Takatoku Toys 1/55 Prototype line-up

Agent-GHQ

What's up everyone. This may be old news, but as I checked out articles from www.cooljapanesetoys.com, I came across photos of Takatoku Toys prototype line-ups of the 1/55 Valkyries. In it, I saw the VF-1D and the VF-1J Max (TV Type). I must be dreaming or something. But it was real as diamonds.

Takatoku Toys actually made the VF-1D and the VF-1J Max (TV Type). Personally, I don't understand why they did not make them for sale. Weird huh. If not Takatoku, Bandai could at least make them. At least we know they exist. All we can do is dream on...

Okay, back to reality. Here's the URL: http://www.cooljapanesetoys.com/clubcjt/03...enjis_attic.cfm

Ryver-

USN

feh, don't get too excited...

Takatoku sponsored a great many "color variations" spreads for custom valkyries, and this was no doubt one of them. The Valks were fan-custom made, not produced by Takatoku for production. They were done for promotion purposes to boost sales of their 1/55 line, I don't think they intended to ever make one themselves.

Edited by Skull Leader

kinda old news. As we all know macross became a cash cow for takatoku but they also went belly up bankrupt. While these might ahve seen light of day had takatoku not gone bakrupt, this si actually old news. At macrossworld in the mags or toy section, these very ads were scanned in years back by either shawn or graham.

BTW since you haven't seen it yet, check out those scans that show the proposed takatoku super and Super O and ELint seeker...with long noses.

What's up everyone. This may be old news, but as I checked out articles from www.cooljapanesetoys.com, I came across photos of Takatoku Toys prototype line-ups of the 1/55 Valkyries. In it, I saw the VF-1D and the VF-1J Max (TV Type). I must be dreaming or something. But it was real as diamonds.

Takatoku Toys actually made the VF-1D and the VF-1J Max (TV Type). Personally, I don't understand why they did not make them for sale. Weird huh. If not Takatoku, Bandai could at least make them. At least we know they exist. All we can do is dream on...

Actually Bandai did make them ... for the re-issues, that is. Bandai made several "new" head sculpts in the 1/55 tradition for the re-ssiue Macross Valkyrie line several years ago, but unfortunatley the new sculpts only made it as far as the prototype stage.

New 1/55 heads & paint schemes were made for:

VF-1A Max (DYRL Blue)

VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL Red)

VF-1A Cannon Fodder (Brown)

VF-1J Hikaru (TV Series Grey)

VF-1S Roy (DYRL Yellow)

VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL Red)

VF-1D (TV Series)

There are @ 3 prototypes of each style valkyrie known to exist.

There were even new "new" prototype sculpts for the TV & DYRL pilots; as well as an incomplete sculpt for a 1/55 scale "Tomahawk;" roughly about 80% finished.

Rumor also has it that there was even a 20" SDF-1 prototyped, but no images have ever been seen. The prototype is still believed to be at the Bandai studio.

The re-issue line did not do as well as Bandai had hoped, due to fierce competition from Yamato & Toynami releasing thier toys, so it therefore lived a short life. Bandai did not think the retail price of new sculpts justified the mold costs. Perhaps in another few years Bandai may release the line again; but there are no current plans to re-release 1/55 toys such as the Strike, Elintseeker, or Super Ostrich from Bandai. ;)

Actually Bandai did make them ... for the re-issues, that is. Bandai made several "new" head sculpts in the 1/55 tradition for the re-ssiue Macross Valkyrie line several years ago, but unfortunatley the new sculpts only made it as far as the prototype stage.

New 1/55 heads & paint schemes were made for:

VF-1A Max (DYRL Blue)

VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL Red)

VF-1A Cannon Fodder (Brown)

VF-1J Hikaru (TV Series Grey)

VF-1S Roy (DYRL Yellow)

VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL Red)

VF-1D (TV Series)

There are @ 3 prototypes of each style valkyrie known to exist.

There were even new "new" prototype sculpts for the TV & DYRL pilots; as well as an incomplete sculpt for a 1/55 scale "Tomahawk;" roughly about 80% finished.

Rumor also has it that there was even a 20" SDF-1 prototyped, but no images have ever been seen. The prototype is still believed to be at the Bandai studio.

The re-issue line did not do as well as Bandai had hoped, due to fierce competition from Yamato & Toynami releasing thier toys, so it therefore lived a short life. Bandai did not think the retail price of new sculpts justified the mold costs. Perhaps in another few years Bandai may release the line again; but there are no current plans to re-release 1/55 toys such as the Strike, Elintseeker, or Super Ostrich from Bandai. ;)

Anyone at the last MWCon got to see these amazing prototypes in person thanks to XSToys!

:D:p:blink:

Anyone at the last MWCon got to see these amazing prototypes in person thanks to XSToys!

:D  :p  :blink:

Are you serious? :blink: Where's the love? :( Didn't anyone take some pictures to share with those of us who couldn't make it to MWCon? Hey XSToys, show us the prototypes! :D

Seeing is believing... guess you had to be there. :rolleyes:

post-4-1096961123_thumb.jpg

Edited by xstoys

Any chance of some closer pics of those heads?

I second this request! :D

Here's a third request, chunky-munkey lovers unite! :p

xstoys, when you speak of reissues, are you reffering to the 200x reissues or the 1990 reissue(s)? I knew Bandai had new head molds planned for the 1990 series, but was unaware they that had new heads planned for the 200x line as well. Thanks!

Any chance of some closer pics of those heads?

I second this request! :D

Here's a third request, chunky-munkey lovers unite! :p

xstoys, when you speak of reissues, are you reffering to the 200x reissues or the 1990 reissue(s)? I knew Bandai had new head molds planned for the 1990 series, but was unaware they that had new heads planned for the 200x line as well. Thanks!

That would be the 200X re-issues. ;)

yea really dude what the hell? You didn't post any of this or the info in my 1/55 history thread!!! POst more n give us info!~! please///?LOL

whats this thread your talking about? i'd like to check it out. thanks

I too can vouch these are not Rob's or Chris's heads. We pulled out all the known custom heads in existence. and these do not even come close. they are so drastically different. The thought that they might be jsut some custom heads some guy in japan made was also thrown out the window. The amount of detail and work to change that many 1/55 to look like a prototype, make new head sculpts different from anyone else, sculpt new pilots its just not worth it.

oh and teh Destroid is ginormous. (say gigantic and enormous at teh same time)

Nick