1/55 Ostrich Custom

kidkorrupt

• 3 weeks later...

This thing is just too good to let fall off the boards.

What an amazing Custom.

I had never considered rotating the hands like a Yammie! I have been trying a slider plate for the gap in the arm and that didn't work very well because it's hard to get the hands to come back out. Man.... That sucker is just flat out amazing!

I wish you could show us a step-by-step of how you made the pivots for the hands.

the transformation guide picture was my prototype.

you can see there is a gap when the hands are rotated in. its on the bottom.

on the one i used for the ostrich the gap has been fully reduced and the entire hand area in the arm is blocked off in fighter.

and thanks for the props. you got some nice original stuff yourself =D

• 2 years later...

Hey on the Ostrich.........

It has been a long time since I last saw DYRL.

With the boosters on the Ostrich leaves the vertical tail fins open is that right?

hahahahahaha, a kind macrossworld member actually called me to tell me that this super old post ended up getting bumped back up.

and it was enough to drag me out from the design school trenches and log in. i almost forgot my pw, lol. hope everybody on here is cool and i should be at the con unless school gets too crazy.

hey jas, been a reaaaalllllyyyyyyyyy long time, as soon as i saw your customs i instantly remembered you. thanks a lot for the kind words. the ostrich is still sitting at home chilling in a box still missing poseable hands, lol.

• 6 months later...

WelL i was searching for pictures of a 1/55 Super o as I have just recived my Super O parts from Silver Dragon. I came across this wow this is great.

This posting will bring this thread back out of its slumber but who cares its excellent work from one of our greatest.

• 4 months later...

Good to see you back here bro!! You are one of the all-time greats.

We miss you around here!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you Skull-1. Kid K was one of the first customizers that got me into the hobby. There's just something special about taking a yellowed 20 year old toy and making it into an amazing work of art like this. Since we're going back maybe we need to dig up some of the great 1/55 customs from Jung and Rosario L.

I completely agree with you Skull-1. Kid K was one of the first customizers that got me into the hobby. There's just something special about taking a yellowed 20 year old toy and making it into an amazing work of art like this. Since we're going back maybe we need to dig up some of the great 1/55 customs from Jung and Rosario L.

Seriously. We should.

I actually own a VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valkyrie and a static fighter VF-1D, both customized by Jung Chao. The colors on the VF-1D are really very nice. ^_^

I'm still present, and I still have been customizing. My last product of completion (Kinda) was a 1/55 Elintseeker. I now have it displayed on a chrome Valkyrie launch arm, and it looks sweet. I'll try to get pics soon if I can find my camera charger. As for my Ostrich that I had done about a year ago, I sold it to some guy in New York who had the nerve to complain about the paint job. but nevertheless, I'm gonna start work on another one hopefully in the next couple months. for now, I'm making swivel feet to go with the swivel thighs on my modded and customized Elintseeker.

BTW, this Ostrich is very cool, and I always like looking at it when I can in person. Always a great job. :D

I'm still present, and I still have been customizing. My last product of completion (Kinda) was a 1/55 Elintseeker. I now have it displayed on a chrome Valkyrie launch arm, and it looks sweet. I'll try to get pics soon if I can find my camera charger. As for my Ostrich that I had done about a year ago, I sold it to some guy in New York who had the nerve to complain about the paint job. but nevertheless, I'm gonna start work on another one hopefully in the next couple months. for now, I'm making swivel feet to go with the swivel thighs on my modded and customized Elintseeker.

BTW, this Ostrich is very cool, and I always like looking at it when I can in person. Always a great job. :D

Haha wrong Jason. We are talkign about teh orginal Jason, Kidkorrupt.

I'll definitely post up pics this weekend. My room mate lost my camera plug, so I have no way of taking pics except by a lousy camera phone. but I'll document the work done on the mods. But they should be posable like the 1/60 and 1/48 scale Yamatos when they are done. I cut a lot of sheet metal for the job, and it's all coming around now.

Look for it in another thread, I don't wanna hijack this one. BTW, Kid has a nice portfolio thread up with his customs.