More Shadow Force news

I am really awesome because I can read japanese, and will glady correct anyone who disagrees with me regarding a translation, even if they are using the official translation from the original creators of the show.

Fixed it for ya.

Now excuse me while I start a thread complaining about how this site should be renamed MacurosuWorld.

311918[/snapback]

JBO your the best!

Oh and uh I do know japanese.

Anyone watching the new godzillar and ultrar man? YEE HA! :lol:

As far as the "official" title, meh, its still Mospeeder to me, always has been, always will be.

311913[/snapback]

Good for you, still doesn't change the fact that the official romanization of the name is MOSPEADA. So while the rest of the world looks on at you with confusion you can rest easy knowing that you know better than the Japanese creators of the show. :rolleyes:

I've only seen a few episodes of MOSPEADA. but wasn't it an acronym of some sort? I vaguely remember seeing some model kits or something similar with writing to that effect.

As far as the "official" title, meh, its still Mospeeder to me, always has been, always will be.

311913[/snapback]

Good for you, still doesn't change the fact that the official romanization of the name is MOSPEADA. So while the rest of the world looks on at you with confusion you can rest easy knowing that you know better than the Japanese creators of the show. :rolleyes:

I've only seen a few episodes of MOSPEADA. but wasn't it an acronym of some sort? I vaguely remember seeing some model kits or something similar with writing to that effect.

311937[/snapback]

Yah. The full thing was run out a little earlier in the thread...

*scrolls back*

There we go...

"Mobile Operation Soldier Protection Emergency Aviation Dive Armor"

Spaces added to preserve sanity.

Man, I'm gonna go take a sharpie to all my MOSPEADA merchandise now and correct it to Mospeeder. You think that'll hurt the value?

Can we call this Mospeeder bit dead now? My further posts will be back on subject.

I think they should redesign the hovertank to make it a more functional design and more in tune with what you see in Mospeada (not to say everything we see in Mospeada is more functional, just more in line with the art). That way there you could tie it to Southern Cross without jolting Mospeada fans.

...Have you seen the show???

If that's directed toward me... yeah, I have. I would think it's safe to say that Yellow is certainly a main character. Does that make me think he should be femmed up on the cover of every DVD? Nah, not so much. Afterall, I would say he was portrayed more often as his masculine self than as his feminine counterpart.

Man, I'm gonna go take a sharpie to all my MOSPEADA merchandise now and correct it to Mospeeder.  You think that'll hurt the value?

Nah. It'll increase once it's properly labelled.

Can we call this Mospeeder bit dead now? 

NEVER!

The new video has some making of footage, and a much clearer video of the trailer. Looks fantastic. It would appear that they didn't kidify the story to make it "hip".

Edited by Pat S

If it was supposed to be "Mospeeder" wouldn't the kana be "mo-su-spi-de-ru" ?

And Yellow's whole schtick was that he was discuising himself as a woman, take into account that Amano's art is very feminine to begin with, and I don't see why you would be surprised at all with the covers.

Just watched the trailer 2... here is some of my thoughts:

1. The character designs are not unique. It looks so plain and flat (A common problem of American-design-wannabe-anime/manga) which means it doesn't have it's own character design style like other Anime. (Because RT:SC didn't hire a Japanese character designer)

2. MOSPEADA 2

3. No new mech design?

4. You call that weak-designed ship, SDF-3? :ph34r: Mr.Kawamori will not be very happy about it.

5. If I cannot watch RT:SC for free (no VOD or POV or DVD) on TV, I will not watch it.

Last, I will not consider RT:SC as anime.

Edited by ogami

Dr. Movie is doing the animation, or at least the CGI elements.

As far as I know, DR Movie is doing 100% of the animation (2D and 3D) and Tatsunoko is doing zilch. Makes sense, it costs HG less money that way.

It's been said that DR Movie sees this as their chance to break out from under the sway of Japanese animation studios. If this thing becomes popular in America, it will put DR Movie in a better position to negotiate their own terms on future projects.

I am really awesome because I can read japanese, and will glady correct anyone who disagrees with me regarding a translation, even if they are using the official translation from the original creators of the show.

Fixed it for ya.

Now excuse me while I start a thread complaining about how this site should be renamed MacurosuWorld.

311918[/snapback]

JBO your the best!

Oh and uh I do know japanese.

Anyone watching the new godzillar and ultrar man? YEE HA! :lol:

311927[/snapback]

Except that, you're both still being idiots.

"Godzilla" isn't even "Godzilla" in Japanese - it's "Gojira." Of course, you already knew that.

