More Shadow Force news

Perhaps Lick is bright pink with all that pent-up frustration from not getting any from frigid Lisa for 20 years. Poor Lick :p

Graham

334407[/snapback]

Well with his robo-wang and all she probably got sick of hearing, "Think warm thoughts honey cause this is mighty cold," everytime things were heading in that direction.

I mean that's got to be a nightmare that would turn any woman off for 20 years.

Edited by Father Jack

Go ahead and continue to bash ROBOTECH.

You KNOW secretly love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

334399[/snapback]

Hey Troll, how much does the pirates at HG pay you to do these pathetic promotions anyway? No, wait. They must have paid you with daily value meals from McD right? Oh no, wait. Even better; they paid for your online bachelor's and master's degree right?

That's impossible... not with Minmay around... you know that hoe be spreading it...

"Oh Rick!"

That's all you ever hear her say on Robotech...

334408[/snapback]

Wow, I think the last time I actually watched RT was in 85. (I watch SDFM probably two times per year) I just saw like 20 clips in my head with Minmay saying "Oh Rick!"

Seems the comic stuck close to Mckinney/Sentinals storyline, which for fans of the novels is a good slap in the face for the "cannon" debaters.

4977_5.jpg

This pic is very close to a scene in the 5th Sentinals novel Rubicon. At least the end result is :lol:

334399[/snapback]

Hey Troll, how much does the pirates at HG pay you to do these pathetic promotions anyway? No, wait. They must have paid you with daily value meals from McD right? Oh no, wait. Even better; they paid for your online bachelor's and master's degree right?

334470[/snapback]

<_< Whats wrong with getting your master's online, thats how I got my MBA.

334399[/snapback]

334470[/snapback]

334474[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong about it, A1. :) I'm just saying the Troll's academics were paid by the HG pirates that's all.

334399[/snapback]

334470[/snapback]

334474[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong about it, A1. :) I'm just saying the Troll's academics were paid by the HG pirates that's all.

334477[/snapback]

Heh, I think that guy is full of sh!t anyway... I don't believe he has any Master's degree. I don't believe he is a Marine like he says he is either.

Seems the comic stuck close to Mckinney/Sentinals storyline, which for fans of the novels is a good slap in the face for the "cannon" debaters.

4977_5.jpg

This pic is very close to a scene in the 5th Sentinals novel Rubicon. At least the end result is :lol:

334473[/snapback]

That darn Kyle, all this years and he still can’t keep away from booze. Drunk bastard, clean your mouth :angry: !!

Stealth!

Nice Try!

Nah the Sentinels were garbage. It was the Sentinel that first put doubts in my mind. With Robotech they had the already animed footage to work with. The Sentinel cartoon, books and comic was all there's. Prepares this time they'll do better.

I like how they have to tell you "It's" Kyle. That really does help considering the guy doesn't look a thing like him.

Stealth!

Nice Try!

Nah the Sentinels were garbage.  It was the Sentinel that first put doubts in my mind.  With Robotech they had the already animed footage to work with.  The Sentinel cartoon, books and comic was all there's.  Prepares this time they'll do better.

I like how they have to tell you "It's" Kyle.  That really does help considering the guy doesn't look a thing like him.

334535[/snapback]

Mmmmh, look's like protoculture overexposure has changed Kyle's hair colour. That or all that alcohol in his veins.

The worse thing about the Sentinels WERE the Sentinels. A bunch of badly designed Aliens. It's exactly why I dont watch Star Trek, Babylon 5 or any of those shows.

The other thing I hated about it were the Inorganics. Another batch of bad design. Mechanical dogs. :rolleyes: After the Japanese houses spent so much time designing Invids, battle Pods and Bioroids you get mechanical dogs. That's as bad as the giant bulldog in M7. It was exciting to see capital ships and the promise of large space battles, but they should have left the Sentinels in the dust where they belong.

