Diecast Aircraft Collectors

I've been tempted by the Su-24, it's a cool/unique plane.  (never actually seen one though).  Ironically the latest Ukrainian release looks the best so far.  I may end up with a mostly Ukrainian collection of "Russian" planes.  

(My only Flanker sighting was in Ukrainian camo, though no longer owned by Ukraine at that point).  Would love a model of it:

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

S14's website is here: http://s14.shop-pro.jp/

The Sukhois are long out of print. 

The AC-130 was available at top-gun.jp until just a few days ago. I managed to get one myself. There's one on Ebay right now.  The price is very high but close to what you'd have to pay if you were using a proxy buyer in Japan.

If you're thinking about getting S14's Tomcats models, be aware that they are slightly off-scale.

thanks for the link Vifam! your google-fu is clearly superior to mine :lol:

i had those Su-33s in my Amiami cart all those years ago. they were supposed to be my first s14 purchases, so i initially wondered why they were pricey (for the scale, and i didn't know back then they were diecast) and left them in the cart for a few days. big mistake :crazy:

i've since tracked down most of the back catalog online and on various trips, but this pair has remained elusive even on YAJ. i guess i'm just hoping some old stock is still languishing somewhere in hobby shops in the west. i'm not really an aircraft diecast collector so i have little knowledge of what shops, besides the usual suspects, carry them.

PO'd my AC-130 from HS. was waiting for them on a shipment method change, but when i saw it sold out, i just went ahead and paid, lol. too late about the Tomcats though. the 3 variants were part of that AC-130 order.

btw, on the s14 website i noticed the carrier deck display is 50% off and they tend to be hard to find. i chanced upon them in a Radio Kaikan shop, so i already have a couple.

81032610_o3.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=201511171

4 hours ago, treatment said:

The Aviation Fighters and the stand are in 1/144 scale.

May work with Tomytecs, but may not with HMRs since the HMRs are 1/100ish (1/90ish, per Jenius iirc).

Then again, a 1/100 HMR VF-1 maybe the same size as a regular 1/144 F-14.  

Don't know for sure since I don't have any 1/144 aircraft... :unknw:

yeah, they're not to scale with HMR so some eyeball fudging is in order. but weight-wise, these stands should handle HMRs without issue. below is a big 144 made of metal

slideshow_img_e9edd6.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

yeah, they're not to scale with HMR so some eyeball fudging is in order. but weight-wise, these stands should handle HMRs without issue. below is a big 144 made of metal

slideshow_img_e9edd6.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=

Cool. Who makes that ac130?  They’re just bad ass. 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...