Ultraman = "Urutoraman," which is, Ultraman.

Makurosu (the "u" after the k and at the end are essentially silent) = Makros, which is, Macross.

So, you're all basically being idiots, trying to clown me, but you continue to clown yourselves.

The assertion that we should rename Macross "makurosu" is stupid, because when did I, or anyone else, say we should use literal roman translation for titles?

The point I am making is that the title is pronounced "Mospeeder," regardless of what you fools keep yammering on about.

Even if you use the "official" english spelling of "M O S P E A D A," it is STILL pronounced as "Mospeeder," due to the manner in which the Japanese pronounce english words. Ask any native Japanese person to pronounce the title of the show, and it will always sound like "Mospeeder," unless they have some kind of speech impediment.

I'm done with this thread, feel free to get the last word in because I'm not going to continue proving you guys don't know what youre talking about.

Cheers

Are you even native japanese? Probably not, but seems like you think you know better since you hang with more japanese than we do or something like that.

And intro to SDF macross

MA KU ROS MA KU ROS

How the ku in the middle is silent baffles me since I sure as hell heard it loud and clear.

And then theres that one time where you said its unlikely this would be marketed to japan as mospeada II yet HG already announced plans long ago that in japan, that is there intention, to release it as a sequel to mospeada. The japanese fans might not care who Rick Hunter is, hell the design might even change, to them he must be some random guy, as long as they don't name stick as roy focker and grant as claudia, there will be no problem.

And I bet your gonna post anyways.

And no me and JBO aren't idiots.

Ya know for a guy that is a lurker you come off here as a wanna be "websters dictionary of how-to-pronounce-japanese-and-anime-words-the-right-way-because-i-am-so-cool-and-know-japanese-people-and-you-others-are-idiots-who-pronounce-things-wrong-and-this-boosts-and-proves-my-superior-knowledsge-l33t1sm-of-japanese-phoenetics-further-more-solidifying-my-ego-desu-and-i-know-more-than-you" kinda guy.

Way to make a 1st impression.

Hey agent, I think he's  an arnold hater though.  Oh why did I even say that!?>?  Now Kazuo's gonna tell us whether AHnuld or ARO nold or ARNOLD is the right pronounciation!  LOL :lol:

312225[/snapback]

HAHAHA! Thats funny... Yes if he corrects our spelling or pron of the Oak's name I will scrub his mother between my ass cheeks.

"Godzilla" isn't even "Godzilla" in Japanese - it's "Gojira." Of course, you already knew that.

Ultraman = "Urutoraman," which is, Ultraman.

Makurosu (the "u" after the k and at the end are essentially silent) = Makros, which is, Macross.

So, you're all basically being idiots, trying to clown me, but you continue to clown yourselves.

The point I am making is that the title is pronounced "Mospeeder," regardless of what you fools keep yammering on about.

Even if you use the "official" english spelling of "M O S P E A D A," it is STILL pronounced as "Mospeeder," due to the manner in which the Japanese pronounce english words. Ask any native Japanese person to pronounce the title of the show, and it will always sound like "Mospeeder," unless they have some kind of speech impediment.

I'm done with this thread, feel free to get the last word in because I'm not going to continue proving you guys don't know what youre talking about.

Cheers

312212[/snapback]

Wow, not very active on Macrossworld and you're just now working overtime to make a total ass of yourself. Congratulations on all your hard work.

In all honesty, it would appear that you have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about. If they had wanted it pronounced "mospeeder", they would've SPELLED IT "mospeeder". But they (being the creators and all), like the REST of the world understand how incredibly monkeyass RETARDED that sounds and spelled it "MOSPEADA" because that is how it is pronounced.

And your ignorance really shines here....

The assertion that we should rename Macross "makurosu" is stupid, because when did I, or anyone else, say we should use literal roman translation for titles?

........ ummm because most (not all) of us here speak english as our primary language? BW provided the romanized version of the title to be "Macross" so that's how we pronounce it. Likewise "Mospeada" was provided as the english translation for it's title... hence MOSPEADA.

If we're all idots that are trying to clown you, what are you even still doing here?

Edited by Skull Leader

In the world of the mute, the man who talks out his ass is king. Here, you're just driving an argument based on flawed logic into the ground. Next time I'm speaking Japanese you can tell me I'm saying "MOSPEADA" wrong; when I'm typing it in a forum you better bow down to the proper and internationally accepted spelling of it.

Last, I will not consider RT:SC as anime.

