STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

Who says that Hayden doesn't have what it takes to be Vader?

ME!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, but then again since you probably don't have the millions of dollars that Lucas has to fund the production, I guess we won't see you casting any Star Wars films in the near future. :p

Very true, I just always pictured Darth vader is a Manly man, not a pretty boy, who forgot to go through puberty.

All you need to do to live with it is realize that Anakin Skywalker is a pretty boy and Darth Vader is as manly as a half robot half man can be. :)

A similar analogy is that Anna Kournikova wasn't drool-worthy until AFTER she passed puberty. :lol:

Very true, I just always pictured Darth vader is a Manly man, not a pretty boy, who forgot to go through puberty.

Apparently you missed his son at around the same age.

Whiney farm boy Young Skywalker is the is naturally the son of a whiney slave-boy Young Skywalker.

I just realized where George is gonna blow this movie. Instead of just having Obi Wan send Anakin into the firey depths of the lava, he'll do one of those "bad guy is hanging on for his life, good guy offers to help him up, bad guys lets go instead". Ya know, Anakin realizes everything he has done in that one moment, and can't turn back, so he decides to let go and end his life.

Lucas is going to steal that one moment, that one huge roar from the audiance when Obi Wan kicks Anakin's ass, and he'll throw us that cliche. You can just feel it.

I just realized where George is gonna blow this movie. Instead of just having Obi Wan send Anakin into the firey depths of the lava, he'll do one of those "bad guy is hanging on for his life, good guy offers to help him up, bad guys lets go instead". Ya know, Anakin realizes everything he has done in that one moment, and can't turn back, so he decides to let go and end his life.

Lucas is going to steal that one moment, that one huge roar from the audiance when Obi Wan kicks Anakin's ass, and he'll throw us that cliche. You can just feel it.

Duke please don't say such things, I want to see the battle bad, and Anakin to be totally darkened at that point, irredeemable, and sent into the lava by a swift kick from Obi-Wan. Now Obi-Wan diving after to save his friend I can except, but not Anakin hanging on with any kind of self redemption.

So good of you to drop by, Master Windu....

lol... those chairs look so small like kiddy chairs... or Yoda sized chairs. They look wrong.

hmmm... but he wasn't totally beyond redemption. I mean he got redeemed 20 years later didn't he ^^. Though Obi-wan certainly didn't seem to keen on trying then. So maybe he got tired of it at that point (I mean all the times some Jedi in the comics has asked Vader to give up his evil ways before, he kills them).

But I can see what Duke said happening.... not just cause it's a cliche (and Lucas loves those... along with stupid lines like "Oh what a drag" "I'm quite beside myself" from C-3PO)... but cause that's what Jedi do. They always show mercy to a defensless opponent and always try to bring the wayward back to the light. ^^ that's how they get light side points ^^ (yes I've been playing too much KOTOR I and II).

Anways... the one last chance at salvation thing an be done okay....

like in the Mortal Kombat movie novelization when Johnny Cage offered to help Goro up "No... I am a warrior of the (whatever) I will die with honor". *loved that part in the book, wish it had happened int the movie*

or in Sakura Taisen when Micheal offered to take Satan back to heaven so he could ask for forgivenes... I LOVED THAT ^^....

but most of the time it's cheese... but I've seen it done okay.

I can't see Lucas going for the "let go" approach. I read before Anakin might lose a leg too. That would be a nice end.

ObiWan should definately put the end to Anakin.

Cnn has a small article with Samuel L. Jackson, where it was said Windu gets over a hundered moves and 3 big rooms for his final fight.

That will be good.

I can't see Lucas going for the "let go" approach. I read before Anakin might lose a leg too. That would be a nice end.

Cnn has a small article with Samuel L. Jackson, where it was said Windu gets over a hundered moves and 3 big rooms for his final fight.

That will be good.

Windua dies after a (info from back when I subscribed to hyperspace) 117 hit lightsaber battle.

I figure it's Grievous.

I can't see Lucas going for the "let go" approach.  I read before Anakin might lose a leg too.  That would be a nice end.

That will be good.

Windua dies after a (info from back when I subscribed to hyperspace) 117 hit lightsaber battle.

I figure it's Grievous.

Supposed to be Anakin from what I've read.

Well it would parallel nicely with Luke letting go as Vader/Anakin reaches out in the Empire Strikes Back... and for once in the PT, might actually add additional depth and meaning to the original OT scene. So as cliche as it is, it wouldn't be out of place. That said, I'd rather see Obi Wan kick the whiny snot into lava.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

I accepted Hayden when was 1`st announced as Anakin ! BTW check this pic, it has something simillar with SW :)

http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_city_centr...ics/batman4.jpg

Dang what is that from? Looking at that were Christian Bale a little younger he would rock as Anakin, definitely dark and bad mofo enough.

