashi. He has offered to host material. In the very least, he's able to provide hosting on an ftp. (ONLY for the team though)

And as to me dissapearing, I've always been reachable on MSN Messenger. Indeed, I'm on every single day for at least 10 hours... I don't visit macrossworld all that often anymore, and you must remember I live at +1 GMT, so it could be that I'm sleeping when you're mostly using the internet.

The Major is the real concern. His dissapearances include long periods of being completely out of communication. He hasn't answered a private message that I sent to him months and months ago. Unfortunately, he's the one with the most progress on the mod. He's got probably 80% of the completed material, if not more. Most of us just model and texture...

351882[/snapback]

352772[/snapback]

352895[/snapback]

353356[/snapback]

Speak to nanashi. He has offered to host material. In the very least, he's able to provide hosting on an ftp. (ONLY for the team though)

And as to me dissapearing, I've always been reachable on MSN Messenger. Indeed, I'm on every single day for at least 10 hours... I don't visit macrossworld all that often anymore, and you must remember I live at +1 GMT, so it could be that I'm sleeping when you're mostly using the internet.

The Major is the real concern. His dissapearances include long periods of being completely out of communication. He hasn't answered a private message that I sent to him months and months ago. Unfortunately, he's the one with the most progress on the mod. He's got probably 80% of the completed material, if not more. Most of us just model and texture...

354050[/snapback]

Think you're confusing the two of us with the last part. Pretty much all the Major does now is texture and model (though he does have a good deal of work in that regard). I'm the one with all of the main work... the main thing I was waiting on was the Macross itself - without it, there's not too much point in doing much else at the moment. Once we have that ready, then everything can be put together.

BTW, I still would like somebody to contact me about working with "pre-balancing" (going through all of the documents I have with all of the weapon, armor, and unit types and figuring out reasonable starting points for all of the above, using DYRL, SDFM, and any other true reference material)

Think you're confusing the two of us with the last part. Pretty much all the Major does now is texture and model (though he does have a good deal of work in that regard). I'm the one with all of the main work... the main thing I was waiting on was the Macross itself - without it, there's not too much point in doing much else at the moment. Once we have that ready, then everything can be put together.

BTW, I still would like somebody to contact me about working with "pre-balancing" (going through all of the documents I have with all of the weapon, armor, and unit types and figuring out reasonable starting points for all of the above, using DYRL, SDFM, and any other true reference material)

Ah, is that true? Ah, crap, we could have gotten things done heaps earlier. My advice? You want to get me the motivation to finish the Macross, get me the mod and what you have so far. It would help to actually get in there and see the mod as it is. This usually provides me with the right degree of encouragement... but the macross is a HUGE project... And I have little time these days between writing a book and my various other projects.

Maybe you should post here what exactly you need to be before you can be called a DEV, that way it might reduce the confusion e.t.c

Also if some one then discovers that they have something to offer and could become a Dev then they will know.