Oh christ... isn't Anime just the french word for cartoon. Let's not get elitist with French words please, the French are already high enough on themselves as it is!

(J/P you french MWers).

3. No new mech design?

4. You call that weak-designed ship, SDF-3?  Mr.Kawamori will not be very happy about it.

First off, Kawamori could give a crap about RT using the term 'SDF'. If he didn't care about Macross II he's certainly not going to think RT is worth moving his bowels over. Second off, you're watching rough previews, HG has shown artwork for new mechs (if you really want something to complain about, you should check those out). Third off, if this is going to be MOSPEADA 2 in Japan then wouldn't it make sense for vehicles, like the SDF-3 and the like, to tie in to the vehicles that were in MOSPEADA. Timewise I think RT:SC is supposed to take place shortly after the ending of New Gen.

That's funny, because if you WATCH THE SHOW, that U is very much audible.

The point you're trying to make is that YOUR romanization takes precedence over the creators' romanization.

The creators of Macross romanized it as Macross.

The creators of MOSPEADA romanized it as MOSPEADA.

There is no question of vagaries of the language, diffrences of translation, or anything else, because it's already BEEN romanized by the creators. Your argument consists of "the creators have no f'ing clue what they were trying to say."

Even if you use the "official" english spelling of "M O S P E A D A,"

Scrap the quotes aoround official, as they are clearly intended to imply that its NOT the official spelling, or that there is no official spelling.

The creators DID have an official spelling, they made a whole english logo and a damned acronym around it. You're being a dumbass.

it is STILL pronounced as "Mospeeder," due to the manner in which the Japanese pronounce english words. Ask any native Japanese person to pronounce the title of the show, and it will always sound like "Mospeeder," unless they have some kind of speech impediment.

That's nice. Shame this is a textual conversation, so all the nuances of sound get lost.

Maybe you should use a pronunciation key to type it next time, since you're attempting to represent the sound of the word.

Or better yet, use the actual japanese characters instead of making up a romanization. Why attempt to render it into a completely foreign alphabet at all?

Also... maybe you should start correcting the spelling of english words. Like know. That's spelled TOTALLY wrong. It should be no, and that's how I intend to type it from now on. U no wear eye'm cuming frum, rite?

As of yet, all you've proven is YOU don't know what you're talking about. Or rather, writing about.

Edited by JB0

you guys do realize that you're arguing about something that cannot be determined, right? japanese romanization is not a perfect science - either english/non-japanese to japanese and vice versa. ;)

Yes Leb, but Kazuo decided upon himself to show his superiority over all of us here, thus the whole debacle you witness.

maybe its really "mosh pitter", Isamu. lol

Though I doubt yellow belmont would mosh at all.

And Leb you left out another perfect science...Agent 1's blog! Now THAT is perfect science...I got chicks coming at me left and right!

LOL

Moe's speedo?

312354[/snapback]

LOL! I guess I was wrong. There IS a correct translation after all! :lol:

edit: A-1 has a blog??? this, i need to see! :p

Edited by lebhead

you guys do realize that you're arguing about something that cannot be determined, right? japanese romanization is not a perfect science - either english/non-japanese to japanese and vice versa. ;)

312348[/snapback]

EXCEPT when the original creators have an acronym that they're DE-romanizing for hte japanese title. :p

Either way, though... it's generally considered in good taste to accept the creator's version instead of telling everyone that uses it that they're stupid.

312348[/snapback]

Lebhead, posting again?!? Who'd of thunk it? Nice to see you back. B))

Well, when they write "MOSPEADA" in the title, and that's how they pronounce it in the show, I guess you got to think the word is actually MOSPEADA. ;)

sorry, but i have lost all interest in this thread (and all else in life for that matter) since discovering Agent One's blog.

i now have a purpose.

edit: thanks, wes. nice to be back.

Lebhead, posting again?!? Who'd of thunk it? Nice to see you back. 
Edited by lebhead

maybe its really "mosh pitter", Isamu. lol

Though I doubt yellow belmont would mosh at all.

312351[/snapback]

Maybe its M.A.S.H Peter. Maybe the creators intended it to be about a surgeon named Peter fighting off Inbit, but not liking it and making jokes about it to his superiors.

:p:)

Cheers

312212[/snapback]

And where's your reply to this?

"If it was supposed to be "Mospeeder" wouldn't the kana be "mo-su-spi-da-ru" ?"

Seems to be a major hole in your little theory, there's no kana in the name for an R sound, and as such, no real means of it being "speeder."