STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

The Jimmy Smits shot reminds me of that email that's going around at the moment - the one with the CHiPS guy in a really gay 80's pose and the caption reads, "just in case you forgot.. you're gay!" well, you had to be there. The other 2 pics are fantastic. about 90 or so days to go!!

I just want another X-Wing game, is that so much to ask? 

That, and another Tie-Fighter game. That game was the greatest.

I agree, we're past due for an x-wing or tie-fighter game. Hell, I'm surprised they haven't tried to do anything for the PT. I'd even settle for a re-release that was compatible with WinXP.

I just want another X-Wing game, is that so much to ask? 

That, and another Tie-Fighter game. That game was the greatest.

I agree, we're past due for an x-wing or tie-fighter game. Hell, I'm surprised they haven't tried to do anything for the PT. I'd even settle for a re-release that was compatible with WinXP.

Don't even get me started.

And people are trying to tout SWG: Jump to Lightspeed as being just as good.

NOT!

NOT!

I almost bought SWG just to get the chance to dogfight in an fighter again, but then I started reading reveiws that pretty much said you couldn't even get a fighter unless you'd had massive credits or XP you'd been building since the game intitally launched. Frankly, I'm not going to play or pay for 6months at 20+ hours a week just for the CHANCE to fly. They need to stop with the Rogue Leaders and make a sim-type game. Not to go any further off-topic but, anyone else prefer the A-Wing over any other figher in the games?

NOT!

I almost bought SWG just to get the chance to dogfight in an fighter again, but then I started reading reveiws that pretty much said you couldn't even get a fighter unless you'd had massive credits or XP you'd been building since the game intitally launched. Frankly, I'm not going to play or pay for 6months at 20+ hours a week just for the CHANCE to fly. They need to stop with the Rogue Leaders and make a sim-type game. Not to go any further off-topic but, anyone else prefer the A-Wing over any other figher in the games?

I liked the A-wing more for the 'protect the convoy' type missions - you could zip around super fast and fend off attacking tie fighters. but I'd always choose the xwing for the perfect balance of speed, toughness and firepower. the y-wing was just a crawling death trap. :rolleyes:

I loathed any mission with a y-wing. Especially the "protect the convoy from 18 waves of tie bombers while the tie-interceptors hammer you" kind. The B-wing was a pretty good fighther too from what I remember. Not as nimble as the xwing but definitely could deal some damage.

Yeah, they really REALLY need a new X-Wing game.. like, redone.. with graphics that look like X-Wings, not the hideous boxes and stuff.

See, what's odd, is that the X-Wing series of books was based on the X-Wing games.. now, I want a game based on those books. :p They were just awesome. And a good storyline wouldn't hurt either. Do you know the last sim I played with a branching storyline? Wing Commander III. Yeah. the one with Mark Hamil from 10+ years ago. Somehow, the idea of a good story is lost upon the sim community.

Of course, no X-Wing game will ever live up the my expectations.. I'm an X-Wing maniac at heart.. see, I'd want the IL-2 or CFS3 equivalent of X-Wing- complete with plotting hyperspace jumps manually, actual landing sequences (where you land manually), atmospheric missions, etc.. maybe giving support to ground troops? I dunno, I've got more model X-Wings than I can count, it's the only model I have more of than Tomcats. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and the graphics better look even better than this pic. If I can make that on my home PC, there's no reason they can't do better. The graphics in X-Wing Alliance blew chunks. Don't do that again, LucasFarts.

Ok, yeah, so dreaming of X-Wing 4.0 over now...Back to your regularly scheduled topic.

But I really hope they can come up with a good battle this time... I think what made the AOTC battle so unbelieveable was the fact that it was land based.. CG works better in space, I think.. you don't have to worry about the landscape, and can just go nuts with the craft details. :)

post-26-1108425266_thumb.jpg

Yeah, they really REALLY need a new X-Wing game.. like, redone.. with graphics that look like X-Wings, not the hideous boxes and stuff.

Oh yeah, and the graphics better look even better than this pic.  If I can make that on my home PC, there's no reason they can't do better.  The graphics in X-Wing Alliance blew chunks.  Don't do that again, LucasFarts.

There isn't anything on the Lucasarts horizon, but this just might be what you're looking for, at least to tie you over for a bit.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com

Not all of the upgraded models are of equal quality. But most of the Alliance and Imperial fighters are something else.

The X-Wing and B-Wings are especially well done.

I almost bought SWG just to get the chance to dogfight in an fighter again, but then I started reading reveiws that pretty much said you couldn't even get a fighter unless you'd had massive credits or XP you'd been building since the game intitally launched.  Frankly, I'm not going to play or pay for 6months at 20+ hours a week just for the CHANCE to fly.  

It's not nearly that difficult to get into space in SWG:Jump To Lightspeed. You're even given a starter ship, now with hyperdrive, and upgrades really aren't all that expensive. That review you're reading is a massive exageration, as JTL was designed to be playable even to newcomers to the game.

The gameplay however, is MMORPG fare. Kill fighter after fighter, levelling, with slightly shallow plots and missions. It's no X-Wing, and it's no XWA.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Why is that robot wearing a cloak?

Answer a) Beacuse otherwise he'd be naked.

Answer b) Cus he feels cold?

Graham

Answer c) hes a robot that can snap your neck like a chick bone so asking it that would be your last question you make.

Edited by Zentrandude

Oh yeah, and the graphics better look even better than this pic.  If I can make that on my home PC, there's no reason they can't do better.  The graphics in X-Wing Alliance blew chunks.  Don't do that again, LucasFarts.

