Is Exedol permanently stuck in the Bridge

vanpang

I was watching Macross 7 yesterday (Episodes 1-5). Althought I was happy to see some old faces, Max and Milia from the original TV series, I was shocked Exedol in such a state. Could anyone confirm whether Exedol is permanently "stuck" in the Bridge ? With his size, he does have much room to move around, so is he just restricted to the bridge only ?

In addition, it appears Exedol's design is from DYRL and not the TV series, again can anyone confirms this ?

Thanks

I don't remember which eps. in M7 is it... but right below the bridge, is Exedol's office, the bridge's database center that he controls and his personal quarters. It seems to me, he just pops his head into the bridge when he's on duty. There are several eps. IIRC, that shows Exedol's head missing from the bridge.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Thanks guys.....It was a relief to me to know that Exedol is not permamently "stuck" to one place. Any reasons why Exedol's version in Macross 7 is from the Movie and not the original TV series (or did I got this wrong ?)

Thanks and regards

Any reasons why Exedol's version in Macross 7 is from the Movie and not the original TV series (or did I got this wrong ?)

It's basically time and effort. Harahito Mikimoto couldn't put in the time and effort to draw Exedol 30 years older unlike Max and Milia, plus he had a deadline to keep and finish the characters. It's likely that Exedol was the last to be drawn and when Mikimoto couldn't complete it, he decided to simply took the Movie version's line art and wrote this version of the character into Macross 7.

The story explanation is that Exedol is suffering a deficiency in his brain over the years in micron form because he's a war archivist, a living memory bank. To preserve his intellect and memories, he underwent macronization for the last time and underwent surgery to preserve his brain in the long run. Thus, his appearance has changed completely and is stuck in macro form. Yet, it was a success and Exedol is still the intellent Zentraedi we all know.

The story explanation is that Exedol is suffering a deficiency in his brain over the years in micron form because he's a war archivist, a living memory bank. To preserve his intellect and memories, he underwent macronization for the last time and underwent surgery to preserve his brain in the long run. Thus, his appearance has changed completely and is stuck in macro form. Yet, it was a success and Exedol is still the intellent Zentraedi we all know.

I thought he was a hypchondriac.

He did it because he was worried about losing his memory, despite the lack of evidence.

Anyways, a possible story reason for Exedol to look like DYRL's is that DYRL Exedol was styled after modern Exedol instead of Space War Exedol.

People who'd seen Exedol recently will go "What the hell? That's not Exedol! He's supposed to be green! And lumpy!"

Their perception of reality is more important than actual reality. And they precieve Exedol as always being like the Macross 7 Exedol.