"ZERO FIVE" -- The Climax

Renato

Once the subs come out, I'll rewatch the whole OAV...maybe it'll hang together better. Or as many have suggested, maybe there'll be a movie version which will offer a second take, and which will be more to my tastes. At the moment, it's a minor let-down.

Hear ! hear ! If Bandai do make a movie version, let hope it would be longer version to better develop the characters.

Hear ! hear ! If Bandai do make a movie version, let hope it would be longer version to better develop the characters.

Whatever parts, if any, that explain what is really going on, i.e., the big questions that everyone has been asking.

Thanks for the synopsis, which filled in some points of confusion, but since you haven't gotten to the end yet, I'm still pretty much in the dark. Which isn't to say that the ending will be any clearer with a perfect translation. (In very broad terms, it's clear what's going on, and it will be familiar to anyone who's seen/read enough sci-fi, but at that level of abstraction it's pretty unsatisfying to a Macross fan.)

In the meantime, I've tried over there to fill in what I remember from the ending, but I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out and misremembering other stuff.

i think many anime are moving towards 'abstraction', for various reasons. quite a few of the series i've watched recently, eg eva, rahxephon, nadesico movie, yukikaze, dont explain everything, and only makes sense if you extra explanatory material on the internet and rewatch it a few times. it's somewhat annoying in a way, especially the authors tries to be confusing/cryptic for pure sake of being confusing/cryptic, but yet it offers a good break from typical hollywood type productions where they spell out everything for you.