I just got sniped thread

haha, I know who it is..... I guess when he has time he'll chime in to say something. Maybe.... hehehe. I know the feeling man. :p:D:lol:

why not just tell me? :rolleyes::D

i wish i had know earlier, it was sitting at $63 for with 1 minute to go. if i had known it was another MW'er, i would've just steered clear. no reason to break the pockets of a fellow member. :(

Is that kit really 1/100 scale? I've never seen one in person, but I always thought it was around 1/72 or 1/55 scale like the other bigger sized destroid toys.

btw: haterist, I'm just giving you some friendly ribbing. ;) God knows I've made some hella goofy typos before. Glad to see you can take it in a friendly manner. Many people here seem to be pretty crabby lately! :p (see several other recent threads)

What's the general consensus on a good price for that set? I seem to remember seeing them go for well over $200 before a couple of years ago.

yup 1/100 scale it is. its the only other one outside of picking up a model(got no skills) or buying the crappy matchbox version that just sits there. these are articulated and i've been looking to score one for a while. i just missed the other one that was up and it only sold for $60+, no instructions but $60! :(:(:(

the worst i've seen is $200 and i don't think it sold. i've seen some BINs for $130 or so, but i refuse to pay that much for this thing...its 1/100 scale for christ sake! :lol:

so has anyone got sniped lately? :p

yup 1/100 scale it is.  its the only other one outside of picking up a model(got no skills) or buying the crappy matchbox version that just sits there.  these are articulated and i've been looking to score one for a while.  i just missed the other one that was up and it only sold for $60+, no instructions but $60!  :(  :(  :(

the worst i've seen is $200 and i don't think it sold.  i've seen some BINs for $130 or so, but i refuse to pay that much for this thing...its 1/100 scale for christ sake!  :lol:

so has anyone got sniped lately?  :p

whoops, that would be me who sniped ya :lol: I figured some other MWers would have been bidding on this thing as well. Hmmm, I didn't notice the top cover was missing, oh well, I still would have bid for it even if I did. Now I just need 2 more so I can display all 3 destroids at the same time :p Sorry for beating ya out Haterist.

Edited by GobotFool

yup 1/100 scale it is.  its the only other one outside of picking up a model(got no skills) or buying the crappy matchbox version that just sits there.  these are articulated and i've been looking to score one for a while.  i just missed the other one that was up and it only sold for $60+, no instructions but $60!  :(  :(  :(

the worst i've seen is $200 and i don't think it sold.  i've seen some BINs for $130 or so, but i refuse to pay that much for this thing...its 1/100 scale for christ sake!  :lol:

whoops, that would be me who sniped ya :lol: I figured some other MWers would have been bidding on this thing as well.

why yooooo nooooo good stinkin rat bastich! :lol:

now i know your secret identity! :ph34r:

soon i will come for your women, then the children!

mawhahahahah! :p:D:lol:

whoops, that would be me who sniped ya :lol: I figured some other MWers would have been bidding on this thing as well.

why yooooo nooooo good stinkin rat bastich! :lol:

now i know your secret identity! :ph34r:

soon i will come for your women, then the children!

mawhahahahah! :p:D:lol:

Take the women, take the children but for the love of god don't take the mecha collection! :p

haterist pulls out sniper rifle and continues to polish waiting for the day to get even with gobotfool! :D

damn dude, you beat me by 3 seconds man, 3 seconds! :(

did you see my bid before bidding?

i usually wait til theres 5 seconds left but i thought someone might be using one of those sniping programs that eat up all the bandwidth so i went sniped a little early, next its you and me....a mono a mono! :D

haterist pulls out sniper rifle and continues to polish waiting for the day to get even with gobotfool!  :D

damn dude, you beat me by 3 seconds man, 3 seconds!  :(

i usually wait til theres 5 seconds left but i thought someone might be using one of those sniping programs that eat up all the bandwidth so i went sniped a little early, next its you and me....a mono a mono!  :D

bring it one! I swear the next destroid conversion set will be mine! No one shall stand between me and my ability to display all 3 destroids at the same time :lol: That and I kinda want to have at least a complete box... :(

no I really didn't see your bid. I do what I always do, pray hard and work as fast as I can to enter my bid.

