IHP 1/72 VF-1 Conversion Kit Recast?

AlphaHX

Please do not use the word "recast" near any IHP product. Mr. Sakamoto is one of the very few sculptors remaining who are still trying to earn a living making variable resin kits for the fan market. Not only is it a personal insult to him, but puts him at risk of loosing the chance to make more licenced products in the future. If that were to happen the loss to the Macross community would be immesurable.

Edit; that should be SaKAmoto

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Please do not use the word "recast" near any IHP product. Mr. Sadamoto is one of the very few sculptors remaining who are still trying to earn a living making variable resin kits for the fan market. Not only is it a personal insult to him, but puts him at risk of loosing the chance to make more licenced products in the future. If that were to happen the loss to the Macross community would be immesurable.

oops! sorry. i wasnt aware of this. :(

please close this thread if you wish.

i didnt make this thread with intentions to insult Mr. Sadamoto. im very grateful for the products that he puts out for us. i apologize once again for my ignorance.

Edited by AlphaHX

Actually, I own 2. :D

Chances of recast are slim to none... this is a very rare & complicated converison kit with many, many small pieces.

i hate you. :p

hahha... just playing.

from reading around these threads... u almost have it all... or do have it all.

nice helmets btw. ;)

wanna sell me one of those conversion kits? ;););)

Actually, I own 2.  :D

Chances of recast are slim to none... this is a very rare & complicated converison kit with many, many small pieces.

i hate you. :p

hahha... just playing.

from reading around these threads... u almost have it all... or do have it all.

nice helmets btw. ;)

wanna sell me one of those conversion kits? ;););)

Possibly ... PM with offer.

Please do not use the word "recast" near any IHP product. Mr. Sadamoto is one of the very few sculptors remaining who are still trying to earn a living making variable resin kits for the fan market. Not only is it a personal insult to him, but puts him at risk of loosing the chance to make more licenced products in the future. If that were to happen the loss to the Macross community would be immesurable.

Not to disagree with your point but does IHP still exist? And I thought the name of the man behind IHP was Mr Sakuragawa. Am I mistaken? The last kit he made was the VB-6 and though it was released under the IHP name initially he soon changed the name to Liquid Stone. Several here at Macross World were on a pre-order list to get one and he couldn't fill that order. The reason as I understood it at the time was he went to work for Yamato and didn't have the time. I don't believe he's worked on any resin kits since then. He's now done the VB-6 for Yamato and I believe he's still working on other projects for them. I'm under the impression we've seen the last of IHP and probably Liquid Stone. If you know something I don't PLEASE set me strait.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Hi Carl,

Too the best of my knowledge, I agree with you about the IHP statements. I too was under the impression that Mr. Sakuragawa was the man responsible behind IHP; & that he now works for Yamato. Unless he does some side projects away from Yamato, I doubt we'll see IHP put out anything else anytime soon. ;)

Months ago Shawn gave us a courteous request to stop with the recast talk.

Months ago couldve been before I was even a member. Shawn should pin a thread about posting rules. That would help out a lot.

I would just like to add another apology to Shawn. I know ignorance isnt an excuse but I would just like to make it clear to Shawn and anyone else that I have offended that I did not make this thread with intentions to hurt the community.

Edited by AlphaHX

Not to disagree with your point but does IHP still exist? And I thought the name of the man behind IHP was Mr Sakuragawa. Am I mistaken? The last kit he made was the VB-6 and though it was released under the IHP name initially he soon changed the name to Liquid Stone. Several here at Macross World were on a pre-order list to get one and he couldn't fill that order. The reason as I understood it at the time was he went to work for Yamato and didn't have the time. I don't believe he's worked on any resin kits since then. He's now done the VB-6 for Yamato and I believe he's still working on other projects for them. I'm under the impression we've seen the last of IHP and probably Liquid Stone. If you know something I don't PLEASE set me strait.

Thanks,

Carl

There are two people who work as team on IHP. Liquid Stone was made as a sidebranch of IHP to sell other types of kits, but ended up being more financialy successfun than IHP.

In fact there were several Liquid Stone items that sold very well at the last Wonderfest. Go to their site and check it out.

IHP is what they do because they want to. Variable resin kits are not cost effective based on how time intensive they are. They do have plans to make more variable Macross kits, but paying bills and putting food on the table comes first. As well as project comitments for other companies.

In fact there were several Liquid Stone items that sold very well at the last Wonderfest. Go to their site and check it out.

I looked for it before I posted but failed to find the link. If you have it could you post it please.

Thanks for the info,

Carl

My comment wasn't really directed to you in particular. The recast threads are all over the board right now. I'm just saying we need to be careful about the open discussions. This stuff thrives in the underground world of PM's and E-mail. ;)

Yes, AlphaHX I don't believe anyone is upset with you.

Cobywan, all excellent points. I'm setting up my own homepage and any future recast projects I'm dirrectly tied to will be handeled there. I'd hoped to do that with the one I'm currently tied to but I'd already held the project up for a year. Not really an excuse just a comment,

Carl

I looked for it before I posted but failed to find the link. If you have it could you post it please.

Thanks for the info,

Carl

I would like to clarify that I made a mistake in my earlier post, it should be Mr. Sakamoto, not Mr. Sadamoto. Very sorry about that.

His website is at; http://www.nn.iij4u.or.jp/~jab/