Edited by >EXO<

When Aliens are designed and conceptualized correctly they work well. The biggest limitation when coming up with an alien for a show is getting around the human phsyiolgy of the actors who have to play them, and not getting rediculous. I've tried to stay away from the various alien cliches in my own writing as much as I can, but it can be difficult. In an animated feature creating realistic, and truly alien aliens shouldn't be as hard becuase you do not have to be limited by a human frame. However upon seeing some of the sentinels concepts they were horrid. The problem most live TV shows run into is that they are tight budgets and so you have to make the costumes as cheaply as possible. I will appluad B5 because they at least tried as much as possible to use full head appliances instead of just, hey add a forehead ridge or some spots to make a new race. Though they did fall into that trap a couple times, ST on the other hand did it as a matter of course, make the alien look completely human except for some brow ridges, or enlarge nostrils, pointed ears, or webbed fingers, things that can be created just inside human mutation and deformation. IIRC one of the sentinals races was basically a bear with anntenae and sunglass right? I mean come on use a little imagination.

4977_5.jpg

334473[/snapback]

Wait, how long has Shaggy been Minmay's cousin'! He looks sooo toasted right there, but that's like him not to share with anyone else. That however doesn't explain what the pilot's from Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century are doing there. That one all the way on the right must be Gil Gerard with a new macho mustache, but where's that fine ass skinny bitch Col Deering, and that dumbsh!t robot Twiki

Edited by Keith

The problem most live TV shows run into is that they are tight budgets and so you have to make the costumes as cheaply as possible.  I will appluad B5 because they at least tried as much as possible to use full head appliances instead of just, hey add a forehead ridge or some spots to make a new race.  Though they did fall into that trap a couple times, ST on the other hand did it as a matter of course, make the alien look completely human except for some brow ridges, or enlarge nostrils, pointed ears, or webbed fingers, things that can be created just inside human mutation and deformation. 

334551[/snapback]

The added problem behind full costumes instead of just forehead ridges, wigs and a few spots is that they are normally uncomfortable for the actor. This was a problem on SW. Actors who were in full costume and makeup (like the Wookies) would have to take off the head dress or have hand-held fans blowing as soon as the take finished. It gets hot in there. And then let's not forget that some people are allergic to the glue and at times, the prostetic does get uncomfortable due to the glue on your face.

As for the Sentinels....Didn't one of them look like a devil-like creature? I mean humaniod body with no hair and 2 horns coming off his forehead?

As for the Sentinels....Didn't one of them look like a devil-like creature? I mean humaniod body with no hair and 2 horns coming off his forehead?

334557[/snapback]

No, that was Carl ::rimshot::

Stir in... prebubescent teenage scientist robot making female looking at 16 which can kick ass in a small armor with a high energy blasting canon which can use a force and scientifically explain the plot away that is as big as a quantum turbulant hole... and call it TrekWars.

huh...

Translated:

Get a teenage girl that has small armor, bug guns, stare down anyone, talk poo and likes giant robots.

4977_5.jpg

334473[/snapback]

Actually it's based off a scene from the 4th Sentinals novel Word killers (Pages 198-200 incase your looking for it )or from the last comic book from the Sentinals book 4 issue 13. Thankfully their are a lot of differences from the novel and comic run of the Sentinels.

Rick. Looks. Stupid. I don't see how 30 years of aging makes someone look like they had massive hormone therapy. Why couldn't they just use skinny Rick, slap on some grey and wrinkles, and give him a cool hat?

That said, I find it silly that any of us Macross fans would have problems with unimaginative aliens. The Zentradi are 60 foot tall humans with multicolored skin... and later 60 foot tall humans with odd cerebral growths. The Protodevlin are the aforementioned hentai space bulldogs. Sivil is a space-elf with attire designed specifically to enhance her bust, and triangles for nipples. Ishtar is a scantily clad space-diva with yellow targets plastered upon and calling attention to her boobies (Do you see a trend?). The Marduk are as human as the Zentradi are. Even Southern Cross's enemy consisted mainly of musical human clones. Mospeada went so far as to make the Invid truly alien, being odd crab/slug like creatures doused in slime, and their queen an energy being. But hey, watch, they evolve! Into... surprise! Humans.

But I do agree... the Sentinel designs aren't great, primarily because they look like they're trying to rip off cliches-- devils, amazons, magicians, and bears, oh my-- rather than present gear and attire that's disturbingly alien or odd, even if the aliens themselves are physically pretty much human.

-Al