Edited by GobotFool

haterist pulls out sniper rifle and continues to polish waiting for the day to get even with gobotfool!  :D

i usually wait til theres 5 seconds left but i thought someone might be using one of those sniping programs that eat up all the bandwidth so i went sniped a little early, next its you and me....a mono a mono!  :D

bring it one! I swear the next destroid conversion set will be mine! No one shall stand between me and my ability to display all 3 destroids at the same time :lol: That and I kinda want to have at least a complete box... :(

no I really didn't see your bid. I do what I always do, pray hard and work as fast as I can to enter my bid.

pray hard! :lol:

i was thinking the same thing, i was looking to get 3 of them, keep one complete set, keep the exo-skeletons from 2 of them, then ebay the rest. :D though, right now, i'd just be happy with one.

soon, we shall see who has the fastest fingers on MW! :p

Looks like we've got a couple of destroid hogs here. :p If you guys keep it up, I guess I'll have to get serious about plastic modeling.

You know, the Matchbox/Exosquad ones (big approx. 1/60 and little 1/144) aren't all that bad, although yes, not very poseable.

Anyway, I seem to recall someone posting a proposal to recast or otherwise reproduce the skeleton so that people don't have to buy three sets to have all three destroids.

Looks like we've got a couple of destroid hogs here. :p If you guys keep it up, I guess I'll have to get serious about plastic modeling.

You know, the Matchbox/Exosquad ones (big approx. 1/60 and little 1/144) aren't all that bad, although yes, not very poseable.

Anyway, I seem to recall someone posting a proposal to recast or otherwise reproduce the skeleton so that people don't have to buy three sets to have all three destroids.

yes, I love destroids, I almost love them more than the VF-1.

who is this person? i'd be very interested. i can't speak for everyone but anyone whos got one of these sets would probably be down.

i don't get why they released this with 1 exoskeleton? i guess it wouldn't be a conversion kit then.

who is this person? i'd be very interested. i can't speak for everyone but anyone whos got one of these sets would probably be down.

i don't get why they released this with 1 exoskeleton? i guess it wouldn't be a conversion kit then.

I know someone who does recasts, depending on the number of parts the endo frame has he says he might be interested.

The other thread mentions the possibility of casting the necessary parts to get three whole destroids. I'd be very much in favor of that if it's what it would take to pry those extra DCK's out of haterist and Gobotfool's grasp. And yes, I'd buy one just to be prepared when I got a kit of my own.

(Gonna go over there to express my interest.)

I was eyein this auction also and you got it for a good price. BTW you & I have the same collecting philosophy and share the same bidding technique :lol: Too bad for Haterist, I think I sniped him from a couple of auctions IIRC. I hope there's a window of hope for him. :D Snipping programs?! Never heard of seen one but I ussually wait for the last remaining seconds to put up my bid.

post-12-1099283790.jpg

I was eyein this auction also and you got it for a good price. BTW you & I have the same collecting philosophy and share the same bidding technique :lol: Too bad for Haterist, I think I sniped him from a couple of auctions IIRC. I hope there's a window of hope for him. :D Snipping programs?! Never heard of seen one but I ussually wait for the last remaining seconds to put up my bid.

yeah you sniped me a couple of times you stinkin bastich! :lol: we'll see who has the last laugh! :mellow::p

BTW, they're talking about a possiblity of recasting the endoskeleton and the extra parts you need to display all of them at once. you might want to check out the thread in the toy section and show your interest, thats if you're interested? i assume you got the left over parts from the other conversion kits, that means you can have 9 of them displayed......or you could sell me a set seeing as i don't have one yet. hint hint. :D