Dang what is that from? Looking at that were Christian Bale a little younger he would rock as Anakin, definitely dark and bad mofo enough.

So true. He might look a bit closer to Sebastian Shaw (old Anakin) than Hayden does. At least he doesn't have whiny pretty boy written all over his face. James Franco would have been an interesting Anakin, too.

But then again, they'd all have to overcome Lucas's abysmal writing and directing, that somehow transforms top tier actors into stiff dopplegangers of themselves.

-Al

Windua dies after a (info from back when I subscribed to hyperspace) 117 hit lightsaber battle?

117 hits?! What the hell is this, Mortal Kombat??? Wouldn't it be great as Anakin prepares to finish off Windu, big blood red text appears on screen saying "FINISH HIM" Huh, huh? Cmon, that would be sooooooo rad!! :lol:

Edited by Seven

Windua dies after a (info from back when I subscribed to hyperspace) 117 hit lightsaber battle?

117 hits?! What the hell is this, Mortal Kombat??? Wouldn't it be great as Anakin prepares to finish off Windu, big blood red text appears on screen saying "FINISH HIM" Huh, huh? Cmon, that would be sooooooo rad!! :lol:

probably meaning a 117 move fight. not 117 hits. in a lightsaber battle.. heck, even in a regualr sword battle, after 117 hits what would you have left?

I accepted Hayden when was 1`st announced as Anakin ! BTW check this pic,  it has something simillar with SW  :)

Link is broken but Christian Bale is way more built than Hayden will ever be. Just check out American Psycho.

So would win? Batman or Vader?

http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_city_centr...atmanonroof.jpg

Edited by ComicKaze

I accepted Hayden when was 1`st announced as Anakin ! BTW check this pic,  it has something simillar with SW  :)

Link is broken but Christian Bale is way more built than Hayden will ever be. Just check out American Psycho.

batmanonroof.jpg

are you kidding? batman would get cleaned out by darth vader.

batman, most over rated character since wolverine, imo.

batmanonroof.jpg

Maybe David Prowse Vader but not Hayden Vader!

post-26-1106086332.jpg

This is really OT. But I dunno... I really liked how in the Marvel DC war Batman and Captain America were used as the keys cause they were the two most human of the heros. Batman has charm ^^ But yes Vader would ownz him.

ohh they give out alot of info on that site, i am still very interested in seeing it however.

So what? According to that the movie ends. Wouldn't this totally blow if the ending of RotS was Vader being cranked up on that table with the arms in wussy position and then screen-wipe to that "dun da dun da dun dun dun dun" Star Wars credit music.

There's a lot of stuff missing from that quick summary, a LOT of the details, so I'd take the tidbits with a grain of salt. There's still hope for at least a nice Vader monologue. Some Vader ass-kicking is on my top must-see list though.

Anyone that's read anything till now could have strung that article together. Not much new there.

Edited by Anubis

I think you guys are already setting yourselves up for a disappointment. "Darth Vader" does indeed kick mucho Jedi arse in this movie, but by all accounts (and more than one spoiler report) Darth Vader plus the black suit only appears in the last reel of the movie. Think about it: The Anakin/Obi Wan duel is not only the climax of the film but the entire Prequel Trilogy. After that we'll be see an extended denouement with the birth of the twins, the resuscitation of Vader and the death of Padme. Finally, the surviving characters will all go their seperate ways; Obi Wan and Luke to Tatooine, Yoda to Dagobah, Bail and Leia to Alderaan, and finally Vader accepting his place as a slave at Palpatine's side. That's all that the story needs to bring it full circle to where we pick up again in ANH. Vader will have already killed many Jedi, and it will be made clear that he will have his work cut out for him finishing the job. Fast forward 20 year to ANH and Obi Wan will tell us that "Now the Jedi are all but extinct."

Borrowed from another forum...

Some excerpts/highlights from the EP3 lead-in novel, "Labyrinth Of Evil":

(Thanks to Rhonderoo)

Regarding Sidious, Dooku, Sifo-Dyas and the ordering of the clones....

Dooku was an eager student, and yet Sidious had continued to hold him at arm's length. Perhaps he had been working with other potential replacements for his earier apprentice, the savage Darth Maul, who, in fact, had been nothing more than a minion, like Asajj Ventress and General Grievous. Sidious had recognized in Dooku the makings of a true accomplice - an equal from the other camp, already trained in the Jedi arts, a master duelist, a political visionary. But he needed to gauge the depth of Dooku's commitment.

