Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs DVD

ComicKaze

Ha! I'm not the only person who still remembers saber rider :lol: Jeez what's up with the lame selection of episodes and I wouldn't mind see the original version of it other than the edited YTV stuff.

I remember waking up early Sunday morning to watch the first episode of Sabre Rider, to see if it was any good. I started taping them all thereafter, but they never repeated that series premier and I only ever saw it that one time.

Now that I'm reading more about the series, I'm not too unhappy that in the changes they made to the show, the new creators made it more of a team show instead of all Fireball.

Germany gets all the good stuff. They had a full DVD set release awhile back with great art.

Dale Shacker, the composer of Saber Rider also released two CDs of the Saber Rider Soundtrack including Japanese music and some hilarious modern remixes, homages, and covers by German bands :)

Those Germans really love their Saber Rider.

I'm assuming some of you were also on that list that WEP e-mailed out telling you guys about these discs. $29 for a 2 disc set of wierdly put together episodes is a little much, but I supposed if this will help convince them to release a full set in English, I will have no choice but to buy it.

The only other option is a 4-episode set released in England that actually has the episodes in order but it was a 1-shot.

• 2 years later...

I remember Saber Rider well and it rocked! It aired at 3:30 in the Bay Area on Channel 26 in the late 80's. What I'd like to see is an official US DVD release the same way World Events/Anime Works put out the Voltron DVD's.

"STEED!"

Jesse Blue was awesome. His variable space craft/armor was pretty cool at the time too. I remember he kicked Colt's ass with it on the moon or something like that :D

thanks so much for that pic!! Thats my fav mech of the show!! wonder if there are any toys/model kits of it?

and yes i remember Saber Rider, and i too watched the "butchered" version. Really liked it though and would like to watch the original version too. was searching for this on BT but cant find any :(

Heard that they did additional animation such as April getting a mech horse which was not in the original. Wonder why they like to mess with stories like that? Alot of animation got butchered during that period... weird mentality.

Edited by Shun