Top ten least favorite cartoons.

VortexVFX

1. The live-action TMNT series (God, I was a fan of the original cartoons, the movies, and the Mirage studios comics, but the live-series that came out after the third movie was total poop!)

2. He-Man (the original... much preferred "Bravestarr", what He-Man was supposed to be originally before filmation pussed out early on)

3. She-Ra (ok, let's change the demographic of "He-Man" and then always have him bail his dumbass sister out of trouble)

4. Yogi Bear (dealt with it all my life... the only Yogi cartoons I ever enjoyed were when he was on "Laugh Olympics", or the newer ones they used to show on CN by the guys that did Ren and Stimpy)

5. Transformers: Beast Wars (poor application of computer animation.. Optimus Prime ISN'T if he's not an 18-wheeler)

6. Pokemon ('nuff said)

7. The "Real" Ghostbusters (the movies rocked... the filmation cartoon was cool... THIS SUCKED)

8. Robotech (I had the rare blessing, as an American, of seeing Macross first... and thanks to a japanese friend I had in my youth, I knew the differences)

9. X-men (the mid-90s version... SO many X-men out there, and they focused on so few.. poorly drawn and animated at that... LOVED the early 80s version!)

10. Rugrats (this signaled the beginning of the end of good cartoons on Nickelodeon)

Dishonorable Mention: Doug (see #10), anything with the word "Dragonball" in it.

Strongly disagree with some of the recent nominations, but I won't dwell on that.

I will contribute something that I saw blessedly little of, but still hate with a passion: anything with a title consisting of a classic group of characters, plus the word "Babies" or "Baby". The only ones I'm aware of are "Muppet Babies" and "Baby Looney Tunes". If there are any others...well, I'd rather not know.

Here are mine.

1.Witch Hunter Robin(It's basicly watered down poo anime for the hot topic goth crowd or the type of shallow dipshits that gush over shows like Friends and the cast members look like refugees from the Matrix and are souless and snotty)

2.Totally Spies(souless poo,hey let's use to create more robot mall chicks from hell at an early age.)

3.Garaga

I'll think of more.

But I leave Witch Hunter Robin sucks all the ass in the known universe!

1. Macross 7

2. Yu-g-oh

3. Pokemon

4. Salor Moon

5. Care Bears

6. Turbo Teen

7. Jem

8. Tiny toons

9. Dic GI Joe

10. Smurfs

Basically all pussy sh!t.

Well call me a pussy.

Simmer down there you pussy. :lol:

Strongly disagree with some of the recent nominations, but I won't dwell on that.

I will contribute something that I saw blessedly little of, but still hate with a passion: anything with a title consisting of a classic group of characters, plus the word "Babies" or "Baby". The only ones I'm aware of are "Muppet Babies" and "Baby Looney Tunes". If there are any others...well, I'd rather not know.

Yes... I am totally with you. The Mupet Babies show made me want to hurt people.

That other ghostbusters show from the 80s with the gorilla

Hey, the live action version which aired during the 70's was the bomb! It was one of my favorite shows as a kid. And it is the original Ghostbusters, as it pre-dates the Bill Murray/Dan Ackroyd crapfest.

Mislovrit = Jonny Quest

I really hope you are talking about the New Adventures of Jonny Quest. The original was pretty good, even if it does seem cheesy by today's standards.

Here's my list:

Tarzan and the Super Seven

Heathcliff

Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Hour

Inspector Gadget

Smurfs

He-Man

Thundercats

Strawberry Shortcake

Care Bears

Danger Mouse

The Mighty Orbots

Pole Position

Silverhawks

Beetlejuice

Challenge of the Gobots

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

Superfriends (Both versions with the Wonder Twins and that idotic boy, girl, and dog with a cape)

I could go on, but why bother?

Danger Mouse

??? How could you not like Danger Mouse? That show was PHAT for an early 1980s cartoon... especially being on nickelodeon (it's also where Count Duckula got his start!). DM was the original pimp and Penfold was the stupid sidekick every show needed! :)

I forgot to mention the Jetsons!!! holly crap that show really got my nerves... speacially since the father (Cosmo?) was always being bullyed by his midget boss... what a pussy! The movie is even worse, another try by HB to modernise something.. just like that crap of the new scoobie doo movies.. another on the never ending crap fest of cartoons was LaserTag academy and the trully horrendous and pathetic Duck Tales, Woosles (spell?), Gummie Bears and most of the Disney made series, honorable mention to Kim Posible and Winnie the fag :angry:

the maxx  (loved the comic but Mtv = music tv)

I dunno. I've read the comic and seen the show, I have to say I thought it to be a fairly faithful adaptation.

i hated it because it was on a channel that should be devoted to music.

anything on MTV that isn't a music video should burn in hell.

the maxx as a vhs tape in my living room is fine, but on mtv as a show, it's pure evil.