"One of your former confidants in the Jedi Temple has percieved the coming change", Sidious had told him. "This one has contacted a group of cloners, regarding the creation of an army for the Republic. The order for the army can stand, for we will be able to make use of that army someday. But Master Sifo-Dyas cannot stand, for the Jedi cannot learn about the army until we are prepared to have them learn of it."

And so with the murder of Sifo-Dyas, Dooku had embraced the dark side fully, and Sidious conferred on him the title of Darth Tyrannus. His final act before leaving the Jedi Order was to erase all mention of Kamino from the Jedi archives. Then, he had found Fett on Bogg 4; had instructed him to deliver himself to Kamino; and had arranged for payment to be made to the cloners through circuitous routes... 

Obi-Wan and Anakin discussing Padme....

Obi-Wan frowned sympathetically. "You can't afford to miss her in that way."

"And exactly what way is that, Master?"

"Because you cannot be married to both."

"Who said anything about marriage? She's a friend. I miss her as a friend!"

"You would forgo your destiny for Padme?"

Anakin's brows beetled in anger. "I never claimed to be the Chosen One. That was Qui-Gon. Even the Council doesn't believe it anymore, so why should you?"

"Because I think you believe it," Obi-Wan said calmly. "I think you know in your heart that you're meant for something extraordinary."

"And you, Master. What does your heart tell you you're meant for?"

"Infinite sadness," Obi-Wan said, even while smiling.

Upon finding out about the Coruscant invasion.....

Anakin shot Obi-Wan an embittered look and began to storm away.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan said, following his footsteps.

Anakin whirled on him. "We were wrong to come here, Master. I was wrong to come here. It was all a feint, and we fell for it. We are being kept away from Coruscant, I can feel it."

Obi folded his arms across his chest. "You wouldn't be saying that if we had captured Dooku."

"But we didn't, Master. That's what counts And now no communication with Coruscant? You don't even see it, do you?"

Obi-Wan regarded him carefully. "See what, Anakin?"

Anakin started to speak, then cut himself off, a new fire in his eyes. "You're my best friend. Tell me what I should do. Forget for a moment that you're wearing the robes of a Jedi and tell me what I should do!"

Stung by the gravity in Anakin's voice, Obi-Wan fell silent for a moment, then said: "The force is our ally, Anakin. When we're mindful of the force, our actions are in accord with the will of the force. Tythe wasn't a wrong choice, its just that we're ignorant of its import in the greater scheme."

Anakin lowered his head in sadness. "You're right, Master. My mind isn't as fast as my lightsaber." He stared at his artificial limb. "My heart isn't as imperveous to pain as my right hand."

Obi-Wan felt as if someone had knotted his insides. He had failed his apprentice and closest friend. Anakin was suffering and the only balm he offered were Jedi platitudes. His body heaved a shuddering breath. 

Dooku and Palpatine about drawing Anakin into their trap/test....

Palpatine was hardly the prize he appeared to be. The greater prize, Sidious had told Dooku during the most recent communication, was Anakin Skywalker.

"Long have you watched him," Dooku had said, repeating words Sidious himself had spoken.

"Longer than you know, Lord Tyranus. Longer than you know. And the time has come to test him again."

"His skills, my lord?"

"The depth of his anger. His willingness to go beyond the Force, as the Jedi know it and to call on the power of the dark side. General Grievous will activate a special beacon that will call Skywalker and Kenobi back to Coruscant, and onto the stage we will set for them."

But not to capture them.

"You will duel them," Sidious had said. Kill Kenobi. His only purpose is to die and, in so doing, ignite young Skywalker to tap the depths of his fear and rage. Should you defeat Skywalker easily, then we will know that he is not prepared to serve us. Perhaps he never will be prepared. Should he by some fluke best you, however, I will control the outcome to spare you any unnecessary embarrassment, and we will have gained a powerful ally. But above all you must make the contest appear real, Lord Tyranus."

I will treat it as my crowning achievment. 

I think you guys are already setting yourselves up for a disappointment. "Darth Vader" does indeed kick mucho Jedi arse in this movie, but by all accounts (and more than one spoiler report) Darth Vader plus the black suit only appears in the last reel of the movie. Think about it: The Anakin/Obi Wan duel is not only the climax of the film but the entire Prequel Trilogy. After that we'll be see an extended denouement with the birth of the twins, the resuscitation of Vader and the death of Padme. Finally, the surviving characters will all go their seperate ways; Obi Wan and Luke to Tatooine, Yoda to Dagobah, Bail and Leia to Alderaan, and finally Vader accepting his place as a slave at Palpatine's side. That's all that the story needs to bring it full circle to where we pick up again in ANH. Vader will have already killed many Jedi, and it will be made clear that he will have his work cut out for him finishing the job. Fast forward 20 year to ANH and Obi Wan will tell us that "Now the Jedi are all but extinct."

Well said.