Megaman fans, rejoice!!!

mikeszekely

http://www.capcom.com/news/news.xpml?prid=450094

Straight from the source, so it's safe to get excited. For those of you who don't feel like clicking the link and reading the lengthy press release, I'll summarize. Remember how Sega released that Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube? Capcom of America is gonna do the same with Megaman. They're going to release "Mega Man Anniversary Collection" for PS2 and Gamecube in February 2004. It's going to contain Megaman 1-6 from the NES, Megaman 7 from the SNES, Megaman 8 from the PlayStation, and if that wasn't enough, the two arcade games Megaman: The Power Battle and Megaman: The Power Fighters. Then, just to prove that Capcom loves us, as you play through those classic games you can unlock new soundtracks, videos, interviews, and artwork.

Yeah.......that's sounds great and all. But I lost love for the series after Mega Man 3 came out. IMHO you can't beat the first three for the NES, and Mega Man X wasn't too bad also.

If they can revamp the engine for another Mega Man Legends I might be interested. B)

Ahh. MM3 was the best IMHO. Its music STILL rocks. And it was LONG too, you got your money's worth from that game. $45 was a lot of money back then (that's what, like $70 now?), especially when you're 12...

Nope... MM2 was the best. :lol:

The soundtrack has trancended time.... still one of the best soundtracks of all times. :)

If they can revamp the engine for another Mega Man Legends I might be interested.

Please tell me you are kidding. :blink:

While original, as far as Rockman games go.... Legends was a blasphemy as far as video games go. Legends 2 was fairly decent, but still not good. I doubt Capcom would put their hands in the fire for Legends... specially with their recent spree of cancelled games. <_<

OMFG! :o No shizzit? The blue bomber ROCK'ed my world from the first NES games to the SNES/PS1 X's. I never played the Arcade games but with all of the games in one big package I better get my damn money's worth. What's the MSRP BTW?

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

Hmm, I hope (though I know they won't) include the Japanese voices for MM8 (god I hated that dub, it's EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!). I also hope that it's the revamped Megaman 1, as the NES version was a tad unfair to say the least (no save system!).

And for the record, MM2 was the best, but MM3 had the best improvements, plus the best glitches. I can't tell you how long I played that game with my feet on the second controller enabling me to be invincable, megajump, & freeze animations so that you could hear the entire (and might I say strangely longer!) versions of songs, such as Protoman's whistle theme as Megaman is running through the tree's at the end.

Edited by Keith

McKlown - "Megaman fan" means people who liked the classic series. And while dedicated fans of the classic series are also often fans of the X series and Zero series, and may also get a kick out of the Battle Network series, many of us reguard Legends as not worthy of being Megaman at best, and blasphemy at worst. Maybe we would have liked it better if it was the same game, but not Megaman?

JRock - I expect that 8 will be a straight port, the only changes to 7 will be identical except for remixed CD-quality music and the inclusion of a save system. 1-6 I think will be identical to the PS1 Rockman ports, with a save system, remixed music, the new help system, but same 8-bit graphics. It would be kind of cool if they updated the graphics, even if only to look like the Megadrive graphics.

Abombz!! - I'm with you on Legends, but I'm going to have to go with David. I think 3 was my favorite. Megaman 2 and three are very close for most fans, and while most fans go with 2, I kinda played it out. 3 I played less, but it was so cool the way you fought all the Megaman 2 bosses again, and Protoman was so cool, the soundtrack was awesome, and Keith is right about the glitches. Yeah, it does suck that the Gameboy Megaman's weren't included. Maybe they'm make another collection... Megaman GB 1-5, Megaman Soccer, Megaman Battle and Chase, and Super Adventure Rockman.

Keith - I don't work for Capcom, so I can't promise you anything. But as far as I know, the Megadrive and PS1 remakes both had save system. I expect that this one will too. As for the voices in Megaman 8... this seems like it's a CoA project, not something that Japan is working on. So... I'm afraid that we're still going to have to deal with Elmer Light for the time...

