captain america

Which model would you buy?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which model would you buy?

• -1/72 VF-9 Non-variable fighter.$195
    • -1/72 GBP1 TV/film ver. $115
    • -1/72 Thunder Hammer. $165
    • -I would buy all 3 if releases are spaced-out far enough

I think the Thunder Hummer might sell the best....VF9 next...then GBP...so I would suggest the Hummer now...then maybe VF9 or GBP....after that....VF5000 would be another cool yet to be done kit.

Keep it up guys!

As for the launch arm...we'd love it..but since it's already a WF kit I dont know if its the best option for Monkey Nugget.

I love Hummers! ;)

Give me a Hummer... oooooh baby.

what is the dilly-oh? Its Hammer... I think Engrish transformed it to Hummer

• 1 year later...

...the Thunder Hammer, of curse...it's something special! But :unsure: ...I think I missed something...can someone tell me if the kit showed in the previous pages is going to be released? Or, has it been already released (I think by hasegawa)? Thanks

Just to be clear, there will no longer be any kits under the "Samurai Monkey" banner. The legacy has been taken up by a company called "moh-suu-kaa-toh" Hobby Models, which produced the Regult 1/72 kit. :lol:

The next release is to be a 1/72 Zentradi soldier 2-figure set. One standing, and one in a pre-seated position to fit inside the 1/72 Regult.

Ooo, Zentradi. I'm in! :D

Edited by Wheels

Just to be clear, there will no longer be any kits under the "Samurai Monkey" banner. The legacy has been taken up by a company called "moh-suu-kaa-toh" Hobby Models, which produced the Regult 1/72 kit. :lol:

The next release is to be a 1/72 Zentradi soldier 2-figure set. One standing, and one in a pre-seated position to fit inside the 1/72 Regult.

351101[/snapback]

Well alright. Somethin to look forward to.

351101[/snapback]

Can you post a link here when it becomes available? I'll need that for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How in the world did I miss this thread!?

I put in a vote for the GPB1 armor.

I don't think Hasegawa will get around to it.

349198[/snapback]

Thats one thing that makes my Hasegawa collection in complete. I only get 1/72 kits so I say Vf-1-GBP first.

Going on Captains usuall build quality It should be something to behold.

Captian will this be a complete GBP or armor that will fit over a Hasegawa Battroid.

Al la the booster kit. i need to know as if its the fit over type I`ll need another Vf-1 kit.

Then begins the problems of what colours to paint it ooooooooooohhhhhhh!!!! Hard life...

Hi Big F.

The idea for the GBP-1 was that it be able to fit over the 1/72 Hasegawa Battroid. However, this thread is well over a year old, and there are several other kits I want to give priority to; namely Zentradi mech, since there isn't a snowball's chance that any plastic company will ever do them.

Plus, I think that zentradi designs are just plain kickass :lol:

Those green zentraedi armors from dyrl would be the coolest thing, I think. Requested 2 of them from hobbyfan, but they're only 1/144. 1/72 kit would be just amazing. I also wish there were decent models of zentraedi battleships. The small arii kits seem to be the only ones ever made <_<

Thanks for the heads up

There is a general lack of any Zentradi kits available. I think it has to do with the Japanese dislike for Baddies. 1/72 Zentradi troops would be nice.

One the size of an ActionMan (G.I Joe) figure would kick ass (12 inches) but I think that would be asking too much.

The GBP should not be forgotten as only Arii and I think Revell attempted to make them in 1/72 scale if I am correct.

There are so many projects you could start but not enough time to do them all.

How about upping the scale and making a 1/48 thunderhammer. Hell it wouldn't be that hard since the new GBP armor is out. recast the shoulders, use existing booster from the super/strike to recast. Redesign the chestplate, legs, and cockpiece. Try to make the chest similar to the new GBP armor with removable missles.

THe legs look like the hardest part.

How about upping the scale and making a 1/48 thunderhammer.  Hell it wouldn't be that hard since the new GBP armor is out.  recast the shoulders, use existing booster from the super/strike to recast.  Redesign the chestplate, legs, and cockpiece.  Try to make the chest similar to the new GBP armor with removable missles. 

THe legs look like the hardest part.

361784[/snapback]

I've sworn-off doing any more toy conversions.

That's for sure... toys are for kiddies. It's all about the models baby!

Seriously, when people talk about their toys and talking about playing with them, I have to scratch my head. Maybe its because I'm 32 with 3 kids. I can't imagine zooming around the house with my Valkyries. That being said. I have 2 Yamatos... so I'm a hypocrite.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

I have 2 Yamatos... so I'm a hypocrite.
:p

My first Yamato 1/48 vf-1j + fast pack + stand is currently waiting delivery to my city in the post office :)

I'll be zooming with it quite soon, I guess :lol:

This place is getting quite expesive... All the wonderful garage kits too... Maybe in the long term I have to choose only the model kits... :blink: Even the finest toys just can't compete with them afterall. And it's a major point to DIY.

Even the finest toys just can't compete with them afterall. And it's a major point to DIY.

362249[/snapback]

That's the main thing for me, too... I have a fairly large collection of anime-related statues and action figures and so on, but nearly all of them come from customer-loyalty points from the place I used to get DVDs from. ;-) None of them ever do anything other than stand around looking cool and collecting dust. Only one Valkyrie, one of the old 1/100th or so (Banpresto? Someone like that) transformable strike valkyries, for the last year and a half it's just been occupying the stand competely static 'til I finish the 1/72nd model kit that's supposed to go there...

... I probably ought to fill in the panel lines in marker or something, I might find my enthusiasm for flying it around the room rises... ;-)

there are several other kits I want to give priority to; namely Zentradi mech

at least a 1/72 (or bigger :rolleyes: ) scale movie version of Nousjadeul ger, plz :p I just had to say this again :lol:

I don't know what would I do if that happened, I'd have to buy dozens of them and sell my whole family to get even more!!! :ph34r: A whole army of them!!! :wacko:

Whoops, typo

Edited by Sdf-1