There isn't anything on the Lucasarts horizon, but this just might be what you're looking for, at least to tie you over for a bit.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com

Not all of the upgraded models are of equal quality. But most of the Alliance and Imperial fighters are something else.

The X-Wing and B-Wings are especially well done.

I almost bought SWG just to get the chance to dogfight in an fighter again, but then I started reading reveiws that pretty much said you couldn't even get a fighter unless you'd had massive credits or XP you'd been building since the game intitally launched.  Frankly, I'm not going to play or pay for 6months at 20+ hours a week just for the CHANCE to fly. 

It's not nearly that difficult to get into space in SWG:Jump To Lightspeed. You're even given a starter ship, now with hyperdrive, and upgrades really aren't all that expensive. That review you're reading is a massive exageration, as JTL was designed to be playable even to newcomers to the game.

The gameplay however, is MMORPG fare. Kill fighter after fighter, levelling, with slightly shallow plots and missions. It's no X-Wing, and it's no XWA.

-Al

I was always partial to the Rogue Squadron series. I dig more of an arcade style feel to my SW shooters. Its a real pity that the last one sucked pretty bad(stupid non-ship levels!). I think my favorite was playing through Rogue Leader with my best friend. We were hootin and hollerin after we blew up Death Star II. :)

NOT!

I almost bought SWG just to get the chance to dogfight in an fighter again, but then I started reading reveiws that pretty much said you couldn't even get a fighter unless you'd had massive credits or XP you'd been building since the game intitally launched. Frankly, I'm not going to play or pay for 6months at 20+ hours a week just for the CHANCE to fly.

That is entirely untrue.

You get a free ship when you start in JTL. You also get more than enough creds to buy a new ship by the time you qualify for the next tier of fighters. You can also upgrade the shizzle out of your ship with either player made parts or loot. Loot being better most of the time.

Pilot professions take no xp to get novice, and once you get novice you get missions that build you up with huge chunks of xp including some of them being free. (no xp cost).

The only issue I have with JTL is it's too slow. It doesn't feel like a sim....it's just slow.

You can get both JTL and SWG for 10 days for free now. You have nothing to lose with that.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a new X-wing game, I remember when Alliance came out there was an interview in which Lucasarts claimed that it was their "last original trilogy simulator."

Who knows for sure, but I wouldn't bet on a new one.

If I recall correctly, both X-Wing and TIE Fighter were designed by a duo, who split afterwards and only one of them stayed with LucasArts and did the Alliance game, thus the completely different feel from the 2 previous games.

In other words, the magic is gone.

What I wouldn't give to blast away at Rebel Scums in a TIE Defender again...

damn, wish I hadn't seen that last one!

man, this thread is like a car crash. I don't want to look but I can't help it. :rolleyes:

EDIT- and I might just eat my words and buy another star wars toy. I have to say it looks pretty neat. And who would have thought, in that yellow scheme.

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSsneakstarfighter.asp

Edited by Guppy

damn, wish I hadn't seen that last one!

man, this thread is like a car crash. I don't want to look but I can't help it. :rolleyes:

EDIT- and I might just eat my words and buy another star wars toy. I have to say it looks pretty neat. And who would have thought, in that yellow scheme.

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSsneakstarfighter.asp

I bought one for both myself and my son, and I gotta say, its friggin awesome looking. If you get the chance, pick it up. It kinda reminds me of a bastard child of a snowspeeder, jedi starfighter, and Darth Mauls ship.

oh is that the toy for thenew jedi type star fighter? it looks pretty good it does not seem to look overly toyish like some of the other star wars toys i have seen, do they have the red one as well?

chris

If I recall correctly, both X-Wing and TIE Fighter were designed by a duo, who split afterwards and only one of them stayed with LucasArts and did the Alliance game, thus the completely different feel from the 2 previous games.

In other words, the magic is gone.

What I wouldn't give to blast away at Rebel Scums in a TIE Defender again...

I don't know about all that, but I do know that Alliance was done by a different company, licensed by Lucasarts. As for "different feel", well, Alliance was closer in feel to the original X-Wing and TIE-Fighter than the horrible X-Wing Versus TIE-Fighter was. Alliance was basically the same as the original games, but with much better graphics, whereas XvT altered the performance of many of the fighters.

So she's lying on a bed (wherever the scene takes place). It's a scne we all know is in there, i.e. common knowledge. The pic where Yoda and Obi-wan are walking in the great hall with all the bodies strewn around was a lot more revealing and no one bitched about that one.

Personally, the title says Ep. III ***PICS*** so some spoilerish pics are to be expected, but I don't consider anything shown so far to be too spoilerish. If you don't want to risk seeing pics DON'T OPEN THE THREAD people. All you've done lately Duke is bitch and it's getting annoying. No offence though.

A pic along the lines of Windu's death at the hands of whoever the hell it is that whacks him, would be spoilerish.

(Edited the above so there's no more confusion as to what I was saying.)

Edited by Anubis

I don't know about all that, but I do know that Alliance was done by a different company, licensed by Lucasarts. As for "different feel", well, Alliance was closer in feel to the original X-Wing and TIE-Fighter than the horrible X-Wing Versus TIE-Fighter was. Alliance was basically the same as the original games, but with much better graphics, whereas XvT altered the performance of many of the fighters.

X-Wing Alliance was developed by Totally Games, Lawrence Holland's company, who was involved or, as Totally Games, entirely developed, most air or space combat simulations (not sure about Rogue Squadron series) of Lucasfilm Games and Lucasarts during the 90s, from Battlehawks 1942 (kudos to whoever remember the third use of that game engine ;)) to Secret Weapons of Normandy.

That includes all the X-Wing Series, of course B))