Eriku... those monkey's at Capcom aren't evil! I've been praying for this collection since before there was a PlayStation 2 or Gamecube! Right now, those monkeys are like my best friends! But cheer up. Industry insiders are predicting another drop in console prices for the holidays.

Bob Joe Mac - You can hope along with me that if this collection and Megaman X7 meet with Capcom's expectations, that a Megaman X collection might be next. Seriously, though, a Megaman and a Megaman X collection could be the only two games I'd take if I was going to stranded on a desert island.

Gerwalk25 - It was just announced, so no price has been determined yet. But, Capcom has been releasing a lot of games at $40 lately. I kind of expect that this one will end up costing $40. As for the arcade games, they're pretty fun. It's a simplfication to say this, but it's kind of like the console games, but only the boss fights. No stages involved. Another cool thing is that you can play as Protoman or Bass (and in one of them, Duo). But it gets pretty hard.

Hmm, I hope (though I know they won't) include the Japanese voices for MM8 (god I hated that dub, it's EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!). I also hope that it's the revamped Megaman 1, as the NES version was a tad unfair to say the least (no save system!).

I agree to a certain extent.... the voices were annoying, but the american intro was by far less annoying then the J-poppy japanese intor. <_<

Abombz!! - I'm with you on Legends, but I'm going to have to go with David. I think 3 was my favorite. Megaman 2 and three are very close for most fans, and while most fans go with 2, I kinda played it out. 3 I played less, but it was so cool the way you fought all the Megaman 2 bosses again, and Protoman was so cool, the soundtrack was awesome, and Keith is right about the glitches. Yeah, it does suck that the Gameboy Megaman's weren't included. Maybe they'm make another collection... Megaman GB 1-5, Megaman Soccer, Megaman Battle and Chase, and Super Adventure Rockman

Thats the reason I didn't like MM3.... if I wanted to beat the bosses again I would play MM2. The soundtrack was good, but MM2 soundtrack was still better. Heck... Metal Mans theme song is still one of the top video game songs, along with the Needle Man theme song from one of the Game Boy games. :)

I'm just glad the collection is also being made for the Game Cube... Mega Man transmission sucked so bad, I felt like scratching my eyes out with a fork. <_<

And for the record, MM2 was the best, but MM3 had the best improvements, plus the best glitches. I can't tell you how long I played that game with my feet on the second controller enabling me to be invincable, megajump, & freeze animations so that you could hear the entire (and might I say strangely longer!) versions of songs, such as Protoman's whistle theme as Megaman is running through the tree's at the end.

I used a chair heh, heh, heh! :D B)

~G25

It's about time. Mikeszekely, I can assume you also wrote a lengthy letter to Capcom begging for this years back? Best part about this is the inclusion fot he arcade games. I have often considered buying a NG Pocket Color just for Rockman The Power Battles port on it (as recently as yesterday!). Now I don't have to. Now if they would only release the soundtracks stateside.

Oh, I hated hated HATED the Rockman Dash games. Moreso than Rockman and Forte (Megaman and Bass)

It's about time. Mikeszekely, I can assume you also wrote a lengthy letter to Capcom begging for this years back? Best part about this is the inclusion fot he arcade games. I have often considered buying a NG Pocket Color just for Rockman The Power Battles port on it (as recently as yesterday!). Now I don't have to. Now if they would only release the soundtracks stateside.

Oh, I hated hated HATED the Rockman Dash games. Moreso than Rockman and Forte (Megaman and Bass)

You could have just dled them. I had the 2 roms a few years ago for the CPS arcade board emulator... they were pretty small too, and using the keyboard didn't detract from the fun.

As for releasing the tracks stateside... I bet they would do like everyone else does... cheapo packages with missing tracks. <_<

You could have just dled them. I had the 2 roms a few years ago for the CPS arcade board emulator... they were pretty small too, and using the keyboard didn't detract from the fun.