I forgot to mention the Jetsons!!! holly crap that show really got my nerves... speacially since the father (Cosmo?) was always being bullyed by his midget boss... what a pussy! The movie is even worse, another try by HB to modernise something.. just like that crap of the new scoobie doo movies.. another on the never ending crap fest of cartoons was LaserTag academy and the trully horrendous and pathetic Duck Tales, Woosles (spell?), Gummie Bears and most of the Disney made series, honorable mention to Kim Posible and Winnie the fag :angry:

You must mean Gearge Jetson. And yes, he was a major pussy...

But on the brightside of that sucky movie, atleast HB did something that few animators did during that time (circa 1990) was to mix 2d animation with 3d.

Regardless, that show was pretty pointless in terms of plot.

Edited by VortexVFX

1. Macross 7

2. Yu-g-oh

3. Pokemon

4. Salor Moon

5. Care Bears

6. Turbo Teen

7. Jem

8. Tiny toons

9. Dic GI Joe

10. Smurfs

My God! I despise most of the things you've mentioned! :lol:

My list, in no order of priority:

Macross 7 <_< (I could rant, but...)

Pokemon ;) (Not as bad as the one below)

Yu-g-oh <_< (Ugh)

Care Bears :huh:

Jem :angry:

Transformers (post movie) <_<

Sailor Moon (Short skirts can't save everything) :blink:

Smurfs :ph34r: (anyone remember the Smurfs rap song from the late 80's?)

He Man :huh: (The toys were cool, but the cartoon was strange. The animation was too stiff)

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (?) :angry: (The one where it was a football team that somehow switched with the real Arthur and his Knights. I had as a kid a good idea on what a knight should look like and fight. This wasn't it)

I'm sure I'm missing more that I hated as a kid, but these are the ones I can spew out right now.

case closed

I disagree with most of the nominations!!! You guys are mentioning most of the 80's and early 90's cartoons!!!

I won't argue except for case closed (the dub is not the best )... Detective Conan was great to grow up with, it was one of my favorite cartoons of all time.

::sigh::

Tico

I disagree with most of the nominations!!! You guys are mentioning most of the 80's and early 90's cartoons!!!

So. Just because it's from the 80's or early 90's doesn't mean it was gold. Granted some members here ripping on them have only seen them on Cartoon Network etc. I was a kid in the 80's and saw most of the cartoons listed here when they first aired. I hated the Transformers and GI Joe cartoons back then and I still do today. I did like the toys though but I don't care for them anymore. And anyone who liked Inspector Gadget...well ....nevermind. ;)

1. Macross 7

2. Yu-g-oh

3. Pokemon

4. Salor Moon

5. Care Bears

6. Turbo Teen

7. Jem

8. Tiny toons

9. Dic GI Joe

10. Smurfs

Yu-g-oh <_< (Ugh)

He Man :huh: (The toys were cool, but the cartoon was strange. The animation was too stiff)

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (?) :angry: (The one where it was a football team that somehow switched with the real Arthur and his Knights. I had as a kid a good idea on what a knight should look like and fight. This wasn't it)

I'm sure I'm missing more that I hated as a kid, but these are the ones I can spew out right now.

I remember that cartoon on King arthur and the knights of the round table. Oh god how I hated it. As for the rest, I have to agree with Warmaker. Now, I liked tiny toons. Yes it was goofy but it was hilarious.

So. Just because it's from the 80's or early 90's doesn't mean it was gold. Granted some members here ripping on them have only seen them on Cartoon Network etc. I was a kid in the 80's and saw most of the cartoons listed here when they first aired. I hated the Transformers and GI Joe cartoons back then and I still do today. I did like the toys though but I don't care for them anymore. And anyone who liked Inspector Gadget...well ....nevermind. ;)

I don't think that the 80's or 90's cartoons were "gold" but they were definetely alright! I remember most now with fondness. Now i just wonder what people like Noriko Takaya DID watch...

It seems to me like people are being a little harsh... these are cartoons we are talking about... not movies or big budget productions.

~Tico

I agree as well.

I was a small child of the 80s as well, and yes I didn't like most of those shows mainly because of cheesy theme music and me growing up realising what I watched was dirt.

As for He-man's animation being stiff.

Yes, it was really stiff, but there was some good and bad qualities to it.

They used Actual people to pose as character models for the animation. The problem was, that they "over used" the models over and over again. I could see Prince Adam inside of Skelletor and vice versa.

i remember the prostars cartoon...didn't like it much either...

i'm surprised no one has mentioned the Macaulay Culkin cartoon Wish Kid...or that MC Hammer cartoon :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

1. Macross 7

2. Yu-g-oh

3. Pokemon

4. Salor Moon

5. Care Bears

6. Turbo Teen

7. Jem

8. Tiny toons

9. Dic GI Joe

10. Smurfs

Yu-g-oh <_< (Ugh)

Careful with that quote there

King Aurthur and the Knughts was one of Solscuds FAVORITE Shows as a wee trouble maker wouldnt want to bring his wrath here down on us poor schlubs

Mislovrit = Jonny Quest

I really hope you are talking about the New Adventures of Jonny Quest. The original was pretty good, even if it does seem cheesy by today's standards.

