Shin Seiki Gokin: 1/48 Airwolf by Aoshima

Must have for me. It's the same size as the AMT/Ertl model kit, kinda small. Would've been even better in a slightly larger scale, with opening doors and retractable ADF pod. Oh well, any replica of "The Lady" is better than nothing. Where's my season dvd box sets Universal?

Must have for me. It's the same size as the AMT/Ertl model kit, kinda small. Would've been even better in a slightly larger scale, with opening doors and retractable ADF pod. Oh well, any replica of "The Lady" is better than nothing. Where's my season dvd box sets Universal?

there out go to Amazon.co.uk Airwolf

All we need now is a Street Hawk toy to complete the holy trinity of 80's supervehicle cheeziness :p

I'm not sure if Aoshima is going to put in retractable missile pods and guns, but at 1/48 scale I'd think they'd be able to. My guess is that there are going to be switchable parts to replicate the weapons being stowed away.

Blast from the past -- the mighty eponymous helicopter, from the 80's TV show "Air Wolf"! In 1/48 scale, this completed metal model measures 27 cm long. 2 AAA batteries (not included) will turn the rotors; the landing gear is retractable. The "Limited" version comes in a two-toned black metallic paint scheme.

27"? Geez thats twice as long as a 1/48 Valk in fighter mode. Oh well, got 3 months to figure out where it would fit for display . . .

Blast from the past -- the mighty eponymous helicopter, from the 80's TV show "Air Wolf"! In 1/48 scale, this completed metal model measures 27 cm long. 2 AAA batteries (not included) will turn the rotors; the landing gear is retractable. The "Limited" version comes in a two-toned black metallic paint scheme.

27"? Geez thats twice as long as a 1/48 Valk in fighter mode. Oh well, got 3 months to figure out where it would fit for display . . .

I think you are getting your metric and imperial measuring systems confused. In fact I did a bit of computing, and am now sure of it.

I think you are getting your metric and imperial measuring systems confused. In fact I did a bit of computing, and am now sure of it.

Heh oops ok 27cm. Call it a mis-read.

So will that Airwolf come with a coked out pilot that crashes it into a hillside? ... or a drunk Jan Michael Vincent who doses off on shoots? ... or a bloated Ernest Borgnine who keeps steeling Jan's booze? ... or little speakers to crank the top 10 German dance mix of the theme song?

God I hated Airwolf. At least Blue Thunder had Roy Shieder.

I loved the show as well! But I have to admit that seeing it again more recently, that it definately had a cheese factor going. :p That being said however, the pilot episode is still freaking awesome. I think with some slight modifications it would make a great Movie. Modifications meaning modernisations, but the story really holds water, espesially in todays world climate.

Chris

At least Blue Thunder had Roy Shieder.

Pfft! Roy Schieder isn't fit to wash Borgnine's sock. Earnest Borgnine was in The Wild Bunch for pete's sake! Schieder's biggest claim to fame is narrowly avoiding being eaten by a shark. :p

Please. Scheider is a friggin LEGEND man. Borgnine is cool, don't get me wrong, but he was teamed up with JAN MICHAEL VINCENT, whose claim to fame was how being on long ocean voyages didn't make him lonely, just horny.

I would say Roy wins. Plus wasn't his archnemesis Malcom McDowall? You have to be badass to go up against him, with or without a tricked out helicopter! And he was in French Connection too.

SUCK IT! :D

Edited by Bloodcat

What about Automan's Lamborghini...

BA Baracuss's van,

or worse yet....

The Highwayman's  semi!!! :ph34r:

Airwolf was a cool show.. people actually died.  The other shows were too afraid of that...

Anybody here remember the series BJ and the Bear?

Loved that red and white truck as a kid.

Hell yeah, with Sherrif Lobo and his fat retarded deputy. I liked that show when I was a kid. :)

I dunno who Automan is though.

What about Automan's Lamborghini...

BA Baracuss's van,

or worse yet....

The Highwayman's  semi!!! :ph34r:

Airwolf was a cool show.. people actually died.  The other shows were too afraid of that...

Anybody here remember the series BJ and the Bear?

Loved that red and white truck as a kid.

Hell yeah, with Sherrif Lobo and his fat retarded deputy. I liked that show when I was a kid. :)

I dunno who Automan is though.

Cursor?

Didn't Airwolf have nuclear missiles that glowed like lasers when they were launched? Funny enough, he always seemed to fire them at close range in a dogfight with another copter. I was probably 10 or something when that show came out and even then I couldn't buy into the cheesiness and suspend my disbelief.

Airwolf with nukes that glow ? Maybe its the sunburst flare countermeasure.

Yeah...it seem Hawk needs to manually aim the rockets sort of like dumb fire weapons from Wing Commander.

The cockpit doors make a hissing sound when open yet you see the smaller windows on each door.

Still loved the show anyway.