Scale Pref.

sleddogg83

The 1/48's have more features, greater poseability, and a perfect transformation, but when compared to the 1/60's they seem somehat shallow to me. I dunno why, they just do. Maybe if they had more diecast this wouldnt be the case. I think I might like the 1/72's and 1/60's better than 1/48's. . .

Hey, I too have love for the 1/60's. Ok, I'm not too crazy about the detachable legs either, but we have to admit that they look quite nice for something that you can get for a fraction of the price of a 1/48 :D !

Proportion wise, the 1/60's are better than the 1/48. Well at least to my liking. I prefer the canopy and nosecone of the 1/60's over the 1/48's.

But the Fast Packs of the 1/48's put the 1/60's to shame. I have all of the 1/60's including the Q-Rau. When I got my first 1/48 (Hikaru's VF 1A) it didn't make me dislike my 1/60's. But I feel that at least there is one HOLY 1/48 which everyone should have at the center of the collection: Hikaru's DYRL? Strike VF-1S, PERIOD.

Collecting both lines is a "win-win" situation to me. You get to enjoy the strong points of each line ;)

the 1/48 is more playable than the 1/60. imo...

and i like it that i can hold it with just one leg :D without the other falling apart and i don't have to spend so much time balancing it in gerwalk or battroid mode fearing that it might topple down.

well, the 1/60s are still a piece of art.

The 1/48's are just so expensive to start collecting NOW. I just don't know if its worth it (I have almost all of the 1/72's and 1/60's, 1 of each basic design). I dunno. Also, the amount of space to really display the figures is quite large. I'll have to give it some thought. I thought about just having a LV as my gem, but the type of paint application has somewhat turned me off.

Yeah, mucho love for the 1/60's here too.

I don't have any 1/48's, but I have a feeling they won't display well with my computer desk and bookcase set up. Just too big.

But those 1/60's....perfect fit, in any mode!

Plus, 1/48's are just too pricy for me. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard. I'd rather use that $150+ and buy 2 or 3 new 1/60's.....or groceries. :ph34r:

well like you guys, i feel that the 1/60 have the overall proportion correct.

love the canopy better on the 1/60's because it does not buldge out like in the 1/48's and i also think that the chest area on the 1/48 is way out of proportion.

the 1/60's on the other hand got it just right!

as I have stated before i don't play with my collection ( that's just silly :huh: )

so i can careless about perefect trasnformation than i do about poseability and presentation.

though i have to admit that the 1/48's do look awsome in a diorama type set-up :D

I own about 12 1/48's and some times they are a bit to big looking, when comapred to the rest of my pieces. :unsure:

still i am such a completest that i plan collect both lines in all three modes including past packs

I own about 12 1/48's and some times they are a bit to big looking, when comapred to the rest of my pieces. :unsure:

dear God man... thats almost $2,000.00 in toys if you consider shipping and tax.. either your real rich or real.. nevermind. :)

dear God man... thats almost $2,000.00 in toys if you consider shipping and tax.. either your real rich or real.. nevermind. :)

yeah i know...i know... but thankfully i have the means ... see a lesson to all you kids out there B))

it is good to stay in school and go to college!!!! :D

W00t.

I like my 1/48's.... but the backpack hinge coupled with the high price means I don't really enjoy the nice features except as high end display pieces rather than toys.

The 1/60's are much better sized for whooshing around the house and making gunshot noises IMO. The more affordable pricing makes means I have squadrons of them in various states of transformation that the 1/48 sizes don't permit (at least not without devoting a whole room to 'em).

Panzer Posted on Oct 8 2004, 11:05 PM

QUOTE (VF-19 pilot!!! @ Oct 8 2004, 10:50 PM)

I own about 12 1/48's and some times they are a bit to big looking, when comapred to the rest of my pieces.

dear God man... thats almost $2,000.00 in toys if you consider shipping and tax.. either your real rich or real.. nevermind.

Well, you obviously have not heard of GODZILLA, KENSEI and/or HATERIST's collections! :lol::D:) Yeah, like most of you guys, that's pretty much how I look at my YAMATO collection: 1/48's for display and 1/60's for everything else (although, ya can play w/ a 1/48, too, as most folks would know :D !).

Edited by connor99

I don't really play with my valks, but I prefer my 1/48s, hands-down. Yeah, the arms don't look quite right and the chicken hands kinda suck, but they're still the best all-around valks I've ever owned. The 1/60s are alright, but the legs on all of mine tend to be too floppy to hold any cool poses in Battroid mode. If I was going to pick a valk to play with, I'd probably get a 1/55 Chunky Monkey since they're more durable than Yammies.

I have one of each at the moment and I love them both.

I definitely plan to get at least one or two more 1/60s in the future as they're cheap enough now that I can't really resist. ;)

I'd like to get another 1/48, but I can't say for sure that I will as the higher price point makes it difficult.

Anyway, I love them both!

I like the detail of the 1/48 but the scale and proportions of the 1/60s.

If only there were someway to make a 1/60 with 1/48 details.

Barring any limitations: my ideal would be 1/60 scale and proportions (more playable size) with 1/48 detail and maybe even combined with some features of the banpresto shoulders and independant-from-crotch leg movement (to allow more space to rotate each leg outward) when in battroid mode.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i don't understand why Yamato couldn't make the 1/60s transform better, or even the 1/48s. i mean couldn't they have changed a hinge or something from the Bandai design and just gone with that without breaking any copyright laws?

I have one of each at the moment and I love them both.

I definitely plan to get at least one or two more 1/60s in the future as they're cheap enough now that I can't really resist. ;)

I'd like to get another 1/48, but I can't say for sure that I will as the higher price point makes it difficult.

Anyway, I love them both!

Bandai's patents have run out yet?

It´s me too. the 1/60 it´s the perfect scale for me. Its not too big and not too small . Maybe yamato would consider in creating new models in this scale, I know we all want the complete line of zentraedi battle pods in all versions.

I know the perfect transformation of the 1/48 line its great but just imagine where are you going to put everything in your room . The 1/60scale with the 1/48transformation would be the answer . Perfect detail and perfect size.

If yamato create a pod in 1/48 it would look great but It´s going to be enormous it won´t fit anywhere. But if they make it in 1/60 ... B))

yeah i know...i know... but thankfully i have the means ... see a lesson to all you kids out there  B))

it is good to stay in school and go to college!!!! :D

Hey don't forget about us working stiffs who joined the service went to Japan, and buy them at TRU Japan the day they release!!!! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

But seriously folks, I too am a completest. . .

So I have about one of everything and multiples of the CF VF-1A's & Low Viz

1/60- 5 CF

1/48- 2 Low Vis

1/48 Fast Packs- 9 sets

Yeah about $4000 easy so far in both scales.

What can I say I love the Valk's design in both scales :rolleyes: . . .

To me Yamato got it right. . . . :lol:

:DMy Valk addiction? Paid for, but not sonsored by the U.S. Navy :D

Edited by DARKWIND