I just finished the whole DVD Macross collection..

Winter

..And I noticed the following:

-Lynn is a bimbo. A whiny one at that.

-Hikaru showed heroic restraint while dealing with her.

-Misa's hair never seemed to change nor get mussed :p

-Roy was a man's man.

-Roy died like a man.

-Chicks with green hair are hot.

-You can survive the vacuum and cold of space with only a flight suit, scarf and helmet.

-A *LOT* of the Destroids and the Regult Officer's pod look a lot like/are Battlemechs in a different realm ^_^

I really enjoyed watching this series, as I was started on "Macross Plus" and have been unable to order the DVD's due to being broke. Imagine my surprize when they show up for rent at the Blockbuster ^_____^

I really enjoyed watching this series, as I was started on "Macross Plus" and have been unable to order the DVD's due to being broke. Imagine my surprize when they show up for rent at the Blockbuster ^_____^

Something like: :blink::o "Dekalcha!" :D:lol:

...I'm thinking more along the lines of the spooge icon on my forums. :p

Good one you cwazy Wabbit! :D

The Japanese term "Dekalcha!" can be translated two ways, which pretty much means the same thing. :p

From Macross TV: "Impossible!"

From Macross DYRL?: "Unthinkable!"

That's whats translated on the subs anyways, but I'm sure MW'er that knows/understands Japanese will either agree, or disagree.

But hey, it's great to see(and hear), about Macross's ever growing fan base as more are exposed to the true Macross! :D

Anyway, the reason a lot of mecha are the same in Macross and in Battletech is because FASA borrowed the designs. You can find info if you search around; one link is http://brianscache.com/unseen/

Oh my God. Land Air Mech LOL! That travesty aside, its pretty cool to see a my fave Destroids are really my fave Mechs :)

It always make me lol to see how much the guys from FASA could screw up some so much great designs (at least at this time) just because of their incompetence :p

Fortunately, the majority of them have been redone by Kawamori: they now kick ass IMO :)

Something like:  :blink:  :o "Dekalcha!" :D  :lol:

It's "Dekarucha".

It was discussed in some other thread.

It was subtitled in some Macross game or something. I forgot.

Dont think its actually Japanese tho. :blink:

But its still fun to say!

"DEKARUCHA!!!" :o

In the newbie thread both words were mentioned, I just prefer "dekalcha" more and pronounce it that way. ;)

It's not Japanese, it's made up Zentran.

It's "Dekarucha".

In the newbie thread both words were mentioned, I just prefer "dekalcha" more and pronounce it that way. ;)

:blink: Oh ya, it is a Zentradi word. My bad. :ph34r:

But it's also a Japanese word too(unoffically), cause it's the Japanese that made up the Zantradi alien laguage, so... :p

It's "Dekarucha".

But it's also a Japanese word too(unoffically), cause it's the Japanese that made up the Zantradi alien laguage, so... :p

Hehe. We should have let you come to Japan and walk around going "Dekalcha!!". Id love to see peoples reactions. :D

Hehe. We should have let you come to Japan and walk around going "Dekalcha!!". Id love to see peoples reactions. :D

If you pay for my plane ticket round trip shifty.gif , I'm so there ;) ! Even if it's just to see peoples reaction. :p:D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

In Japanese 'unthinkable' is 'masaka'

I always thought those guys were saying 'The Culture' when they said 'Dakurucha'?? Then again I've only got an unsubbed LD copy as reference. I should go back and check the Japanese subs again...

Edited by Skull00