Whats stopping someone from selling the Bandai

Panzer

:ph34r: don't anyone take my idea here.. but if someone had access to a printer that could print on big sheets of card stock and if they could get someone to make the styrofoam whats stopping someone from throwing a re-issue into a fake box and selling it for hundreds of dollars on ebay? even making a fake instruction sheet wouldn't be hard.

if someone wasn't really educated about valks i guess they wouldn't know that the '80s toys didn't have tampo printing and they'd think they were getting an original. just an evil thought.. :ph34r:

If you are willing to pay takatoku prices, then that means you know you're looking for a takatoku... if a seller tries to pass of a bandai reissue as a taka, then they don't know jack sh!t about takas or bandai reissues for that matter.

Now if a buyer is willing to pay for a taka without knowing the difference, then maybe, just maybe they deserve to be ripped off... why would someone even do that? :huh:

:lol::lol: from now on i guess i am going to have to keep my eyes really open if i decide to buy a original Valk any time soon :lol::lol:

well that was my question, i figured the originals had to have some differences from the re-ishs. i don't think it would be too hard to print a 90's bandai strike box tho. and all the other printing issues like the BW stickers i think would be possible to get around. the styrofoam tho would be the tough part. i have no idea how you would get that made. sorry bout the evil thread :ph34r:

Dude, the Bandai reissues had tons of markings PRINTED on the friggin' toy itself, unlike the Taka original which came practically naked. Not to mention the forearm has been resculpted for the reissues so you can't fit the Taka GBP armor on them. Only a complete noob would be unable to tell the difference between them regardless of the boxes they come in.

Dude, the Bandai reissues had tons of markings PRINTED on the friggin' toy itself, unlike the Taka original which came practically naked.  Not to mention the forearm has been resculpted for the reissues so you can't fit the Taka GBP armor on them.  Only a complete noob would be unable to tell the difference between them regardless of the boxes they come in.

Just one correction AFAIK GBP1 fits on reissue with no problems.

Personally the only taka vf1 that I own is the 1s that i had when i was a child, and still of course my favourite valk. But I prefer reissues cause they are far better than originals. I know that taka valks have an higher value for collectors this is the point, a collector that can't spot the difference between takatoku and bandai reissues maybe deserve to be tricked.

Edited by Bluedeath

thanks for answering my questions.. "politely" :blink: it seems like some of you guys see a "newb" i.e. someone with not a lot of posts and you all just step all over their balls about practically any topic they might start. notta good way to keep macross alive B)) i guess i had a 1990 bandai in mind more than a takatoku. don't cry tho, no ones making making or selling fake valks, so no worries. it was just a question i threw out there that i was curious about, i happen to be a graphic designer with experience in printing and was just thinking theoretically about the possibilities of something like this. now lets get happy and positive..

If someone does not know too much about valks, they buy plasitc VF-1S for $20-40 thinking it was reissue. It happens and what can you do. However, the buyer has responsibility to know well enough to pay for an item that is hovering around $80-160.

If you are asking how to tell diff. One has stamp of Taka T/T and another one has Bandai satmp.

very nice. if its cool i'd like to do whatever forrest gump did in that movie to get rich like buy some stock in Apple. i'll only need to borrow it for a few hours.. PM me if you think thats gonna be ok :D

.. and just before you get back to the present in your time machine stop off around June/July last year and pick me up 20 low viz 1/48's from Hong Kong.

Thanks! :p

.. and just before you get back to the present in your time machine stop off around June/July last year and pick me up 20 low viz 1/48's from Hong Kong.

I actually live in Hong Kong and was here last year that time :D

Just could not be bothered, not to mention do not really like the Low Vis, man was that a big big mistake :(

Now I really wish I had a time machine :rolleyes:

Edited by Valk009

Dude, the Bandai reissues had tons of markings PRINTED on the friggin' toy itself, unlike the Taka original which came practically naked.  Not to mention the forearm has been resculpted for the reissues so you can't fit the Taka GBP armor on them.  Only a complete noob would be unable to tell the difference between them regardless of the boxes they come in.

Just one correction AFAIK GBP1 fits on reissue with no problems.

I was thinking of the Fastpack that came with the Super Valkyrie... which Bandai reissued with re-sculpted pieces for the forearms.

I don't know about that. Even back in the day, when my momma bought me an original 'Taka S, it cost $60 and that was alot of coin for most folks....

you gotta cool mom. mine bought me a Jetfire with the Macross logos on the fast packs. she also bought me a Milia Joke Machine back in the day. gotta love mom :)

Edited by Panzer