Yamato YF-19 modifications...

Pat S

Slow progress due to Counter Strike Source, and Silent Hill 4 taking up my free time.

Bought a VF-19a off of sleddogg83 to use some of the better parts (like the knees, and grey arms and feet instead of blue-green).

Worked on the feet today.

Here's what they look like normally. Ratcheting front and back only.

post-4-1098312627_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pat S

• 2 weeks later...

Working on using a Hasegawa front cockpit in fighter mode, and the Yamato cockpit nose in battroid. They swap out via polycaps. Very simple system, I think it will look really good when painted. This shortens the nose in battloid because I removed some parts from it, and gives the fighter mode a much sleeker look. Pics next week though.

wow, your making the horrid yamato 19 actually look good!

I would hardly call the Yamato YF-19 horrid. For their frist toy it is really quite good, I would liken it to the Taka 1:55 VF-1, the Chunky Monkey. Compare any recently made VF-1 to a chunky Monkey, or even a custom and the new one or custom is worlds better. I'm sure that given what they have learned in the what, six years, since they made it that if they made a new one it would be worlds better. We can only wait and see about that though.

i know this is a real horrid bit of work but if you make the leg/knee joint like the vf-2ss bandai model it could give you the same effect but look less stick like

but like my vf-2ss you have to do a bit of shaving as well but you get more the chunky looking leg part i don't know if you had something else in mind or anything but yea love the progress wanna do mine? :D

Wow that is some excellent progress! I'm thinking something like a spring or hinge for gerwalk so that the front can stay locked while the rear rises... I dunno, I really hate the stepped approach.

Definately some more articulation in the knees so that we can get a classic Gerwalk ostrich like stance...

i know this is a real horrid bit of work but if you make the leg/knee joint like the vf-2ss bandai model it could give you the same effect but look less stick like

I just looked at my VF-2SS. That's quite a bit of engineering in the leg. It will only support about the same amount of weight though.

I would like to cover it up with an accordian type rubber like this lineart. Anyone have any ideas???

23.jpg

Wow that is some excellent progress! I'm thinking something like a spring or hinge for gerwalk so that the front can stay locked while the rear rises... I dunno, I really hate the stepped approach.

Definately some more articulation in the knees so that we can get a classic Gerwalk ostrich like stance...

I have so much articulation now, the nose can touch the ground :) I will have to think about the middle section in gerwalk mode. It would be nice to have it stay down in the front and raised in the rear like the lineart.

detatchable? There going to be part swapping needed for this?

Only if you want to add a Hasegawa cockpit like I am. I could probably make it non detatchable, but I don't mind doing it this way, and I think it will look better.

have you tried using the hasegawa nose in battroid mode? does it stick out too much? :huh:

bummer...

maybe make a mod to make the nose slide back in battroid mode? :unsure:

There's so many mods to this thing already, I would be afraid if you add a sliding cockpit, the entire thing would just crumble to pieces... LOL! :lol:

I really look forward to the finished piece...