!

Gaijin

How come no one has mentioned that the latest OPM has a PLAYABLE MGS3 DEMO? Picked it up today and popped it in for a quick look. Magazine has a foil wrap and the cover is a slew of the MGS style "!" all over it. So far so good...We see "Snake" perform the HALO jump and into the jungle...playing in the more open areas rather than indoors is nice. The camo feature is kinda fun...switching to the "old" codec takes awhile (hope this is just because it's the demo). I've only played for about 10 mins so I'll be back with more later.

Ona side note...the demo disc also has Neo Contra (awesome), Area 51, Ghost in The Shell SAC(demo was great), Robotech Invasion(sucked BIG time), and a slew of other great playable titles...best demo disc in awhile.

!

Edited by Gaijin

i am looking foerward to MGS3, as for the rest i am not really interested. can you even fly the alpha's in Robotech Invasion? i cannot imagine a Robotech game that you cannot. as for Neo Contra i will stick to Shattered Soldier or Roms of the Arcade or Contra 3 for the SNES i never want to play another conventional overhead 3-D contra ever again, the PS1 versions almost killed the series for me, and I am not that impressed by what i have seen so far for it, i really do not want to play as a futuristic samurai type warrior in a contra game,

i am looking foerward to MGS3, as for the rest i am not really interested. can you even fly the alpha's in Robotech Invasion? i cannot imagine a Robotech game that you cannot. as for Neo Contra i will stick to Shattered Soldier or Roms of the Arcade or Contra 3 for the SNES i never want to play another conventional overhead 3-D contra ever again, the PS1 versions almost killed the series for me, and I am not that impressed by what i have seen so far for it, i really do not want to play as a futuristic samurai type warrior in a contra game,

The overhead works well here...nothing like Appaloosa's PS1 and Saturn Contras. Takes a bit getting used to but basically is Shattered Soldier from overhead with more weapons and (from the demo at least) much easier.

As for MGS3...I'm enjoying the demo much. :D

I mentioned it 2 days ago....

Anyway, yes, awesome demo, right down to being able to stab mushrooms! I can't wait for the full release, that time out is pissing me off.

As for the other demo's, yes, robotech is super weak, especially that voice over. I loved the Ratchet & Clank demo though.

I want a review of MGS 3 from someone who hated MGS 2. If a person who hated 2 likes 3 a lot, then I might give it a chance. MGS 2 made me so angry I actually paid money for it I almost broke the disk. I thought it was just one frustrating task after another with cut scenes meant to try the player's patience. In fact, that was probably the hardest part of the game. You keep waiting for the story to get better, but it degenerates into Matrix Reloaded style psycho babble. I always hate it when dialogue gets so complex you think the writer doesn't even know what he is talking about anymore.

I personally felt more inclined to care about the story and characters in the first MGS, but as far as my opinion goes #2 just gave us the same end-of-the-world-story that was made more "complex" to keep pace with the obvious technological advancement in gameplay, graphics, etc.

I personally felt more inclined to care about the story and characters in the first MGS, but as far as my opinion goes #2 just gave us the same end-of-the-world-story that was made more "complex" to keep pace with the obvious technological advancement in gameplay, graphics, etc.

And Snake degenerated from kick ass special ops operative into Buddha, spewing "enlightenment" for Raiden. <_<

But still, I liked the part where he pointed at his bandana.

"Unlimited ammo".

:lol:

I just hope it leads to a remake, or perhaps a special hidden bonus of, the original Metal Gear 1 & 2.

And while they're at it, Konami seriously needs to remake Snatcher using the MG or Silent Hill enigne damnit!

I used to say the same thing, but after playing MGS: Twin Snakes last night, I discovered that Kojima can butcher perfectly good games with remakes.

Kojima would probably have Jonathan Ingram perform Matrix-style martial arts and speak in a tone of voice that's so lifeless you'd swear the voice actor was brainwashed. Let's not forget that Kojima would most likely dump the excellent soundtracks and replace them with some pop-techno garbage. If I were Konami, I'd wait until Kojima retires before remaking Policenauts and Snatcher. :(

I just hope it leads to a remake, or perhaps a special hidden bonus of, the original Metal Gear 1 & 2.

And while they're at it, Konami seriously needs to remake Snatcher using the MG or Silent Hill enigne damnit!

hear hear for the Snatcher remake! (my Sega CD died an ugly death a few years ago)

Going to go pick this up tomorrow.....

Kojima has always been long winded, alwasy will be (if you'll recall, the end to snatcher was about an hour of spoken dialogue after your final battle), no big deal if you're used to it. And I also agree that you can't blame him for Twin Snakes, it was handled by another group.

Point being, I want a 2004-2005 version of Snatcher damnit! Gilliam Seed was one of Kojima's most letcherous characcters yet. Aside from kickass storytelling & action sequences (MGS style fighting the Snatchers, and perhaps Silent Hill style scene investigation), the dating engine could be kicked into higher gear, "truly" exploring Outer Heaven, getting just the right camera angle to peak at his wife, Sneaking up on Katrina in the shower.....Snatcher will thrive in the day of the M rating!

Twin Snakes was handled by Silicon Knights, not Kojima. His involvement was minimal at best.

I know Silicon Knights programmed the game, but I was under the impression that Kojima was behind the creative aspects of the game. As a game, it's fine. Everything else, meh.

Pretty sure he didn't have much of a role in Twin Snakes at all, besides creating the first one. It wasn't originally Kojima's idea to remake it, either, that was Nintendo's doing.

Point being, I want a 2004-2005 version of Snatcher damnit! Gilliam Seed was one of Kojima's most letcherous characcters yet. Aside from kickass storytelling & action sequences (MGS style fighting the Snatchers, and perhaps Silent Hill style scene investigation), the dating engine could be kicked into higher gear, "truly" exploring Outer Heaven, getting just the right camera angle to peak at his wife, Sneaking up on Katrina in the shower.....Snatcher will thrive in the day of the M rating!

Amen.