Newbie ANSWERS thread!

Go for the Yamato 1:60 ver.2. You will not be disappointed. I think you will have to buy the Super/Strike parts separate, can't remember if their is a bundle deal on that one or not.

there was a bundle, some places still have it. http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...products_id=380

I believe that the roy v.2's were the ones with the worst problems in terms of cracked shoulder hinges. I think the FAST pack versions are amongst them.

Go for the Yamato 1:60 ver.2. You will not be disappointed. I think you will have to buy the Super/Strike parts separate, can't remember if their is a bundle deal on that one or not.

Thanks for the advice. One more question, how can I tell which is the Yamato 1/60 version 2? Don't want to buy the wrong one.

Thanks for the advice. One more question, how can I tell which is the Yamato 1/60 version 2? Don't want to buy the wrong one.

Just use the link provided above.....Overdrive has everything you need, as long as your wallet is fat.... :lol: I don't think anybody even sells the ver 1 anymore really. But, all the ver 2's have a flip open box lid, the old ones don't.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't really been keeping up with toy news for the last year or so due to being dirt broke, but i have a question about the new VF-22 by Yamato.

I was under the impression that Yamato couldn't do any of the Macross7 toys because Bandai owned the rights to the designs. Did this recently change? Will we see more Macross7 Yamato toys in the future?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NM on question about YF-21...looked on HLJ and they explain the improvements...

New question...

VF-11 and VF-22...worth the money? They both look unbelievably good in pictures. Any HUGE problems that I should look out for?

Edited by hutch

New question...

VF-11 and VF-22...worth the money? They both look unbelievably good in pictures. Any HUGE problems that I should look out for?

I can only speak to the VF-11B, great toy, great transformation, getting the heat shield out and connected the first time is uhhh.....fun....to say the least....Only slight problem is with the rear landing gear pegs pulling out, happened on mine the other day, not a huge deal for me, doesn't fall out or anything, just be aware. The rear gear is a b*tch to get out too........

If you're a fan of Mac Plus...get one, if not, take a pass and save yourself $200.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm confused about the 1/60 scale that has been released. I plan to get some in the near future and I want to make sure I get the right models. When they are referred to as 1/60 Ver.2, does that mean this is a second release or an upgrade of the 1/60 scale to version 2? Or does it mean that Version 2 is the next step after Version 1 with the 1/48 scale being the first version? Since I'll be buying these online, is there a way to tell what version I'll be getting just by looking at the box? It's never specified what version the 1/60's are in the descriptions on websites.

1:60 v2 is the second version of VF-1 from Yamato in 1:60 scale. It is very different from 1:60 v1 but similar to 1:48 and retain most of the special features, minus some details like movable flaps.

This is the front of a 1:60 v1 box:

max-box-1.jpg

This is the front of a 1:60 v2 box:

10094147p.jpg

In general 1:60 v1 is out of stock in all stores, unless you are buying from ebay or other private sellers.

I'm confused about the 1/60 scale that has been released. I plan to get some in the near future and I want to make sure I get the right models. When they are referred to as 1/60 Ver.2, does that mean this is a second release or an upgrade of the 1/60 scale to version 2? Or does it mean that Version 2 is the next step after Version 1 with the 1/48 scale being the first version? Since I'll be buying these online, is there a way to tell what version I'll be getting just by looking at the box? It's never specified what version the 1/60's are in the descriptions on websites.

You should check yamato website, basically tell you what have been evolved from 1/60 to 1/48 and V2 1/60. V2 1/60 is the most coolest toy ever made:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_049/index.html

You might also wanna view this site:

http://anymoon.com/blog/2009/03/14/yamato-...1s-superstrike/

I have a couple questions i'm wondering about and i'm hoping someone here can help me.

1- I just got an Alto Dx 1/60 vf-25F. How can you tell it apart from a first and second release? Are there any improvements in the second release?

2- I noticed at some web stores that the yamato vf-1s 1/60 v2 roy with fp is getting rereleased. Will these have the shoulder problem fixed?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a couple questions i'm wondering about and i'm hoping someone here can help me.

1- I just got an Alto Dx 1/60 vf-25F. How can you tell it apart from a first and second release? Are there any improvements in the second release?

2- I noticed at some web stores that the yamato vf-1s 1/60 v2 roy with fp is getting rereleased. Will these have the shoulder problem fixed?

Thanks in advance.

1-The 2nd run is supposed to have a tighter crotch lock and less dihedral(wings shouldn't be angled as high)

2-Yes

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy a v2 VF-1S Roy or Hikaru , but all the talk about the shoulder problems is confusing, so I have a few questions.

1.Is on of these more likely to have problems than the other

2.Should I buy the fast packs separate or buy the combo ( this is where I'm confused, I think someone said the combo packs had more problems than the single valk)

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, any help or other info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...
I'm looking to buy a v2 VF-1S Roy or Hikaru , but all the talk about the shoulder problems is confusing, so I have a few questions.

1.Is on of these more likely to have problems than the other

2.Should I buy the fast packs separate or buy the combo ( this is where I'm confused, I think someone said the combo packs had more problems than the single valk)

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, any help or other info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

get the 25th anniversary hikaru/roy 1S w/ super & strike parts. its the one thats packaged with a penlight. those have the newer smooth pins.

