Macross Zero Official Page updated!

Adventure

OMG...THERE'S A MONSTER IN THERE!!!!!! :o:o:o

and it looks like Shin pilots pilots a VF-0A or even another S :o

and the gerwalk pic of Shin's VF-0D still ain't up yet <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

MONSTER!!!

Looks like Sara gets catputred and brought to the sub.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the monster is there! :)

But it's cel-shaded... not CG... :<

But it's the quality that counts. I'll take good cel animation over mediocre CG any day of the week, twice on Sunday. Macross Zero's CG and 2D has flipflopped between mediocre and excellent, with a tendancy towards excellent. And I'll admit a slight perference towards 2D, so I'll take excellent 2D over excellent 3D any day of the week as well.

DrOOL! Zero Monster!

I sure hope Yamato somehow releases that as the third Monster in their lineup. B))

Third? Did I miss something? What are the first (König Monster?) and second?

And who says Destroids get no love? Everyone immediately starts yakking about the Monster and nobody points out that Shin looks like he has his own VF-0A. That, AND the neew M0 'Fast backs' AND the fact that AFOS is huge compared to the tiny little VF-0 escaping that explosion in the hand pic.

But yes, I wants a Monster Destroid :). So does this make this the 'official' Model-1 Monster? Or is this a revamped 02 type?

DrOOL! Zero Monster!

I sure hope Yamato somehow releases that as the third Monster in their lineup.  B))

1. 1/100 Koenig Monster

2. (supposedly) 1/60 Destroid Monster

3. I SURE HOPE THEY DECIDE TO RELEASE THE Zero Monster. B))

DrOOL! Zero Monster!

I sure hope Yamato somehow releases that as the third Monster in their lineup.  B))

1. 1/100 Koenig Monster

2. (supposedly) 1/60 Destroid Monster

3. I SURE HOPE THEY DECIDE TO RELEASE THE Zero Monster. B))

:lol: *skips a heartbeat* :o:):p:D

AFOS is huge compared to the tiny little VF-0 escaping that explosion in the hand pic.

I don't know if that is accurate. They put the AFOS inside the carrier. We see work being done on the AFOS. In neither scene does it suggest that the AFOS is that large. Also if it is that huge, the Anti-UN must be really stupid if they think they can steal something that large with a few Sv-51's There's no way they'd be able to carry it off!

vinnie

WOW!  These look great!  It's interesting to see the Monster in there.  The new additional weapons and equipment on the VF-0's look interesting.  Is that a Valkyrie launched drone on the top of that one VF?  Cool looking!

More pics of Roy's VF-0S with the Drone/FAST Pack at the bottom of page 5 of This thread in case you missed it first time round.

Graham

AFOS is huge compared to the tiny little VF-0 escaping that explosion in the hand pic.

I don't know if that is accurate. They put the AFOS inside the carrier. We see work being done on the AFOS. In neither scene does it suggest that the AFOS is that large. Also if it is that huge, the Anti-UN must be really stupid if they think they can steal something that large with a few Sv-51's There's no way they'd be able to carry it off!

vinnie

Huh. Well obviously I'm wrong, but in that shot with the 'hand' you see something flying out of the left of the explosion. If I squint I see a tiny VF-0, but I guess I'm wrong then.

Still I have to wonder where the Monster was this entire time... And unless it's armed with torpedoes or the Auserdat surfaces, the Monster won't be destroying anything (Unless by some miracle it nails one of the Anti-UN planes with it's artillery guns).

Edit: And is it just me or do the Monster's arms look kind of like characatured ARMDs from the Movie Macross? (same overal shape, just elongated from an underside profile...)

Edited by Boxer

Huh. Well obviously I'm wrong, but in that shot with the 'hand' you see something flying out of the left of the explosion. If I squint I see a tiny VF-0, but I guess I'm wrong then.

The tiny VF-0 could perhaps be one of those decoy missile which looks like a VF-0 and are carried 3 on an underwing pylon. These were featured in the Spring 2004 issue of Character Model magazine. See here, bottom right corner of page. Although IIRC according to Egan Loo, they are not official. Or perhaps the AFOS just gets really big and that's a full size VF-0.

Still I have to wonder where the Monster was this entire time... And unless it's armed with torpedoes or the Auserdat surfaces, the Monster won't be destroying anything (Unless by some miracle it nails one of the Anti-UN planes with it's artillery guns).

Don't forget the arms of the original Monster were missile launchers. If the arms on this new Monster are also missile launchers, it could use them to try to shoot down the Anti-UN SV-51s.

Edit: And is it just me or do the Monster's arms look kind of like characatured ARMDs from the Movie Macross? (same overal shape, just elongated from an underside profile...)

Yeah, I also thought that.

Graham

:lol:

And yet not every series has the SDF-1 in it...

The decoy seems to make sense, but I don't see any of them mounted on the two VF-0s that we see in the screencaps (I assume Shin and Roy are piloting each of them).

And unless the Monster is carrying torpedoes in it's arms, the compendium says that the monster's primary armament is ground-to-ground missiles in addition to the artillery guns- which means the Austerdat would still have to surface to get pounded by the monster. (Unless, as I said, it had torpeodes for armament). And if they're the same monster from the origional Macross they can't hit a SV-51 with ground-to-ground missiles.

And yet not every series has the SDF-1 in it...

Not so. Until now, the SDF-01 has made an appearance in every series.

SDF:Macross- duh, the show was about it

DYRL- likewise

Mac II- they blew it up

Mac Plus- Sharon took it over/ also present in the background of the kareoke scene

Mac 7- In the flashback of "The Fleet of the Strongest Women"

Even if it was only one or two brief glimpses in everything that counts for M7, it was still there...

It remains to be seen if we'll see any screenshots of it in Episode 5, I'm leaning towards "no", but it's always a possibility.

WOW!  These look great!  It's interesting to see the Monster in there.  The new additional weapons and equipment on the VF-0's look interesting.  Is that a Valkyrie launched drone on the top of that one VF?  Cool looking!

More pics of Roy's VF-0S with the Drone/FAST Pack at the bottom of page 5 of This thread in case you missed it first time round.

Graham

Ahhh. Thank you very much Graham. Great looking pics!