Thinking it over, of the original JQ I just really hated the character Johnny Quest and his turban wearing friend.

I think some of you guys are being very unfair in focusing on "girl" shows as crap. Do you hate anything made for girls? Not that some weren't indeed crap but to fill your page with things that for every intended purpose could never appeal to boys is borderline misogynism (look it up if you don't know what it means.)

I'm listing US TV shows s if this were a general anime/cartoon list this would be a never ending list. My list in no particular order:

Captain Planet Whoopi Goldberg and other celebs lend their voices try to and save the planet via some green guy with a mullet.

Beast Wars/Beast Machines I think 3D was the kiss of death next to horrible designs.

Voltron 3D There's just not much to say.....

Silverhawkes Yay, we are a Gatchaman/Battle of The Planets copy cat team and not much more

The Get Along Gang Everybody hold hands with a talking moose, rabbit, puppy dog & friends and sing Kumbay ya!

The Care Bears Get along gang not warm and fuzzy enough? Try Care-Alot!

Mighty Orbots tied with Challenge of the GoBots We wannabe Trannies!!!

Trolls That's right, those wacky haired good luck charms had their own set of series. One for girls where they are cute and live like smurfs and one for boys where they are space fighter crossing planets!

Jem This show actually could have been better if it weren't for it's twisted premise; If you're a skank then get a holographic machine that makes people believe you're a beautiful rock star!

Toxic Crusader Thought Captain Planet was bad? Well how about a team of mutants fighting to save the Earth after being transmusted by wastes!! Excatly what this show was

The New Adventures Series: Speed Racer, He-Man, Johnny Quest, Scooby-Doo and our unfavorite green haired mullet hero Captain Planet!

Street Fighter tied with Darkstalkers ited with Mortal Kombat Ugh! Simply, UGH!!!! No more American fighting shows PLEASE!

GI Joe Extreme We all know anything with "extreme" in the title generally sucks!

Extreme Ghostbusters Ditto above

Beverly Hill Teens I actually believed that the producers of 91210 where trying to make a live action of this craptastic show. I still don't believe I was off. I swear Shanon Doherty studied "Bianca" for her role on set and off!

Macron-1 tied with ROBOTECH tied with Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years tied with Battle of The Planets tied with Voltron tied with Saber Riders and the Star Sheriffs - The Japanese originals were great but let's face the fact all shows involved came out horrible with the cut and paste edit routine. Surpsiingly, what befell these shows didn't deter Force Five one iota.

My Little Pony The original hour long special featuring the ponies being transformed into doom dragons by some evil felien sorceress actually was decent. It goes downhill from there.

The Legend of Zelda tied with Captain N and the Game Masters The Mario stuff was tolerable but the rest.... I swear Nintendo execs were on drugs!

Ghosbusters A secret elevator for tarnsformations, a Gorrilla team member and a talking skull phone are disaster in the making!

Any sequel with Kids and/or Babies Flinstone Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, Muppet Babies....

Dinosaucers We are dinosaurs from outer space come to hang with brother and sister tweens that share the same bedroom and drink Coca Cola!

Punky Brewster Adding Glomer didn't save this crap

Rambo I have no idea why an R rated film character became a kids' show..

Shows/movies that had no business becoming cartoons.....

The Gary Coleman Show (he becomes a gaurdian angel and guides other children thru troubles? WTF?)

Back to The Future tied with Bill & Ted Uninspired by one hit wonder films. CBS should paythe FCC fines for setting this crap loose on children!

WWF Pro-Stars An animated Hulk Hogan? Nuff said!

The New Kids on The Block In the 8th grade I got into a big fight with half the tweens in my school cuz I said the New Kids sucked. After seeing this show, they all agreed with me!

Hammer-man Who the heck is MC Hammer?

Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos Why oh why.....?

Police Academy Tired and over-run series of stupid cop films becomes stupid cartoon show....

Mr T or whatever He ran around with a bunch of kids. Makes sense to me...

The Real Ghostbusters The only good thing about this show was Slimer.

Beetlejuice Not a bad concept considering what kind of film it was but horrible execution!

And Sergeant Savage or whatever his name is hosting GI Joe.

That's all. I'm sure I missed many but those are kinda hard to forget in crappiness.

Edited by Jemstone

I think some of you guys are being very unfair in focusing on "girl" shows as crap. Do you hate anything made for girls? Not that some weren't indeed crap but to fill your page with things that for every intended purpose could never appeal to boys is borderline misogynism (look it up if you don't know what it means.)

