The Nintendo DS & GBA thread

wakobi

The NR`s official name !.  Just wanna say this that lately I`ve been dreaming many time about that I`m buying a new Nintendo system that doesn`t look any of the N systems we know, it mix between the Japanese Famicom and a DVD player and its color is white and gray, any idea ?

382993[/snapback]

Aside from FamiClones, it sounds kind of like a Super FamiCom.

OH! I see! Why didn't the people at gamespot get it? You can add notes to your map! When you find a clue somewhere, you can write or draw on your map where the clue will be useful! That's something I'd never even considered, but it seems like something that should be so obvious!

• 3 weeks later...

more great DS news Final fantasy 3 remake but most importantly

Konami announced Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for Nintendo DS, the latest work of the Castlevania series, the game will be released on November 15, 2006. :)

Is there any word on when the DS Lite will come stateside?

You know, I've said it before but this really is a golden age of portable gaming. Right here, right now. I haven't had this much fun with even a home gaming system since the NES and SNES/Genesis days.

Nintendo's official stance is still "no plans to release DS Lite in the US in the foreseeable future".

Nintendo would also like you to really ignore the US version manual that exists, and the fact that a lot of things point to it being released with New Super Mario Bros.

No way :( then I have to get a Jap ver.

Completed Zelda-Minish Cap a few days, yes I bought a on it release date last year and over all 10 out of 10 totally awesome, BGM almost CD quality and the only downfall is that the game is short but yet tricky. I tell you something while playing it you forget about the other consoles and you don`t care about them.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Metroid Pinball - Excellent pinball game.

Metroid Prime Hunters - A decent FPS deathmatch game, a LAN party wherever you go.

Phoenix Wright - Quirk adventure game that puts you in the role of an up and coming attourney. Excellent characters, great writing, fun all around.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - The best Castlevania game since Symphony of the Night.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Excellent turn based strategy game, very addictive. This third game in the Advance series has just about everything from the first two games and more.

Tetris DS - It's Tetris, with some excellent multiplayer modes.

Animal Crossing: Wild World - Nifty little game, tough to describe unless you're already familier with Animal Crossing. Oddly addicting.

Sonic Rush - Oldschool 2D Sonic fun.

I'm tempted to get a DS for Animal Crossing alone. I'm still playing the Cube version and I still can't figure out why I like it so much. It's like a boring game that I can't stop playing.

Zelda has my ears perked as well.

Rub Rabbits if you like games with wacky japanese story and all DS features.

Nintendo don't build normal DS anymore the productions are all changed to DSLite. That's why Nintendo of Europe allready announced a release in May 2006 for Europe.So a US release should be a few weeks before or after E3.

Wow.. when they said they were working over FFIII to bring it up to date, they weren't lying! I have to confess that I really wanted a good, graphically updated, fully translated version of FFIII (rather like they did for FFI and II), but I'll definately be trying this one out.

• 2 weeks later...

DS Lite US release is June 11th. $129.99 White only.

Nevermind their "we all know that's total BS" official statement 4 weeks ago of "no plans to bring it to the US at this point".

I still want Navy really bad. Might have to import it if Nintendo takes too long to bring the other colors over. Anything BUT white. My GBA is white and I've disliked it since I bought it (only color they had). And I dislike all the GBA/DS milky/ice colors too. Just doesn't work. Truly transparent colors (like so many PSX/DC/PS2/XB cases) would be nice, but not the "1 step away from opaque" stuff Nintendo does.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Not me, man. I'm all about white. I'm hoping we open the pre-orders at work, because I definately want one. The question is, can I hold off until June to play the new Super Mario Bros. on it?

I think white is fine. It's like the same color as... well, all of Apple's electronics (nevermind that my iPod is black... it'll at least match my Mighty Mouse). But I've always kinda thought of the blue colors as making electronics look less like a high-tech gadget and more like a toy.

I'll be reserving my Lite when I go in to work in a little bit...

Well, most of the time I'm all for smaller, but I agree that that alone wouldn't do it for me. Three main factors for me would be:

1) The screens. The DS had a noticeably better screen(s) than the original GBA SP. But then those new "better backlit screen" SPs came out, and next to them, the DS's screen looks like crap. Having a DS with screens as nice as the newer SPs are worth the price of admission (especially since they won't be more than the current DS).

2) The stylus. For all Nintendo's blustering about making games more accessible, and how everyone can play, they admitted designing the original DS for children... hence the hand-crampingly small stylus. The Lite will feature a longer stylus that slides into the side of the unit instead of the top.

3) The wife. She already usurped my regular DS, and she actually owns more games for it than I do (I'm down to Castlevania and Megaman, but she's got most of the puzzle games released for it so far). She's content to keep using it, I'm content to just let her have it and get the Lite for myself.

I am planning to get the DS Lite when the prices drop to a reasonable amount! Currently shops are asking like $180, for which I can get two normal DS's :angry:

I really hope that Nintendo will release some decent colour DS Lites and stay away from all those kinky pastel colours ;)

Check these new trailers from New Super Mario Bros. : 

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/682879/vids_1.html

397638[/snapback]

IGN also reviewed it, giving it a 9.5 out of 10. Now the dilema... play NSMB when it comes out, since it's been 15 years since I played a classic 2D Mario and I can't hardly wait for the new one, or try to save it for another month so I can have a kick-ass game to play on the Lite when I pick it up...