Missile hardpoints on the Logan

Ok...

there has recently been alot of discussion surrounding my belief (based on the animation) that the Logan from Southern Cross has hardpoints capable of mounting at least 1 medium range missile. The fact that there is an OSM graphic that implies the Logan can carry missiles has also been hotly contested.

In the eps. #46 Star Dust in Robotech we see a flight of about 6 Logan's emerge from a pair of Pegasus-class Assault Shuttles to fire a barrage of missiles. I have contended for a long time that this animation is in fact valid...eventhough its reused from eps. #42 Danger Zone.

Rtsurfer at Robotech.com and I were chatting about something that is on the Logan that has no apparent use...a single rail on each forearm. When in fighter configuration, the rail is parrallel with the undercarriage of the fighter and high enough off the ground to mount either 2 short range missiles or 1 medium range missile.

What do you guys think?

LoganWeapons_out784p67.gif

logan_below.gif

My eyes! My eyes! Ahhhggg!

Whew...that is ugly, and not in a "so ugly it's cool" way.

According to the line art you posted, looks like it does indeed carry missles.

And they get shot down everytime. Useless! :p

I don't know much about Southern Cross, but that seems like a fair explanation. As for Southern Cross toy of the logan, I'll pass. Toynami would be the only ones to make it, and they would want it to be 1:55 scale, thus only about 4 inches tall. Still a transformable AGACS would be cool.