I'm listing US TV shows s if this were a general anime/cartoon list this would be a never ending list. My list in no particular order:

Captain Planet Whoopi Goldberg and other celebs lend their voices try to and save the planet via some green guy with a mullet.

Beast Wars/Beast Machines I think 3D was the kiss of death next to horrible designs.

Voltron 3D There's just not much to say.....

Silverhawkes Yay, we are a Gatchaman/Battle of The Planets copy cat team and not much more

The Get Along Gang Everybody hold hands with a talking moose, rabbit, puppy dog & friends and sing Kumbay ya!

The Care Bears Get along gang not warm and fuzzy enough? Try Care-Alot!

Mighty Orbots tied with Challenge of the GoBots We wannabe Trannies!!!

Trolls That's right, those wacky haired good luck charms had their own set of series. One for girls where they are cute and live like smurfs and one for boys where they are space fighter crossing planets!

Jem This show actually could have been better if it weren't for it's twisted premise; If you're a skank then get a holographic machine that makes people believe you're a beautiful rock star!

Toxic Crusader Thought Captain Planet was bad? Well how about a team of mutants fighting to save the Earth after being transmusted by wastes!! Excatly what this show was

The New Adventures Series: Speed Racer, He-Man, Johnny Quest, Scooby-Doo and our unfavorite green haired mullet hero Captain Planet!

Street Fighter tied with Darkstalkers ited with Mortal Kombat Ugh! Simply, UGH!!!! No more American fighting shows PLEASE!

GI Joe Extreme We all know anything with "extreme" in the title generally sucks!

Extreme Ghostbusters Ditto above

Beverly Hill Teens I actually believed that the producers of 91210 where trying to make a live action of this craptastic show. I still don't believe I was off. I swear Shanon Doherty studied "Bianca" for her role on set and off!

Macron-1 tied with ROBOTECH tied with Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years tied with Battle of The Planets tied with Voltron tied with Saber Riders and the Star Sheriffs - The Japanese originals were great but let's face the fact all shows involved came out horrible with the cut and paste edit routine. Surpsiingly, what befell these shows didn't deter Force Five one iota.

My Little Pony The original hour long special featuring the ponies being transformed into doom dragons by some evil felien sorceress actually was decent. It goes downhill from there.

The Legend of Zelda tied with Captain N and the Game Masters The Mario stuff was tolerable but the rest.... I swear Nintendo execs were on drugs!

Ghosbusters A secret elevator for tarnsformations, a Gorrilla team member and a talking skull phone are disaster in the making!

Any sequel with Kids and/or Babies Flinstone Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, Muppet Babies....

Dinosaucers We are dinosaurs from outer space come to hang with brother and sister tweens that share the same bedroom and drink Coca Cola!

Punky Brewster Adding Glomer didn't save this crap

Rambo I have no idea why an R rated film character became a kids' show..

Shows/movies that had no business becoming cartoons.....

The Gary Coleman Show (he becomes a gaurdian angel and guides other children thru troubles? WTF?)

Back to The Future tied with Bill & Ted Uninspired by one hit wonder films. CBS should paythe FCC fines for setting this crap loose on children!

WWF Pro-Stars An animated Hulk Hogan? Nuff said!

The New Kids on The Block In the 8th grade I got into a big fight with half the tweens in my school cuz I said the New Kids sucked. After seeing this show, they all agreed with me!

Hammer-man Who the heck is MC Hammer?

Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos Why oh why.....?

Police Academy Tired and over-run series of stupid cop films becomes stupid cartoon show....

Mr T or whatever He ran around with a bunch of kids. Makes sense to me...

The Real Ghostbusters The only good thing about this show was Slimer.

Beetlejuice Not a bad concept considering what kind of film it was but horrible execution!

And Sergeant Savage or whatever his name is hosting GI Joe.

That's all. I'm sure I missed many but those are kinda hard to forget in crappiness.

You were mentally scared as a child werent you fess up <_<

SilverHawks RULED!!! Who cares if they were like Battle of the PLanets I dont G Force didnt have Lasers in their Shoulders or have cool vehicals

BTF the Cartoon ROCKED it was edutainment yes I 'll give it that norierity but was still cool.

Filmation Ghostbusters was funny not great but funny.

Extreeme Ghost Busters My Buddy was a character voice in that toon so Im supporting it it was a great concept.

Beast Wars had great Writing CGI be damed

Slimer Sucked it made the show TOO Cute

Mr T and the T force.. Who WASNT Mr T a role model for in the 80's

another great toon.

SGT Slaughter was the HOst for the Marvel Sunbrow Cartoon the good one so Chill

I'll bet your parents made you watch nothing but PBS as a kid huh? :blink::lol::ph34r:

Edited by Otaku-Smeghead