I have yet to buy a VF-25 Alto and am a bit confused as to how many versions have been released. My question is: if you can buy only one VF-25 Alto which is the best choice and dealer (for price)?

if you wanna save money and don't mind the bluish color, go for the movie version alto vf-25f as it comes with super packs. the 1st and 2nd releases of the vf-25f were just stand-alone valks, you needed to get the web-exclusive super parts, which is expensive, to get a "complete" valk/super messiah. hope this helps.

I have yet to buy a VF-25 Alto and am a bit confused as to how many versions have been released. My question is: if you can buy only one VF-25 Alto which is the best choice and dealer (for price)?

I got mine (regular edition alto) from Big Bad Toy Store for 113+shipping which is the cheapest i could find new. You can probably get a used one for cheaper.

Edit: i was just looking on BBTS for the VF-27 and it looks like they raised the price of the alto to $154, that sucks.

Edited by RDClip

Hello,

I was looking for a good stand to go with my Bandai Chogokin 1/60 VF-25F Non Fast pack version. Does Bandai sell this separately? Or is there another source that is perhaps a little more reasonably priced? Any suggestions? I have seen in peoples sigs, Flex Stands, but are these able to take a 1/60 scal Valkyrie toy? I am really confused. Thanks!

Twich

Hello,

I was looking for a good stand to go with my Bandai Chogokin 1/60 VF-25F Non Fast pack version. Does Bandai sell this separately? Or is there another source that is perhaps a little more reasonably priced? Any suggestions? I have seen in peoples sigs, Flex Stands, but are these able to take a 1/60 scal Valkyrie toy? I am really confused. Thanks!

Twich

FlexiDisplay stands are the best generic stands out there. they'll hold even the largest valks.

http://laftoys.com/

unfortunately lost and found toys (who makes and sells them) are closing there web shop this month. I have no idea if they'll still be making stands and where you'll be able to get them in the future.

If someone knows, hopefully they will be kind enough to jump in and explain.

Bandai also made a special stand for the DX's, they came with the super/armor part bundled VF-25's. For the Non fast pack versions you could get the stand with the add on Super part set, which where Tamashii web shop exclusives and may be hard to find now. be advised that these DX stands suck.

Also, Bandai is coming out with a new DX stand that will also be a web shop exclusive.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=832675

the bandai stand is an atrocious piece of junk. well, pieces of junk, cuz it has a half dozen attachments. Why would a stand need 6 attachments for 3 modes? Because, it's a piece of junk.

Get the flexi stands, they're awesome and you can pose it a variety of angles, unlike the bandai stand which is fixed with a giant holding thing monstrosity that totally kills any sense of flight or lightness that you'd expect considering it's a plane.

Hello,

Twich

unfortunately lost and found toys (who makes and sells them) are closing there web shop this month. I have no idea if they'll still be making stands and where you'll be able to get them in the future.

If someone knows, hopefully they will be kind enough to jump in and explain.

+1 for the flexis.

they have a new site dedicated to selling the flexi-stands... i don't think the site is live/completed so they don't want it made public yet... but i'm sure they're gonna advertise it here as soon as they're ready.

the generic Bandai Action Base 1 stands can be used for the v.2 VF-1s and i think another member (WickedAce) here has some pic/s of his VF-25F using this stand (although the DX might be too heavy for it if displayed for a long period of time)... they're not as great as the flexis but for ~$5 each, it works for me. ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

+1 for the flexis.

they have a new site dedicated to selling the flexi-stands... i don't think the site is live/completed so they don't want it made public yet... but i'm sure they're gonna advertise it here as soon as they're ready.

the generic Bandai Action Base 1 stands can be used for the v.2 VF-1s and i think another member (WickedAce) here has some pic/s of his VF-25F using this stand (although the DX might be too heavy for it if displayed for a long period of time)... they're not as great as the flexis but for ~$5 each, it works for me. ^_^

I like the action base 1 stands but they're too weak to hold up a 1/60 valk for exteded periods of time. I don't know about the VF-25 but I know that the VF-27 and VF-1's with super parts are unstable to the point of being scary.

If you do give Action base stands a try, be aware that they come on sprues like a gunpla kit, You put it together yourself and you REALLY need to glue certain parts together or it will fall apart constantly. Also the mounting points it comes with are designed to work with 1/100 and 1/144 scale Gunpla so you're going to need to get creative with how you attach it to the stand.

yeah, they're not the most stable but i've had my 1/60 v.2 VF-1S's displayed using the Action Base 1 stands for more than a year now and they've never fallen off on their own or even if i shake my cab w/ some controlled force. (although i'm cheating w/ the one in f-mode since it is additionally supported by the back panel and the side glass panel by its wings ^_^).

post-8437-1267093536_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1267093553_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been debating on whether I should get the Super VF-25F DX. I've held off on the DX to wait for an upgraded, prettier design, especially for what they were charging for it back when they first came out. But now their being being sold fairly reasonably. But since the design of the 27 is far superior, I'm wondering if I should just be more patient for a more line art accurate 25.

What's a guy to do?