As for releasing the tracks stateside... I bet they would do like everyone else does... cheapo packages with missing tracks. <_<

I did download them but I wanted to own the actual copies of the game (I'm like that with my colelction). It was either that or buy Tokyo Kid's arcade unit in Harvard Sq. Of cousre the release I want has to have all the tracks. I think Capcom would give a release 110% if they really were going to unlike many other companies. Capcom ahs been pretty good with the few rare CD soundtracks they have released out here even tho they were mainly Street Fighter dictated.

I did download them but I wanted to own the actual copies of the game (I'm like that with my colelction). It was either that or buy Tokyo Kid's arcade unit in Harvard Sq. Of cousre the release I want has to have all the tracks. I think Capcom would give a release 110% if they really were going to unlike many other companies. Capcom ahs been pretty good with the few rare CD soundtracks they have released out here even tho they were mainly Street Fighter dictated.

I understand. But then again... the Neo Geo Pockets version of the game wasn't exactly a faithful port. :p

And another thing.... this is a Capcom USA release, as far as I know, its not coming out in Japan (but as everyone knows, they will probably get something that will put this release to shame). I doubt the US branch would go the extra mile to release the soundtrack.

But yeah... an anniversary OST would rock! :o

Might as well: name your fave MM (or RM) bad guys!

For me, Snake Man and Shadow Man were the two coolest. (Both from MM3). Yes, Metal Man has the all-time most useful weapon, but he himself wasn't cool. Heat Man gets a mention because of his stage, and how cool it felt to FULLY power up his weapon before releasing it.

Also, people you hate:

Air Man, Needle Man, Crash Man, Dust Man, Skull Man.

I've written to both Capcom of America, and then recently wrote a letter in Japanese to Capom of Japan.

While I think that Dash/Legends was pure crap, Transmission wasn't that bad. I thought it was fun, once you got into it... it's just that only classic/X/Zero really feels like Megaman to me. And while the King levels in Megaman and Bass were ridiculously hard, I LOVED the game. I even collected all of the CDs.

Oh, and Abombz... MAME 0.73 or MAME32 Plus! 0.71 will both play the arcade games. Personally, I went with MAME32, and I got it to play fine with a Gravis Gamepad Pro. If you like to play old games on emulators, I'd reccomend that pad to anyone... cheap, but very comfortable and compatible.

David... my personal favorite is Pharaoh Man. I'm not a fan of Top Man for his sheer lameness, and Dynamo Man was just cheap.

So Because I happened to like Legends I'm not worthy of being called a Megaman fan? Damn, you people are just as bad if not worse than some mock-otakus I've come across. :rolleyes::p

LOL. I don't care. I like MM legends. Thats just what I like. Thats me. :lol:

So Because I happened to like Legends I'm not worthy of being called a Megaman fan? Damn, you people are just as bad if not worse than some mock-otakus I've come across.  :rolleyes:  :p

Nobody said that. Because you like a bad Megaman... might as well make you the best fan here. ;)

Ai. You just have a way with words. :lol:;)

Might as well: name your fave MM (or RM) bad guys!

For me, Snake Man and Shadow Man were the two coolest. (Both from MM3). Yes, Metal Man has the all-time most useful weapon, but he himself wasn't cool. Heat Man gets a mention because of his stage, and how cool it felt to FULLY power up his weapon before releasing it.

Also, people you hate:

Air Man, Needle Man, Crash Man, Dust Man, Skull Man.

Favorites? Metal Man, Gyro Man, Pharaoh Man, Tomahawk Man, Napalm Man, Shade Man, Terra, Saturn.... and the coolest looking one.... Tengu Man. :)

Coolest power up.... Rush Armor in MM7 and Gospel Boost in Rockman and Forte.

Oh, and Abombz... MAME 0.73 or MAME32 Plus! 0.71 will both play the arcade games. Personally, I went with MAME32, and I got it to play fine with a Gravis Gamepad Pro. If you like to play old games on emulators, I'd reccomend that pad to anyone... cheap, but very comfortable and compatible

I bet they would... but having beaten them back then.... have no reason to dl them again. ;)